Author Topic: Master Unit List (MUL) Online Database - READ THE FIRST POST  (Read 313942 times)

Doug Glendower

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
  • I really am bad at letting go.
Re: Master Unit List (MUL) Online Database - READ THE FIRST POST
« Reply #30 on: 05 June 2011, 10:50:47 »
source?  tr3058u just says the 3d is favored on the clan front, nothing about FS preference.
I could have sworn it was in 3058 Original Flavor, but I could be misremembering.

Neufeld

• Captain
  • Raven, Lyran, Horse, Capellan, Canopian, Bear
« Reply #31 on: 05 June 2011, 11:55:46 »
Trebaruna  all versions (TR-XB, TR-XJ & TR-XL) seems to be available to all Inner Sphere and Clan faction in IS and also to all mercenaries.

This seems very odd, especially since TRO3085 states on page 106: "..., the Federated
Suns, Draconis Combine and Lyran Commonwealth have so
far chosen not to develop the Trebaruna. "
The deployment section of the same page does neither mention any foreign sales at all.

Suggestion:
change availability of
- Trebaruna TR-XB to Republic of the Sphere
- Trebaruna TR-XJ to Free Worlds League
- Trebaruna TR-XL to Capellan Confederation

"Real men and women do not need Terra"
-- Grendel Roberts
"
We will be used to subdue the Capellan Confederation. We will be used to bring the Free Worlds League to heel. We will be used to
hunt bandits and support corrupt rulers and to reinforce the evils of the Inner Sphere that drove our ancestors from it so long ago."
-- Elias Crichell

Pa Weasley

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • I am not this cute
« Reply #32 on: 05 June 2011, 21:49:16 »
Incorrect pictures:

Gladiator Exoskeleton "The Spider" - image Gladiator battlemech
Gray Death Scout Suit - image Scout JumpShip

LastChanceCav

• Captain
  • Repossessing the dispossessed ...
« Reply #33 on: 06 June 2011, 09:20:15 »
Having the Merc General and Mercenary fields is a little confusing (same for IS and Inner Sphere Faction), especially since Merc General and IS General don't return any results if they are the only fields selected.

Cheers,
LCC
Last Chance Engineering - Bespoke Battlemechs for the refined gentleperson.

LastChanceCav

• Captain
  • Repossessing the dispossessed ...
« Reply #34 on: 06 June 2011, 09:29:46 »
The TDR-10M (Salazar) RS is incorrectly linked to BattleTech Dossiers: Lamenkov's Liability

Change to BattleTech Dossiers: Salazar Tsakalotos (PDF) http://www.battlecorps.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=27_35_213&products_id=2629

Cheers,
LCC
Last Chance Engineering - Bespoke Battlemechs for the refined gentleperson.

Skyhigh

• Master Sergeant
    • Solaris Skunkwerks
« Reply #35 on: 06 June 2011, 09:51:12 »
Having the Merc General and Mercenary fields is a little confusing (same for IS and Inner Sphere Faction), especially since Merc General and IS General don't return any results if they are the only fields selected.

Ah yes, forgot to clean out some of the early General groups that were no longer used in the 1.0.1 version.  Will do.

Lorcan Nagle

• 75 tons of heavy metal mayhem
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
« Reply #36 on: 06 June 2011, 10:29:12 »
Locust IIc 8 has the TRO:3055 art instead of the TRO: 3085 art.
The moderator formerly known as the user formerly known as nenechan

Neufeld

• Captain
« Reply #37 on: 06 June 2011, 10:32:36 »
Not sure if this is the right place to post, but since the word 'suggestions' is in the thread title:

Feature request: Ability to filter out 'unique' units when doing a faction search.

EDIT:

Also,
Starslayer STY-3Dr has incorrect tonnage. Should be 50 tons, not 55.
« Last Edit: 06 June 2011, 10:40:25 by Neufeld »

-- Grendel Roberts
"
We will be used to subdue the Capellan Confederation. We will be used to bring the Free Worlds League to heel. We will be used to
hunt bandits and support corrupt rulers and to reinforce the evils of the Inner Sphere that drove our ancestors from it so long ago."
-- Elias Crichell

Lorcan Nagle

• Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
« Reply #38 on: 06 June 2011, 10:57:42 »
Almost all Warhammer variants show the Warhammer 8D art, with the exceptions of the 4L, 6S, 11T, 9S, 9D, and 10CT.  Is it intentional to use the reseen art for the Unseen models, or should they be using the silouettes from TRO:3039/record sheets?

Interestingly, this means Warhammer WHM-X7 "The Lich" shows the Warhammer 8D, while the art is being used for the 10CT.

Neufeld

• Captain
« Reply #39 on: 06 June 2011, 13:49:55 »
As I also reported in the RS3085unabridged thread, Shadow Hawk SHD-8L does not need experimental rules, it should be under advanced rules instead.
http://www.classicbattletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,5927.msg150851.html#msg150851

-- Grendel Roberts
"
-- Elias Crichell

Neufeld

• Captain
« Reply #40 on: 06 June 2011, 14:23:54 »
Crusader CRD-4L: No such record sheet exists in RS3085 PP

-- Grendel Roberts
"
-- Elias Crichell

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #41 on: 06 June 2011, 14:50:51 »
The CRD-4L is exactly the same as the CRD-4D.  So the CRD-4L Record Sheet is in RS3085 PP, it's just called the CRD-4D.  We haven't found a good way to note this yet.  VTR-9D and VTR-9K is the same thing. 
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

Neufeld

• Captain
« Reply #42 on: 06 June 2011, 15:03:21 »
The CRD-4L is exactly the same as the CRD-4D.  So the CRD-4L Record Sheet is in RS3085 PP, it's just called the CRD-4D.  We haven't found a good way to note this yet.  VTR-9D and VTR-9K is the same thing.

I see two possibilities:
- 1. Record sheets for both even if they are the same.
- 2. Show it in the name, like this: Crusader CRD-4L (CRD-4D)

-- Grendel Roberts
"
-- Elias Crichell

TigerShark

• Major
    • MekWars: Dominion
« Reply #43 on: 06 June 2011, 15:09:53 »
Considering the policy of the MUL to not publish any unit for which there is no record sheet, it seems logical that the entry be removed entirely until a record sheet is published.
  W W W . M E K W A R S - D O M I N I O N . C O M

"You will fight to the last soldier, and when you die, I will call upon your damned soul to speak horrible curses at the enemy."
     - Orders of Emperor Stefan Amaris to his troops

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #44 on: 06 June 2011, 18:45:46 »
Considering the policy of the MUL to not publish any unit for which there is no record sheet, it seems logical that the entry be removed entirely until a record sheet is published.

There is a record sheet. It's just under a very slightly different designation.
BattleTech is a huge house, it's not any one fan's or "type" of fans.  If you need to relieve yourself, use the bathroom not another BattleTech fan. - nckestrel
1st and 2nd Succession Wars are not happy times. - klarg1
Check my Ogre Flickr page! https://flic.kr/s/aHsmcLnb7v and https://flic.kr/s/aHsksV83ZP

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
« Reply #45 on: 07 June 2011, 00:17:37 »
Quick note: under the "Warfare Symbology" tab under "Getting Started", it displays the same symbol for Combat Vehicle and Naval Vessel, and the same symbol for Protomech & Support Vessel

Correction: replace with correct icons for Naval Vessel and Protomech.

W.
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Skyhigh

• Master Sergeant
    • Solaris Skunkwerks
« Reply #46 on: 07 June 2011, 00:48:42 »
Correction: replace with correct icons for Naval Vessel and Protomech.

There isn't any other generic symbol in Strategic Operations for those unit types that I saw.  Can you send me/point me to the icons that are more specific for those?

Neufeld

• Captain
« Reply #47 on: 07 June 2011, 02:25:24 »
Helepolis HEP-1H:

According the Objectives: Capellan Confederation page 16, the primitive Helepolis was manufactured on Ward by Ceres Metal Industries during the Jihad.

Suggested fix: Add Capellan Confederation availability for the Jihad era to Helepolis HEP-1H.

EDIT:

Icarus ICR-1X:

According the Objectives: Capellan Confederation page 4, the primitive Icarus was manufactured on Betelgeuse by Hellespont Industrials during the Jihad.

Suggested fix: Add Capellan Confederation availability for the Jihad era to Icarus ICR-1X.

Wasp WSP-1:

According to RS3039unabridged page 443, the WSP-1 Wasp is a primitive battlemech.

According the Objectives: Capellan Confederation page 16, the primitive Wasp was manufactured on Betelgeuse by Hellespont Industrials during the Jihad.

Suggested fix: Change rules level of the WSP-1 Wasp from Standard to Era Specific, and technology from Inner Sphere to Primitive. Add Capellan Confederation availability for the Jihad era to Wasp-1.
« Last Edit: 07 June 2011, 03:11:08 by Neufeld »

-- Grendel Roberts
"
-- Elias Crichell

BeeRockxs

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Warrant Officer
« Reply #48 on: 07 June 2011, 07:28:16 »
Suggestion: Allow export to MegaMek's MUL format, which is pretty similiar to the BFB format.
Contact me by PM for more info on the format.

Greyhind

• Warrant Officer
  • I'm Watching You
« Reply #49 on: 07 June 2011, 15:00:35 »
Huh, I was under the impression that Assassins were a FWL design...

Regardless I am certain that none of them have the correct image attached.

Pa Weasley

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • I am not this cute
« Reply #50 on: 07 June 2011, 22:16:46 »
Rifleman IIC 5
Jihad era availability lists Capellan Confederation, Draconis Combine, Federated Suns, Free Worlds League, Lyran Alliance, Mercenary, and Word of Blake. No Clan availability. Dark Age era does list it as Inner Sphere Clan General.

Shadow Cat H
Has no information available for either Jihad or Dark Age eras. I'm not sure if this is an error on intentional. Previous PDF version had available to Clan Diamond Shark, Clan Jade Falcon, Clan Nova Cat, Clan Snow Raven, Clan Wolf for both eras.
« Last Edit: 07 June 2011, 22:24:30 by Pa Weasley »

shakespear

• Private
    • Chance of Gaming
« Reply #51 on: 07 June 2011, 22:21:43 »
The CDA-2A Cicada is listed as Star League. All the 3025 readouts disagree..
http://chanceofgaming.com/
My tabletop podcast

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #52 on: 07 June 2011, 23:18:49 »
The CDA-2A Cicada is listed as Star League. All the 3025 readouts disagree..

You didn't say what you think it should be.  Guessing you mean Sucession Wars.
While TR3025 (the original) says 2840 as the intro date, it also says it was ordered by the Star League by a small firm before the fall of the Star League.  The Star League didnt' exist in 2840.  Tr3039 changes this date to 2740 to match the intent of the text of 3025 that the Cicada was introduced just before the fall of the Star League.  Therefore the Star League era for the Cicada.
« Last Edit: 07 June 2011, 23:24:23 by nckestrel »
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

roosterboy

• Site Maintenance
  • Major
  • J'accuse!
« Reply #53 on: 08 June 2011, 11:16:11 »
Dunno if others would find it useful, but last night I found myself wishing there was a way to exclude factions. You know, something like "assault 'Mech in the Star League era that is used by the Capellans but not the Mariks".

Crunch

• Lieutenant
« Reply #54 on: 09 June 2011, 01:56:13 »
I'd really like to see availability searches be more inclusive. Especially as more units go extinct it would be useful to have - for instance- A search for Jihad era Taurian and Periph Availability show all units available during the Jihad, not just the units introduced in that era. I realize that you can do a multi era search, but that doesn't take into account extinction.
It's really, it's a very, very beautiful poem to giant monsters. Giant monsters versus giant robots.
G. Del Toro

Lorcan Nagle

• Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
« Reply #55 on: 09 June 2011, 03:21:46 »
I asked about that in the MUL thread in General Discussion, Welshamn said it was on the "to-do" list.

skiltao

• Lieutenant
    • SkilTao's Gaming Blog
« Reply #56 on: 11 June 2011, 02:36:13 »
I can't imagine this would be at all quick to implement, but:

Level 2 technology was published in batches, each batch spanning one or more TROs (2750/3050/3055/3058 was the first batch, then 3060 was the second batch, 3067/PP was the third, and Total Warfare/TechManual was the fourth).  It would help me greatly if I could search for units according to which "batch" of technology they belong to. 

Easier:

When an image is unavailable and another has been substituted, it might be helpful to have a note or caption saying as much. 
Blog: currently working on BattleMech manufacturing rates. (Faction Intros project will resume eventually.)
History of BattleTech: Handy chart for returning players. (last updated end of 2012)

Lorcan Nagle

• Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
« Reply #57 on: 11 June 2011, 02:57:00 »
I can't imagine this would be at all quick to implement, but:

Level 2 technology was published in batches, each batch spanning one or more TROs (2750/3050/3055/3058 was the first batch, then 3060 was the second batch, 3067/PP was the third, and Total Warfare/TechManual was the fourth).  It would help me greatly if I could search for units according to which "batch" of technology they belong to. 

One of the advanced search fields is "Sourcebook", whcih lets you specify what TROs and other books you want to look for.  Of course, it's going to include the later variants from the Upgrade TROs, but it'd be a fairly functional search.

skiltao

• Lieutenant
    • SkilTao's Gaming Blog
« Reply #58 on: 11 June 2011, 14:46:47 »
Since "TRO" actually goes by record sheet book instead of TRO, each search gives you the whole range of tech.  Not at all functional for me.   :(
Blog: currently working on BattleMech manufacturing rates. (Faction Intros project will resume eventually.)
History of BattleTech: Handy chart for returning players. (last updated end of 2012)

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #59 on: 11 June 2011, 15:12:36 »
Era introduced does that though with slighty different breakdowns.
2750 would be Star League.
3050-3060 would be clan invasion.
3067 and PP are civil war.