Author Topic: Clan Jade Falcon III: Admittedly, We May Have Falconed a Little Too Hard  (Read 96099 times)

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • Need a hand?
One of my friends is trying to get back into painting and has offered to paint a star of Jade Falcon mechs for me as a way to get into practice.  He wants to paint up a Heirofalcon and a Jade Phoenix, both of which I have several minis of, but I'm wondering what other mechs to put in.  Was thinking of a Loki II.  He's intending it to be Jiyi's Falcons even though they don't have access to the Jade Phoenix or Heirofalcon.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Scotty

• Alpha Strike Guru by appointment to the FWLM
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
Cougar, Black Lanner, Turkina.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

parable

• Sergeant
Cougar, Black Lanner, Turkina.

Replace one of the above with a Night Gyr if you feel the need to.
Kaldumeir Nova Cat, Abtakha Mechwarrior of Clan Nova Cat, late of the Draconis Combine.

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
Definitely a Turkina to go with those two. I’d recommend a second Heirofalcon and the Hel to fill out the Star.

Scotty

• Alpha Strike Guru by appointment to the FWLM
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
More Clan Stars should average medium or low end heavy weight.  The Star obesity epidemic has plagued Clan forces for over 30 years.  Enough is enough.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

Church14

• Lieutenant
Jade Phoenix
Heirofalcon

If you’re looking for existing plastic
Fire Falcon
Black Lanner
Summoner

That gives you one of each weight class, and two mediums.

Natasha Kerensky

• Major
  • Queen of Spades, First Lady of Death, Black Widow
Since it’s a “training” star for you, this probably doesn’t matter much.  But I’d stay away from slower designs like the Turkina and Hel.  They’ll have a hard time keeping up with the Jade Phoenix and Heirofalcon, especially in difficult terrain.  I think 4/6/4 movement is the minimum for this star.  Black Lanner, Flamberge, Night Gyr, Grand Summoner, and Summoner would be my Falcon omni preferences for this star.  Nothing wrong with older Clan omnis like a Timber Wolf, Mad Dog, Stormcrow, or Nova.  Or the newer Mad Cat IV or Vulture IV sold by the Foxes.

If you don’t care about keeping the star all omnis, there’s the Jade Hawk, Gyrfalcon, and the like.  If you are watching BV, there are smaller Falcon omnis like the Cougar, Uller, and Ion Sparrow, but they’re fragile.

FWIW…
"Ah, yes.  The belle dame sans merci.  The sweet young thing who will blast your nuts off.  The kitten with a whip.  That mystique?"
"Slavish adherence to formal ritual is a sign that one has nothing better to think about."
"Variety is the spice of battle."
"I've fought in... what... a hundred battles, a thousand battles?  It could be a million as far as I know.  I've fought for anybody who offered a decent contract and a couple who didn't.  And the universe is not much different after all that.  I could go on fighting for another hundred years and it would still look the same."
"I'm in mourning for my life."
"Those who break faith with the Unity shall go down into darkness."

Adgar

• Recruit
About Without Question: I confess I half expected to read "virides falcones ite domus" on those Antaran graffiti. Now please forgive me, I will run back to my corner.

Register