Author Topic: Bloodhouses  (Read 4095 times)

gopher

• Warrant Officer
Bloodhouses
« on: 04 April 2011, 15:41:01 »
I have had the ToW book for awhile.However i haven't used it with my current group of players, because their characters from MW3 are still alive. I've been looking at switching to the new rules presented in ToW but just curious about something. In ToW there is no Soc attribute, and with the clans in MW3 this showed the prestige of the warriors blood house.  I was wondering how y'all would attempt to get that same feeling of, You are from a great blood house and need to prove your worth across.

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
Re: Bloodhouses
« Reply #1 on: 04 April 2011, 16:52:48 »
The AToW Bloodname trait is graded according to the value of the Bloodname; it goes from 3 points for a minor, non-specific reaved Bloodname up to 13 for Kerensky. In essence, it is the same as the Inner Sphere "Title" trait
« Last Edit: 04 April 2011, 16:58:47 by Deadborder »
Author of BattleCorps stories Grand Theft Agro and Zero Signal

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?

gopher

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #2 on: 04 April 2011, 18:10:35 »
ya i understood that, but it seems like you have to start of with that trait and almost suck at anything else if you want a good one. But the warriors from better blood houses and with Titles had more opportunities to excel and be better so they should have at least equable attributes and skills

imperator

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #3 on: 04 April 2011, 18:35:01 »
It's not an I win ticket. Remember for every success their is a thousand failures. But if your a member of that house. You would get the best training, the best missions, the best assault clan mech with pulse lasers and TCs.,,,,,, ;)
Their is no problem Jump Jets and an assault class auto-cannon can't handle.

Showers

• Corporal
« Reply #4 on: 04 April 2011, 18:44:33 »
1) Make your character older for more xp.
2) Make getting your bloodname a part of the campaign.
3)See if your GM will give you a break.

gopher

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #5 on: 04 April 2011, 23:24:31 »
mwahahaha i am the Gm just wondering what others would do. cause i want them to strive to EARN blood names but also already have a defined blood house at the beginning. So that its not just oh well i want to have an epic blood house and just save up for it a long time. But like they will just arrive to the point that they've been trying to achieve.

BirdofPrey

• Major
« Reply #6 on: 05 April 2011, 14:32:49 »
So slash a couple hundred from the trait cost to represent the better opportunity but the fact that they haven't earned the bloodname yet.
Then maybe you can have the fill out the rest of the TP with XP from gameplay (or bonuses from the GM for noteworthy actions); treat it as their honor as it were (then if they do something dishonorable you can pull points from the bloodname pool).  Once they have filled the trait a trial is in order.

gopher

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #7 on: 06 April 2011, 02:22:19 »
I like that idea. It reminds me of the use of Glory

Rationalinsanity

• Recruit
« Reply #8 on: 06 April 2011, 09:52:25 »
My approach has always been to avoid assigning TPs to Bloodnames; mainly because its hard to figure out the status of the more obscure ones. Instead I forbid starting off with one, make the player work to get into the Trial and then have them fight it out. Difficulty increases at all stages for prominent/general/exclusive Bloodnames. Its also great for role playing. I also mitigate the influence granted by big-time Bloodnames by enforcing more roleplaying issues; if you have a highly placed Bloodname every failure or dishonorable act is going to hurt more and attract negative attention from your own Bloodhouse.

Register