Author Topic: DoppelKat Theory: Am I Wrong?  (Read 5231 times)

Kidd

• Major
Re: DoppelKat Theory: Am I Wrong?
« Reply #30 on: 19 November 2018, 05:31:09 »
Never mind Clan DNA tech, a doppelganger would never pass a verigraph - a simple biometric reading chip that checks the DNA of the user, used to secure everything from Comstargrams to documents to personal identification.

ANS Kamas P81

• Colonel
« Reply #31 on: 20 November 2018, 13:58:54 »
I can only think of three times doubles were used in canon, though I'm no great Knower Of Odd Knowledge.  False Hanse, discovered and used as an excuse to start the 4th SW.  Melissa's stand-in during her trip with Hanse; that failed IIRC because Heimdall realized what they had and snuck her away - and so did the Kuritans, ask Patrick Kell how that turned out.  And last, the Marik kid, and that was discovered quickly enough and led to Guerrero.

You could say Galen Cox was a successful inverse double, of sorts...kinda somehow.   
Der Hölle Rache kocht in meinem Herzen,
Tod und Verzweiflung flammet um mich her!
Fühlt nicht durch dich Jadefalke Todesschmerzen,
So bist du meine Tochter nimmermehr!

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #32 on: 20 November 2018, 14:01:18 »
It was the beard.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Thatguybil

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #33 on: 20 November 2018, 15:42:45 »
I always thought it was funny that Victor was mostly raised on Lyran culture and that kat was mostly raised on Davion culture any yet Victor was seen as his fathers son and Kat was seen as her mothers daughter.

Why did Katherine go down the road of having her mother killed. If she would have just waited she would have been named regent soon rather then latter.

Tai Dai Cultist

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #34 on: 20 November 2018, 16:25:49 »
When people do things based on what they want,  rational logic doesn't have to figure in. 

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #35 on: 20 November 2018, 16:33:59 »
Kathrine didn't want to be regent, she wanted to be queen.  She had to be the one with absolute authority and make it clear so that everyone else would acknowledge her superiority to them.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • The Temple Grounds - My Roleplaying and History website
« Reply #36 on: 20 November 2018, 16:35:21 »
Kathrine intentionally wrapped herself in the lyran elements though, as a way to cultivate connections to the Lyran half of the realm when the lyran portion started seeing unrest after the clan invasion. she saw a path to power and took it, intentionally playing up her lyran heritage over her davion. (to the point of adopting her grandmother's name)

Victor on the otherhand got viewed as a "davion" largely because Kathrine adopted a lyran persona.. since Victor was in charge, and the Lyrans were getting more fed up with the davion half (which hadn't been hurt directly by the clan invasion), anyone supporting the Status Quo would inevitably end up viewed as "anti-lyran." since Victor wasn't going to elevate the lyran half above the whole of the decom, yet he wasn't pro-kurita, marik, or Liao, "davion" became the label of choice. something kathrine encouraged after the split.

her manuevering bit her in the ass though after she finally got the throne of the fedsuns half as well.. the way she'd built herself up as a "lyran princess" and tried to use that power base to control both sides of the fedcom alienated the fedsuns populace, and her fixation with being in control of the fedsuns side also started alienating her lyran supporters.

honestly the way she went about getting control, the fedcom civil war was inevitable.
« Last Edit: 20 November 2018, 16:37:59 by glitterboy2098 »

Jonathan Cyr

• Recruit
    • Baron Munchhausen's Home for Retired Adventurers
« Reply #37 on: 30 November 2018, 08:49:20 »
Somewhere in the Periphery, Port Krin Entertainment is airing an "Unsolved Mysteries" special theorizing the same thing!  ;)  ;D

Actually makes for a good 'alternative universe' thread but I would second the comments made about her internal dialog as it appears in novels. It wouldn't seem to fit.
"When I was 16, I drove a J-27 ordinance vehicle behind enemy lines, looking for units in need. We found units alright! Luckily they were just as low on ammo as our side." - SFC Oleg Berkovsky

"Don't let her size fool you. She can kick the balls off a bull in zero-G." - Capt. Rachel Emmons referring to Trini Bez.

Register