Author Topic: manga time so what are you reading now? (Links may be NSFW)  (Read 131530 times)

elf25s

• Major
Re: manga time so what are you reading now?
« Reply #30 on: 14 May 2015, 23:49:33 »
Found Area 88 online so I'm now reading that. I always find the older stuff more interesting than most.
of so try GREY
you sure cannot out run death...but sure as hell you can make that bastard work for it!

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #31 on: 15 May 2015, 06:36:06 »
the gamer ( main manga titles) outside that i too busy rereading my books as i pedal on the exercise bike.
You may have time to read, apparently The Gamer is going on hiatus until June.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #32 on: 05 June 2015, 21:47:07 »
Chapter 65 of Aoki Hagane No Arpeggio aka Arpeggio of Blue Steel (Manga) came out.  Enter the American Fog fleet !
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #33 on: 06 June 2015, 00:37:14 »
inu yashiki
off beat premise of an old guy made into a cyborg
you sure cannot out run death...but sure as hell you can make that bastard work for it!

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #34 on: 06 June 2015, 07:18:27 »
Looks like the manga version of  "Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?" made it on the New York Times best selling Manga list.  It went from 6 to number 3 in it's second week sale of first volume!  I've been watching the show, has anyone touched the manga yet?

Matti

• Major
  • In Rory we trust
« Reply #35 on: 06 June 2015, 09:31:24 »
I've been watching the show, has anyone touched the manga yet?
I found fan translations of the manga before I knew anything about the anime. In first couple chapters main characters DO NOT brush their teeth...
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights errant, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

Drop Bear

• Lieutenant
« Reply #36 on: 07 June 2015, 20:46:21 »
just got caught up on the on-line translation of Gate, and re-read a Cowboy Be-Bop limited series

Top Sergeant

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major
  • Swamp Angels Mercenary Regiment
« Reply #37 on: 08 June 2015, 11:31:42 »
just got caught up on the on-line translation of Gate, and re-read a Cowboy Be-Bop limited series

If I read it right the next chapter of Gate (#47) won't be out until the end of June.  :(
We hear that there are tumults and riots in Rome, and that voices are raised concerning the army and the quality of our soldiers. Make haste to reassure us that you love and support us as we love and support you, for if we find that we have left our bones to bleach in these sands in vain, then beware the fury of the legions.

Matti

• Major
  • In Rory we trust
« Reply #38 on: 09 June 2015, 10:30:51 »
If I read it right the next chapter of Gate (#47) won't be out until the end of June.  :(
And then begins anime. I wait it with dread. Now I get back to sharpen my pitchfork...
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights errant, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

Top Sergeant

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major
« Reply #39 on: 09 June 2015, 17:39:42 »
And then begins anime. I wait it with dread. Now I get back to sharpen my pitchfork...

I am the opposite: I am looking forward to it.  :)
We hear that there are tumults and riots in Rome, and that voices are raised concerning the army and the quality of our soldiers. Make haste to reassure us that you love and support us as we love and support you, for if we find that we have left our bones to bleach in these sands in vain, then beware the fury of the legions.

croaker

• Lieutenant
« Reply #40 on: 10 June 2015, 16:49:25 »
Following in Manga:

Arpeggio of Blue Steel (it rocks)
Sword Art Online: Progressive
Coppellion
Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha ViviD
A Certain Scientific Railgun
A Certain Scientific Accelerator

Following in Light Novels:

Log Horizon
Gakuen Toshi Asterisk
A Certain Magical Index

I'd like to try Full Metal Panic LNs but they're kind of hard to get hold of.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #41 on: 23 June 2015, 15:35:28 »
Looks like the South Koren manga i been reading is schedule for August release as anime.

It's name is School Shock, but the anime is billed as Chu Feng: BEE.

MadCapellan

• Furibunda Scriptorem
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Just a little piglet serving the Capellan State!
    • Check out the anime I've seen & reviewed!
« Reply #42 on: 23 June 2015, 16:28:17 »
Looks like the South Koren manga i been reading is schedule for August release as anime.

It's name is School Shock, but the anime is billed as Chu Feng: BEE.

Chinese (Manhua), actually.  I'm pretty sure it's being animated by a Chinese company as well, but it's getting a Japanese dub starring Kana Hanazawa. From the previews I've seen, the art looks good but the animation is rather sparse. Still, the story is intriguing. I'd be more than willing to give it a shot.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #43 on: 24 June 2015, 06:21:33 »
Chinese (Manhua), actually.  I'm pretty sure it's being animated by a Chinese company as well, but it's getting a Japanese dub starring Kana Hanazawa. From the previews I've seen, the art looks good but the animation is rather sparse. Still, the story is intriguing. I'd be more than willing to give it a shot.
I'm so dumb, i forgot it was Chinese.  The manga stop updating, so it's been awhile since I've read it.  Hopefully there not having problems, the advertising poster for it says July 23rd, but the LiveChart says it's in August 13th now.

Matti

• Major
  • In Rory we trust

HobbesHurlbut

• Captain
  • Live Free or Die Hard
« Reply #45 on: 06 July 2015, 14:11:30 »
Chapter 65 of Aoki Hagane No Arpeggio aka Arpeggio of Blue Steel (Manga) came out.  <snip>
The new "commander" unit is  {>{> adorable
Clan Blood Spirit - So Bad Ass as to require Orbital Bombardments to wipe us out....it is the only way to be sure!

Matti

• Major
  • In Rory we trust
« Reply #46 on: 23 July 2015, 10:49:02 »
I'm reading fan translated Otaku's Daughter. 9 years old girl meets 26 years old otaku and tells him he is her father. Hilarity ensues. Drama too. Good stuff. I can't find english translations in print.

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #47 on: 25 July 2015, 01:43:27 »
quick q are these still on going or finished?

mysterious girlfriend x and
Watashi Ga Motenai No Ha Dou Kangaetemo Omaera Ga Warui! /It’s Not My Fault That I’m Not Popular!

HobbesHurlbut

• Captain
  • Live Free or Die Hard
« Reply #48 on: 25 July 2015, 11:08:04 »
quick q are these still on going or finished?

mysterious girlfriend x and
Watashi Ga Motenai No Ha Dou Kangaetemo Omaera Ga Warui! /It’s Not My Fault That I’m Not Popular!
I wondered why the american version had the title changed to "It's your guys' fault that I'm not popular!" ?
Clan Blood Spirit - So Bad Ass as to require Orbital Bombardments to wipe us out....it is the only way to be sure!

Top Sergeant

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major

HobbesHurlbut

• Captain
  • Live Free or Die Hard
« Reply #50 on: 25 July 2015, 19:12:25 »
Huh. Will they change anything for the american version?

Matti

• Major
  • In Rory we trust
« Reply #51 on: 26 July 2015, 09:43:25 »
Gate to be officially published in North America.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-07-25/sekai-project-enters-manga-publishing-market-with-gate/.90887
Bloody time! I'll place an order as soon as it appears on Amazon.com!

Huh. Will they change anything for the american version?
Why do you ask? Was something changed in Berserk?

Lord greystroke

• Sergeant
« Reply #52 on: 27 July 2015, 15:13:12 »
well I did it finally finished initial D only took 2 months 700+ chapters took much longer then it should have

Matti

• Major
  • In Rory we trust
« Reply #53 on: 29 July 2015, 10:21:29 »

Top Sergeant

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major
« Reply #54 on: 29 July 2015, 22:32:58 »
Picked up Volume 6 of Sacred Blacksmith manga today at Barnes & Noble.  :)

Matti

• Major
  • In Rory we trust
« Reply #55 on: 30 July 2015, 10:45:43 »
Picked up Volume 6 of Sacred Blacksmith manga today at Barnes & Noble.  :)
Is it any better than anime?

HobbesHurlbut

• Captain
  • Live Free or Die Hard
« Reply #56 on: 31 July 2015, 19:12:01 »
Latest GATE chapter is active. Shocking development!

Matti

• Major
  • In Rory we trust
« Reply #57 on: 31 July 2015, 23:29:19 »
Latest GATE chapter is active. Shocking development!
Right. Chapter ends in cliffhanger and next chapter is announced to come out after 2 months :(

Drop Bear

• Lieutenant
« Reply #58 on: 01 August 2015, 00:30:50 »
just started the Ben-to prequel "Road to Witch", not many translated chapters up so far so I expect to Finnish it in the next few minutes.

Matti

• Major
  • In Rory we trust
« Reply #59 on: 01 August 2015, 09:15:51 »