Author Topic: Looking for legs in all the wrong weight classes ...  (Read 1806 times)

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
Looking for legs in all the wrong weight classes ...
« on: 28 August 2011, 23:23:16 »
Okay, first of all apologies, but my main interest is in hacking up MW:DA minis and making new ones out of them ... minis not previously provided in the game.

Case in point: I've just 'accurised' the DA Hatchetman to look more like the BattleTech one, but still in N scale. The main mods were: shorten the head and trim the fins, reposition the axe wrist to turn to the side and reshape the axe head, and touch up the knees. 

Now the DA Hatchetman head looks just like the Axeman's head, so my next idea was to customise an N-scale Axeman out of a Hatchetman. The head's more or less perfect, the torso needs to be bulked up a bit, okay, and the arms taken from another design. But here's the rub - the Hatchetman is pretty oversized scale-wise. If I used the stock legs & hips, the Axeman would be the same height as the Hatchetman. On the other hand, it would be more properly scaled to the other DA minis than the Hatchetman does.

So I went looking through my pile for better legs ... and came to the conclusion that there aren't really many bigger/longer legs than the Hatchetman's. There are some skinnier, and lots shorter, but nothing that really stood out. At the moment I'm considering Centurion feet and lower legs, and finding some bigger thighs somewhere. But does anyone have any good recommendation for legs for this 'bash, thanks?

W.
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Sigma

• Captain
  • N-scale Fanatic
Re: Looking for legs in all the wrong weight classes ...
« Reply #1 on: 29 August 2011, 10:45:20 »
Check out the legs on the Original Atlas. That's about the only thing I can think of to get you the height. May have to make the feet from scratch if you use that though, or chop up a centurion foot to add to the existing foot to get the right profile.