Author Topic: [Reader Discussion Area!!!] Forgotten Worlds - The (Semi-Official) Finale  (Read 26836 times)

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
Hey there, folks!

Who's ready for the series to start all over again!?

Contracts are, apparently, more like "guidelines" than actual rules these days...

- Herb

Maingunnery

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Pirates and C3 masters are on the hitlist

What happened?!
Herb: "Well, now I guess we'll HAVE to print it. Sounds almost like the apocalypse I've been working for...."

The Society:Fan XTRO & Field Manual
Nebula California: HyperTube Xtreme
Nebula Confederation Ships

mikecj

• Major
  • Veteran of Galahad 3028
Hey there, folks!

Who's ready for the series to start all over again!?

Contracts are, apparently, more like "guidelines" than actual rules these days...

- Herb

Sure... lets see where you take us.
There are no fish in my pond.
"First, one brief announcement. I just want to mention, for those who have asked, that absolutely nothing what so ever happened today in sector 83x9x12. I repeat, nothing happened. Please remain calm." Susan Ivanova
"Solve a man's problems with violence, help him for a day. Teach a man to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime." - Belkar Bitterleaf
Romo Lampkin could have gotten Stefan Amaris off with a warning.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
If you need any more editing, just let me know!  :thumbsup:

cawest

• Captain
can not wait!!!

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
If you need any more editing, just let me know!  :thumbsup:

If you still had those chapters I gifted you, get started!

What happened?!

Contract breach on the company's part. You can't call it a sale when money doesn't change hands.

-Herb

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
Will do, but not tonight... too close to bed time...  You can expect them by Sunday night...  :thumbsup:

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
for those who might have missed it the first time around...

Chapter 3 (both parts of it) is now back in the story thread! All in all, I recall it being the chapter I was the most eager to do when I outlined the entire saga. Only took me, what, 10 years to get there?

So much lost time...

- Herb

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
Caveat!

I have learned that fact-check reviews to the story were underway even as the contract foundered. As a result, edits may happen to the posted chapters in the days ahead.

- Herb

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
Hello again!

Well, I'm being asked to stop again while things are worked out, so as a show of good faith, I will do so.

Will keep you guys posted, insomuch as non-disclosure allows.

- Herb

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
Good news that!  I hope they get it straightened out for you...

Also, you should have my latest edits in your inbox...  :)

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
I got 'em, thanks!

- Herb

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
Awesome... hope they help!  :thumbsup:

cklammer

• Warrant Officer
It is so annoying when contracts and the accompanying payments do not go smoothly through.

I wish that you get your just financial rewards as I'd pay in turn for the complete ebook, no sweat.

Selfishly, I wish issues are being quickly resolved ... one way or the other.

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
Hello, all!

Well, the issues have been resolved behind the scenes, and the story is back on route to formal publication. While this means I cannot continue posting free chapters now, rest assured that official publication of the Jardine tale's conclusion WILL happen...someday.

Thanks for your patronage and understanding, folks!

- Herb

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
Glad to hear it Herb!  :thumbsup:

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
Ooo! Fancy update for those who might be interested!

https://www.drivethrufiction.com/product/315787/BattleTech-The-Hunt-for-Jardine-Forgotten-Worlds-Part-One?src=newest

It's the first third of the Stevens adventure, now in official BattleTech post-BattleCorps fiction form.

Coinciding with this, of course, is the Touring the Stars: Jardine e-pub found here:

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/315643/BattleTech-Touring-the-Stars-Jardine?src=fp_u5

WARNING: The TtS product does cover what happened to the planet after these adventures, but I wouldn't exactly call any of that a spoiler for the contents of the adventure itself.

Personal Request: If anyone does go about buying either/both of these products from DriveThru, please feel free to rate and comment on it/them. I *do* habitually look back on my pet projects, just to see if anyone's really enjoying them or has questions/critiques. (Yeah, I am THAT narcissistic and/or pathetic.)

Thaaaaaanks!

- Herb

Frabby

• Major
Is the third part finalized then?
I hope there will be a PoD omnibus/novel edition.
Sarna.net BattleTechWiki Admin
Author of the BattleCorps stories Feather vs. Mountain, Rise and Shine, Proprietary, Trial of Faith & scenario Twins

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
One can only hope!

- Herb

shadowdancer

• Master Sergeant
How much does the first book cover? I have bought all of the chapters that was put up in the battletech site when they came out.
Wishing the Worse on your Enemies
Contact the 13th Armored Calvary
Deliverers of "BAD LUCK"
Anytime
Anyplace
If the Price is Right

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
How much does the first book cover? I have bought all of the chapters that was put up in the battletech site when they came out.

Then you should have all of those. And you should have all of Part 2: Finding Jardine, when it comes out.

- Herb

mikecj

• Major
I can't wait to read Part 3!
"First, one brief announcement. I just want to mention, for those who have asked, that absolutely nothing what so ever happened today in sector 83x9x12. I repeat, nothing happened. Please remain calm." Susan Ivanova
"Solve a man's problems with violence, help him for a day. Teach a man to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime." - Belkar Bitterleaf

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
And I can't wait for you all to read it!

- Herb

beachhead1985

• Major
  • 1st SOG; SLDF. "McKenna's Marauders"
    • Kilroy's Wall
I gotta take a stab here, man.

So this is the official release; same as the old Battlecorps chapters?

Which was what you were re-doing here? Or what happened after the Battlecorps stuff that was released.

Echo the hope for a POD compilation.

And...good thing? I can wish you well in this? A Positive Outcome, Finally?
Epitaph on an Army of Mercenaries

These, in the day when heaven was falling,      Their shoulders held the sky suspended;
The hour when earth's foundations fled,         They stood, and earth's foundations stay;
Followed their mercenary calling,               What God abandoned, these defended,
And took their wages, and are dead.             And saved the sum of things for pay.

A.E. Housman

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
Yeah, everything was settled.

Now, I can't say anything about the formatting of the content, but yeah, Parts 1 & 2 should be the parts we posted here when we all thought Part 3 was only ever going to be fanfic and the contracting process seemed dubious. Which means that there will be two more releases yet.

Book 1 = The Hunt for Jardine - Our heroes get hired and check out Shasta for clues.
Book 2 = Finding Jardine - Our heroes find Jardine and land on the planet, with significant resistance, triggering a WoB response.
Book 3 = Escape from Jardine - The heroes will be trying to get off the planet and the biggest fighting scenes happen.

Book 3 is what I was starting to release here, in chapters. Some friends were supporting me in that by reposting the first two books, for the benefit of folks who never got them before BattleCorps closed down.

- Herb

mikecj

• Major
Purchased on Amazon today.  review to follow.

beachhead1985

• Major
  • 1st SOG; SLDF. "McKenna's Marauders"
    • Kilroy's Wall
Yeah, everything was settled.

Now, I can't say anything about the formatting of the content, but yeah, Parts 1 & 2 should be the parts we posted here when we all thought Part 3 was only ever going to be fanfic and the contracting process seemed dubious. Which means that there will be two more releases yet.

Book 1 = The Hunt for Jardine - Our heroes get hired and check out Shasta for clues.
Book 2 = Finding Jardine - Our heroes find Jardine and land on the planet, with significant resistance, triggering a WoB response.
Book 3 = Escape from Jardine - The heroes will be trying to get off the planet and the biggest fighting scenes happen.

Book 3 is what I was starting to release here, in chapters. Some friends were supporting me in that by reposting the first two books, for the benefit of folks who never got them before BattleCorps closed down.

- Herb

rock on
Epitaph on an Army of Mercenaries

These, in the day when heaven was falling,      Their shoulders held the sky suspended;
The hour when earth's foundations fled,         They stood, and earth's foundations stay;
Followed their mercenary calling,               What God abandoned, these defended,
And took their wages, and are dead.             And saved the sum of things for pay.

A.E. Housman

cklammer

• Warrant Officer
Got it on thalia.de

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
Herb, hopefully you don't need extra validation of my admiration for your work on DriveThru…  ^-^

Seriously, it was my pleasure to help, and I'm SO glad the difficulties finally got worked out!  :thumbsup:

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
Herb, hopefully you don't need extra validation of my admiration for your work on DriveThru…  ^-^

Seriously, it was my pleasure to help, and I'm SO glad the difficulties finally got worked out!  :thumbsup:

Oh, I *ALWAYS* need validation, Daryk. My ego has been on the mend since my LD days....

And thanks for all your help and support!

- Herb

Register