Author Topic: You know you play too much Battletech when...  (Read 16000 times)

Harry

• Corporal
Re: You know you play too much Battletech when...
« Reply #30 on: 25 December 2011, 07:01:46 »
You lost your last brawl. Before you could roll the initiative, he punched you in the face!

VF1LAM

• Major
  • Fifth Crucis Lancers
« Reply #31 on: 25 December 2011, 09:04:10 »
When you look online at HobbyLobby.com, and then at Michaels.com, to see if they still carry those perfect craft organizers to store miniatures in... and then you successfully find some, and you feel like you got an extra Christmas present from RAL PARTHA.
Federated Commonwealth -- One more MechAssault if you want to be free!

Grognard

• Lieutenant
  • BTU.org & LotB.com Member
« Reply #32 on: 25 December 2011, 23:27:22 »
When you look online at HobbyLobby.com, and then at Michaels.com, to see if they still carry those perfect craft organizers to store miniatures in... and then you successfully find some, and you feel like you got an extra Christmas present from RAL PARTHA.

You simply MUST post up a link to such things... or send me a PM.
Thanks.

GROGNARD:  An old, grumpy soldier, a long term campaigner (Fr); Someone who enjoys playing tactics and strategy based board wargames;  a game fan who will buy every game released in a certain genre of computer game (RTS, or computer role-playing game, etc.)

Desert Raider

• Sergeant
  • STILL the person your parents warned you about...
« Reply #33 on: 28 December 2011, 16:44:03 »
...you are no longer able to move the tote your game books are in without assistance.
...if not for honor,
then, in Vengeance name
we strike!!!...

Grim_Reaper

• Captain
« Reply #34 on: 28 December 2011, 20:32:18 »
...you are no longer able to move the tote your game books are in without assistance.
only a tote? try a full bookcase

trboturtle

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Erraturi te salutant!
« Reply #35 on: 28 December 2011, 21:25:21 »
only a tote? try a full bookcase

I think he's talking about his "Mobile" Library......

Craig
Author of 32 Battletech short stories including "The Lance Killer," "Hikagemono," "Negotiation," "The Clawing," "Salvage," "The Promise," "Reap What You Sow," "Family Ties," "The Blood of Man," "End of Message," "Heroes' Bridge," "Kurodenkou," "Thirteen," "My Father's Sword," "Evacuation," "Operation Red Lion," "A Matter of Honor," "State of Grace," "Operation Blue Tiger," "A Warrior's Fear," "Shadow Angels," "Murphy's Method," "End of the Road," (IAMTW 2019 Scribe Award nominee!), "Tales of the Cracked Canopy: Blind Arrogance," "Laws Are Silent," "No Tears," "Tales of the Cracked Canopy: Shadows of the Past," and "Three White Roses."
Novels -- Icons of War, Elements of Treason series, "Vengence Games." Upcoming: "In the Shadow of Dragons" and "Poisoned Honor" (WoR #1)

My Blogs!
Battletech:  http://thebattletechstate.blogspot.com/
Other writings: http://trboturtleswritings.blogspot.com/

The Mighty ACHOO

• Major
  • GET OFF MY LAWN!
« Reply #36 on: 29 December 2011, 10:32:54 »
Well, semi-mobile library.
If you are waiting for me to go out of my mind you will have to wait. The exits are not clearly marked and the doors open the wrong way. Oh, and the doors are trapped!

StCptMara

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Looking for new Adder skin boots
« Reply #37 on: 25 January 2012, 02:26:16 »
When you go to GenCon to play in Battletech tournements....and you have a complete collection of maps on
hand in your gaming....rolling luggage bag..
"Victory or Debt!"- The Battlecry of Mercenaries everywhere

"Greetings, Mechwarrior! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against---Oops, wrong universe" - Unknown SLDF Recruiter

Reality and Battletech go hand in hand like a drug induced hallucination and engineering a fusion reactor ;-)

StCptMara

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #38 on: 02 February 2012, 05:13:36 »
you use Herb's "battletech is a meal" analogy for explaining High Level Game Theory for a completely unrelated game..

"Greetings, Mechwarrior! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against---Oops, wrong universe" - Unknown SLDF Recruiter

Reality and Battletech go hand in hand like a drug induced hallucination and engineering a fusion reactor ;-)

Mastergunz

• CamoSpecs
  • Captain
  • BBBBBBRRRRRRRTTTTTTTTTTTT
« Reply #39 on: 02 February 2012, 15:12:16 »
Trick question; you can NEVER play too much battletech!  ;D

When a signifigant other says ' I swear, I think that game is more important to you than I am.' and you respond, 'well it has been a part of my life a lot longer.' (true story) >:D

-Gunz
" also, didn't you know mechs are able to run their massive energy weapons and all only because of their super secret fusion engine designs? the fusion engines actually turn rage and tears generated on the internet, wirelessly into usable power for the machines." -steelblueskies

"I find that alcohol bestows a variety of tactical options."

"Hotwire your imagination into your sense of self-preservation, and see what percolates." -Weirdo

Follow along with my miniature exploits on my Facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/MastergunzPaintWorx

Grim_Reaper

• Captain
« Reply #40 on: 02 February 2012, 20:22:15 »
Trick question; you can NEVER play too much ENOUGH battletech!  ;D

Fixed

VF1LAM

• Major
  • Fifth Crucis Lancers
« Reply #41 on: 08 February 2012, 12:58:32 »
You don't yet have the miniatures for a combined-arms company, and you begin planning to expand it to a combined-arms battalion instead.

Grognard

• Lieutenant
« Reply #42 on: 13 February 2012, 20:59:17 »
As you begin laying out the minis for your combined arms battalion, and find that you've enough minis for a reinforced combined arms Regiment.
*true story: the minis, they just accumulate*

GROGNARD:  An old, grumpy soldier, a long term campaigner (Fr); Someone who enjoys playing tactics and strategy based board wargames;  a game fan who will buy every game released in a certain genre of computer game (RTS, or computer role-playing game, etc.)

VF1LAM

• Major
  • Fifth Crucis Lancers
« Reply #43 on: 14 February 2012, 07:04:27 »
You consider selling your Unseen miniatures, and find out you have enough to finance a year of college. O0

StCptMara

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #44 on: 14 February 2012, 09:40:20 »
A friend sends you a link to an auction of a Dark horse VF-1 Fighter mini....and you seriously have to decide if eating or bidding on the
mini is more important...

Grognard

• Lieutenant
« Reply #45 on: 14 February 2012, 11:45:05 »
A friend sends you a link to an auction of a Dark horse VF-1 Fighter mini....and you seriously have to decide if eating or bidding on the
mini is more important...

I've got a friend (Steve Ronin) who has the Fighter, the Gerwalk, and the Battleoid minis all for sale.
I'll send you the link via PM.

ExtremeBloodAspUser

• Master Sergeant
  • "The tapeworm in my wrist tells me to burn things"
« Reply #46 on: 14 February 2012, 21:08:42 »
When shopping for new furniture for storing your mini's you ask "could it hold a human body in terms of weight?" And the sales person says "No we don't recomend that" and your wondering if there is a reasonable way to reinforce the damn thing to hold all your mini's.
"I crush little childrens dreams everyday...Ralph your not a kangaroo...Ralph your also not a trophy....."

wartang

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #47 on: 18 February 2012, 04:34:17 »
...your girlfriend/wife/significant other is willing to learn how to play just to spend time with you.

wartang

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #48 on: 18 February 2012, 04:36:12 »
When you design mechs in your head on car trips because you have all the weights, critical slots, and weapon stats memorized.

wartang

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #49 on: 18 February 2012, 04:39:55 »
When you re-tile the floor in your house with those little hex shaped tiles so that you can have a large enough map for all the the custom terrain you scratch-built.

VF1LAM

• Major
  • Fifth Crucis Lancers
« Reply #50 on: 18 February 2012, 16:25:35 »
You have to push a shopping cart at Kroger over a speed bump to get to the cart corral, and while doing so, you think to yourself:

"I just spent some movement points to clear Level 1 terrain." ;D

GreenDragon

• Major
  • I'll Have my Roast Beef Shaved not Sliced.
« Reply #51 on: 18 February 2012, 17:00:19 »
When you re-tile the floor in your house with those little hex shaped tiles so that you can have a large enough map for all the the custom terrain you scratch-built.
Takes notes.
Davion, we're just better than you. - 97Jedi
Its like Doomsday and the Apocalypse had a baby.  And its ugly. - Calhoun

Userbars by Notsonoble and xtrahmxwohld.
Live Long and Prosper

VF1LAM

• Major
  • Fifth Crucis Lancers
« Reply #52 on: 20 February 2012, 18:46:31 »
When you haven't finished coloring elevations or labeling terrain on two of your custom maps, and you start having ideas for three more custom maps... 8)

Atlessa

« Reply #53 on: 26 February 2012, 21:41:54 »
When your mother/sister/boyfriend asks you to do something, you just respond with (quote) "Aff".
-> Causing them to look at you funny.

Gladly my boyfriend at least read SOME battletech books, so it was easy to explain... my other however....

VF1LAM

• Major
  • Fifth Crucis Lancers
« Reply #54 on: 29 February 2012, 07:38:27 »
When you listen to a Warrior Soul CD on iTunes, and you remember the time you first started painting Ral Partha miniatures for BattleTech... O0

Mastergunz

• CamoSpecs
  • Captain
  • BBBBBBRRRRRRRTTTTTTTTTTTT
« Reply #55 on: 29 February 2012, 23:01:40 »
When exiting an elevator as the doors open you strike an 'Atlas' pose and lumber out like it was a mech bay....and pray to god there is no one waiting... >:D

-Gunz
" also, didn't you know mechs are able to run their massive energy weapons and all only because of their super secret fusion engine designs? the fusion engines actually turn rage and tears generated on the internet, wirelessly into usable power for the machines." -steelblueskies

"I find that alcohol bestows a variety of tactical options."

"Hotwire your imagination into your sense of self-preservation, and see what percolates." -Weirdo

Follow along with my miniature exploits on my Facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/MastergunzPaintWorx

GreenDragon

• Major
  • I'll Have my Roast Beef Shaved not Sliced.
« Reply #56 on: 29 February 2012, 23:44:42 »
I've done a Warhammer myself.  Its Marauders, Mad Cats, and bird-legged designs where i draw the line.
Davion, we're just better than you. - 97Jedi
Its like Doomsday and the Apocalypse had a baby.  And its ugly. - Calhoun

Userbars by Notsonoble and xtrahmxwohld.
Live Long and Prosper

wartang

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #57 on: 01 March 2012, 07:05:36 »
Bird legs are easy, walk backwards. Oh gees I done that too... ;D

VF1LAM

• Major
  • Fifth Crucis Lancers
« Reply #58 on: 01 March 2012, 10:52:33 »
When you are getting ready to show someone a few miniatures you've painted, and you decide to bring a few mapsheets too, just to show them how the game is played... 8)

wartang

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #59 on: 01 March 2012, 19:00:11 »
When your 5-year-old gets into your paints and miniatures and repaints a few of them in some random color that you never would have used... and instead of getting really mad you think "hey that's a halfway decent paint job, considering...maybe I ought to paint up an entire squad like that and trial play them"

Register