Author Topic: Question of money  (Read 1936 times)

Sailor-French

Question of money
« on: 24 March 2011, 09:39:48 »
Hello! i'm a new user of this forum. I'm French and  my english can be better.
In my club, we run 2 campagne of Mechwarrior. I use 2nd edition and a friend use A time of war.
However i have a question : how many earn a lieutnant, a sergeant in one of regular army?
thx for your help.

Reaver

• Warrant Officer
  • 10 XP from 2nd level commoner
Re: Question of money
« Reply #1 on: 25 March 2011, 23:51:24 »
There are two kinds of ranks:  officer ranks and enlisted ranks.  In order to achieve any rank, you have to invest the correct number of points in the trait "rank".  The more points in rank you purchase, the higher your rank.  In addition, if it is an officer rank, you have to also purchase the trait "commission" to reflect that you are now a commissioned officer and have attended Officer Candidate School.

Lieutenant is usually the lowest or second-lowest ranking officer, so usually it is sufficient to purchase commission and 1 or 2 points of rank to become an officer.  Sergeant is a non-commissioned rank, so you do not need to purchase commission.  You will have to purchase, on average, about 6 points in rank to achieve the rank of sergeant.  Further, each military has a slightly different ranking structure, so how many points it requires depends on the army you're going into:  1 point of rank + commission makes you the equivalent of a lieutenant in the Draconis Combine Mustered Soldiery (they call them Chu-i's), but in the Armed Forces of the Federated Suns, it requires 2 points of rank + commission to make the rank of leftenant.
The Federated Suns.  Exporting freedom, whether we have it or not, whether you want it or not.
--Pyro

Granite

• Recruit
Re: Question of money
« Reply #2 on: 01 April 2011, 03:30:56 »
Depends on the field of service. Base salary is in A Time of War on p.335

Register