Author Topic: Rim Worlds Army Paint Schemes  (Read 9867 times)

TigerShark

• Major
    • MekWars: Dominion
Rim Worlds Army Paint Schemes
« on: 23 March 2015, 18:42:51 »

RIM WORLDS ARMY

Overview
As there is no published set of paint schemes for the second-largest army in history, I've decided to create my own quasi-canon and post the results here. If anyone has suggestions or cares to debate these findings with quotes from the canon, I welcome follow-up posts. To keep things orderly, changes will be made to the main page only. Please note that the images posted below are examples of the paint schemes being described and are taken from other sources. (Firebee, Galahad and Rampage painted by MasterGunz)

Theater Markings
Theater banding is added during war time to denote a unit's intended theater of combat. Units assigned to Apollo Province are banded with gold, though this was also true of the Imperial Divisions which took part in the coup.

Code: [Select]
Imperial Division:      Gold
Apollo Province:        Crimson
Finmark Province:       White
Timbuktu Province:      Tan
Erdvynn Province:       Black

AMARIS REPUBLICAN GUARDS

The standard paint scheme for the Amaris Republican Guards is the SLDF's olive-drab, accented by crimson markings. Individual Regiments would often develop flamboyant, thematic paint schemes for parade formations.

BELOW: Marauder MAD-1R with Apollo Province banding, Rampage RMP-5G with Apollo Province banding, assigned to an Imperial Division (gold accent markings).

AMARIS DRAGOONS
Paint schemes for the Dragoons vary wildly and tend to be utilitarian. When in combat zones, the Amaris Dragoons will adopt a camoflage pattern suitable to their deployment zone and environment.

BELOW: 99th Amaris Dragoons Galahad GLH-2D with Imperial Division banding; unmarked Phoenix PX-3R in green/blue disruption pattern; Merkava Mk. VII in woodland camo.

AMARIS REGULARS
Much like the naval camo, Amaris Regulars tend toward a dull grey for accents and exposed internal parts, with a majority of the unit covered in navy blue.

BELOW: Warhammer WHM-6R with Finmark Province markings; Highlander HGN-732 (Proxy)with Finmark markings.

AMARIS LANCERS
The Lancers, often fielding lighter, faster designs, painted their units with a variety of bright, vibrant colors in order to be noticed from afar. Racing stripes and color schemes were favorites among the highly mobile regiments which frequently changed assignments.

BELOW: 4th Amaris Fusiliers Firebee FRB-2E sporting a canary yellow scheme, accented with taupe along the prominent ridges.

RIM WORLDS NAVY
Naval designs emphasize the shark-like appearance of their vessels, drawing on ancient images of Terran creatures for inspiration. A light grey finish for the 'underbelly' of the vessel, blended on the edges with the dorsal side's blue-grey. BELOW: Aegis Heavy Cruiser

« Last Edit: 27 March 2015, 14:08:17 by TigerShark »
  W W W . M E K W A R S - D O M I N I O N . C O M

"You will fight to the last soldier, and when you die, I will call upon your damned soul to speak horrible curses at the enemy."
     - Orders of Emperor Stefan Amaris to his troops

O5P_Ghost

• Warrant Officer
  • DR? NSR? Doesn't matter, I'm the one with the HMG!
Re: Rim Worlds Army Paint Schemes
« Reply #1 on: 24 March 2015, 11:45:30 »
I like it. However what do the Imperial Division look like?
User formally known as Snowfire
"Because the Draconis Combine is the greatest, strongest nation-state the universe has ever seen, and it is the destiny of House Kurita to rule over all of humanity. The people of the Federated Suns can accept this or be made to accept it." MapCapellan

Col.Hengist

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Konrad ' Hengist " Littman Highlander 732b
« Reply #2 on: 24 March 2015, 11:55:24 »
Wasn't there an "Unkle Sam" scheme?
Lyran Commonwealth,6th Donegal Guards-Nightstar
Marian Hegemony, II Legio-Cataphract
Clan Hell's Horses, Gamma Galaxy-Summoner
Clan Grinch goat- gamma goat.

TigerShark

• Major
« Reply #3 on: 24 March 2015, 13:45:52 »
Wasn't there an "Unkle Sam" scheme?

Yes. Haven't gotten into individual regiments yet, though there were only two in canon.

"You will fight to the last soldier, and when you die, I will call upon your damned soul to speak horrible curses at the enemy."

TigerShark

• Major
« Reply #4 on: 24 March 2015, 13:47:59 »
I like it. However what do the Imperial Division look like?

The Imperial Divisions were composed of smaller regimental types. These schemes are at the Regimental level, while the 2765 book was at the Division level. So an Imperial Division might have several Patriot regiments, Armored, Dragoons, Guards, etc. It's mostly their skill level, loyalty and equipment level that qualified them to be posted into an "Imperial Division." So to answer your question, they'd have the same schemes, just with different banding (gold).

TigerShark

• Major
« Reply #5 on: 27 March 2015, 14:08:32 »
Finished stage 1.