Author Topic: Errata Discussion Thread - Questions HERE, not in Errata Threads  (Read 308799 times)

Moonsword

• Acutus Gladius
  • Global Moderator
  • Colonel
  • You interrupted me reading TROs for this?
Re: Errata Discussion Thread - Questions HERE, not in Errata Threads
« Reply #390 on: 15 September 2013, 06:33:41 »
Ladies and gentlemen, the Errata Coordinator has already posted a notice in the Field Manual 3145 thread once about not following the errata rules.  That means no responses to other people's posts and no extraneous commentary.  We appreciate your enthusiasm and desire to help improve BattleTech products but we need you to follow the rules so things stay organized and the errata coordinator's job is easier when it comes time to compile the reports.

SCC

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #391 on: 16 September 2013, 23:06:35 »
I'm unaware if this is a deliberate change or simply an error but on page 219 of Tech Manual (PDF, First Printing) the Gauss Rifle images seem to have been mixed up, the Heavy Gauss Rifle has what is traditionally the normal Gauss Rifle art while the Light and normal Gauss Rifles have the same art

Additionally the Anti-Missile System art on page 202 seems to have been edited to remove the classic MO artist's signature

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
« Reply #392 on: 19 September 2013, 02:37:51 »
Hello.  Below is a link to a document that will update the BattleForce and Quick Strike rulesets, as found in the second printing of Strategic Operations, to the new Alpha Strike ruleset:

https://db.tt/Vx32YJyw

If you have any questions about this, please ask in this thread.  Thank you.
3028-3057 Random Assignment Tables -
Also contains faction deployment & rarity info.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=1219.0

Moonsword

• Acutus Gladius
  • Global Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #393 on: 19 September 2013, 10:43:00 »
I'm unaware if this is a deliberate change or simply an error but on page 219 of Tech Manual (PDF, First Printing) the Gauss Rifle images seem to have been mixed up, the Heavy Gauss Rifle has what is traditionally the normal Gauss Rifle art while the Light and normal Gauss Rifles have the same art

Additionally the Anti-Missile System art on page 202 seems to have been edited to remove the classic MO artist's signature

Take all of that to Ask the Writers so the internal inquiry can sort it out, please, as the Errata Rules direct you to do.

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
« Reply #394 on: 23 September 2013, 21:01:28 »
New update to Total Warfare has been released.  This is errata intended for the upcoming fourth printing of that book, scheduled for some time this year.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #395 on: 23 September 2013, 21:38:47 »
No, the Medium Shield it carries drops its walking speed by one.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Kobura

• Corporal
  • Aliis volat propriis.
« Reply #396 on: 24 September 2013, 11:39:45 »
I am excited! Where can I get the e-version of the errata?
Angel of the Light
Serpent of the Night

Proud of Clan
Proud of Honor
Proud of Battle

Kobura Shinja Cape

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #397 on: 24 September 2013, 11:44:29 »
I am excited! Where can I get the e-version of the errata?

The current errata version is 4.0, and can be found here:
https://db.tt/LbQ498HO
« Last Edit: 16 October 2013, 07:42:15 by Sartris »

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

BirdofPrey

• Major
« Reply #398 on: 24 September 2013, 16:08:59 »
Got a problem with your C3 eratta regarding LOS

First of all, unit B is at elevation 10, so a level 2 hill wouldn't actually block LOS.  Second, the wording says that C and D would not be able to target unit A if B's line of sight is blocked, which is not the case. Units C and D could still target A but would not be able to use B's range to target; in this case they would use C's range as it is the closest unit to A with line of sight.

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
« Reply #399 on: 24 September 2013, 20:26:34 »
Thanks.  I'll see if I can correct the text before the reprint.

Paul

• dies a lot at the Solaris Melee Challenge!
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
« Reply #400 on: 25 September 2013, 10:20:01 »
First of all, unit B is at elevation 10, so a level 2 hill wouldn't actually block LOS.

It does, because that hill is adjacent to unit A, and equal to or higher than it.
p.100:
"The terrain or feature is adjacent to the target and equal to or higher than the target’s level."

Second, the wording says that C and D would not be able to target unit A if B's line of sight is blocked, which is not the case. Units C and D could still target A but would not be able to use B's range to target; in this case they would use C's range as it is the closest unit to A with line of sight.

Agreed, the sentence should be rephrased to:

the units in Hexes C and D would not be able to benefit from the unit in Hex B, and instead would resolve weapons fire as if the ’Mech in Hex A was at range 4 (using the 'Mech in Hex C to determine range)
It seems the water clause is an artifact of the change to requiring LOS.

Paul
The solution is just ignore Paul.

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
« Reply #401 on: 25 September 2013, 11:37:34 »
I've made corrections and sent them in.  They may or may not make the reprint.

casperionx

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #402 on: 29 September 2013, 00:18:15 »
Clairification - is that ALL C3 types or just the C3/C3 master (ie not C3 improved)

Moonsword

• Acutus Gladius
  • Global Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #403 on: 30 September 2013, 11:04:16 »
Ladies and gentlemen, please follow the Errata Template and other errata rules when reporting issues.

Welcome to the errata forum.

WHAT IS ERRATA?
In general, if there's a problem AND you know the answer, make an errata report.

- if there's a rules problem but you don't know the answer, ask in the appropriate Rules Questions subforum.  If a non-rules question, it likely belongs in Ask The Writers.  Once you have your answer, then make an errata report.
 - if there's a problem that doesn't belong in the above two forums (typos, record sheet errors, etc.) just go ahead and post it as errata.

In addition to the normal forum rules, there are a couple of additional rules that all errata reports should follow.  Posts that fail to follow these rules will be edited or deleted.

1) NO DISCUSSION IN ERRATA THREADS
If you're not making a report, don't post in an errata thread (only writers, developers, and MUL Team members may ignore this rule).  This will speed up errata compiling and help ensure your report is not lost in general chatter.

If you want to discuss a piece of errata, or any other part of the errata process, please use the stickied Errata Discussion Thread.

2) FOLLOW THE ERRATA TEMPLATE
All errata reports should be laid out in the same manner, following the template described in the next post.  If posts follow a consistent template I can work much faster, and am far less likely to miss your report.

Yu Kigono

• Private
« Reply #404 on: 05 October 2013, 01:49:28 »
I think there is a problem with the Centurion CN-11OD

The engine would be a 200 XL, so 8 of the HS would be internal to the engine leaving 2 double HS to place.

but the Record sheet doesn't show the 2 that would be placed.

The reduced MP is from the Medium Shield, which imposes a -1 to Walk MP, not a smaller engine.

Moonsword

• Acutus Gladius
  • Global Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #405 on: 06 October 2013, 08:39:35 »
Ladies and gentlemen, please follow the Errata Template and other errata rules when reporting issues.

Welcome to the errata forum.

WHAT IS ERRATA?
In general, if there's a problem AND you know the answer, make an errata report.

- if there's a rules problem but you don't know the answer, ask in the appropriate Rules Questions subforum.  If a non-rules question, it likely belongs in Ask The Writers.  Once you have your answer, then make an errata report.
 - if there's a problem that doesn't belong in the above two forums (typos, record sheet errors, etc.) just go ahead and post it as errata.

In addition to the normal forum rules, there are a couple of additional rules that all errata reports should follow.  Posts that fail to follow these rules will be edited or deleted.

1) NO DISCUSSION IN ERRATA THREADS
If you're not making a report, don't post in an errata thread (only writers, developers, and MUL Team members may ignore this rule).  This will speed up errata compiling and help ensure your report is not lost in general chatter.

If you want to discuss a piece of errata, or any other part of the errata process, please use the stickied Errata Discussion Thread.

2) FOLLOW THE ERRATA TEMPLATE
All errata reports should be laid out in the same manner, following the template described in the next post.  If posts follow a consistent template I can work much faster, and am far less likely to miss your report.

Dragon41673

• Captain
    • Aries Games & Miniatures
« Reply #406 on: 15 October 2013, 07:54:54 »
IS base [see: "Mixed Tech (I.S.)"], so no CASE.

Ah...yeah, sorry about that.
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures

Moonsword

• Acutus Gladius
  • Global Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #407 on: 15 October 2013, 10:45:54 »
Ladies and gentlemen, if you're not cleared to post replies in errata threads, don't post replies in the errata threads.  If you need to comment on someone else's report or reply to one of the CGL volunteers or staff replying to you, do it in here.  Only the MUL Team, developers, or writers should be posting replies.

Kobura

• Corporal
  • Aliis volat propriis.
Angel of the Light
Serpent of the Night

Proud of Clan
Proud of Honor
Proud of Battle

Kobura Shinja Cape

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #409 on: 16 October 2013, 07:43:09 »
404ing

They did a small update to the document so the url changed from the original... the correct link is in the TW errata thread.

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

wantec

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
« Reply #410 on: 21 October 2013, 09:48:23 »
Trebaruna TR-XH - is coming out four tons underweight.
Not replying in the thread per rules.

Not sure what the problem is, I get it perfect weight. I had it 4.5 tons overweight until I realized it had a composite structure.

But I'm not sure how he's getting it underweight by 4 tons. The only way I could get it that much underweight is to not add the ERPPC to the turret, use a standard Heavy Gauss instead of an Improved one, and forget the ton of gauss ammo in the head.
BEN ROME YOU MAGNIFICENT BASTARD, I READ YOUR BOOK!

Taneru

• Private
« Reply #411 on: 21 October 2013, 10:35:30 »
Maybe missing the fourth iJJ? For a 95 ton mech, that would be exactly 4 tons, wouldn't it?

Jal Phoenix

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Once, we had gods.
« Reply #412 on: 01 November 2013, 23:03:21 »
Not sure if errata, but the logo used throughout the book is the redone Xin Sheng logo, not the original logo that would have been in use in 2765.  This is kind of like using the Lyran Alliance logo for the Steiner report.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #413 on: 02 November 2013, 09:57:43 »
As with Jal Phoenix, i have something that maybe and maybe not be a errant.

I've found that the actual name for the product is spelled/arranged differently throughout the the PDF.  Including this errant as well.

Field Report 2765: Capellan Confederation - Where - Throughout the PDF on the banner top of pages with text.
Field Report: Capellan Confederation 2765 - Where - page "a" aka Cover only
2765 Field Report: Capellan Confederation -  Where - page "b" aka write up text bottom of the page.

Please note that BattleCorp and New Products for sale on the forums does list the PDF as BattleTech Field Report 2765 CCAF.

Its rather confusing what the original name is with everything mixed up everywhere including the product.

« Last Edit: 02 November 2013, 11:57:38 by Wrangler »
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Moonsword

• Acutus Gladius
  • Global Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #414 on: 03 November 2013, 10:00:11 »
Gentlemen, can I please direct your attention to the Errata rules?

Specifically, this part, and this is not the first instance of it I've observed in the last week or so:

WHAT IS ERRATA?

mordel

• Artificiosus Caupo
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Master Sergeant
    • Mordel.Net
« Reply #415 on: 14 November 2013, 11:45:09 »
Under Claws it says it takes up 1 crit and 1 ton per 15 tons rounded up to the nearest 1/2 ton. Naturally you can't have 1/2 a crit. Looking at SSW it rounds both up to the nearest full ton. Is this listed as an errata anywhere yet (if it even is)?

Moonsword

• Acutus Gladius
  • Global Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #416 on: 14 November 2013, 11:53:01 »
Please read the Errata rules.  The errata threads are not the correct place to ask questions.  If you're curious if something's been reported or we're aware of the specific issue and you don't think it's better handled as a rules question, put it in this thread.

Trust me, we're watching this one too.

WHAT IS ERRATA?

mbear

• Stood Far Back When The Gravitas Was Handed Out
  • Major
    • Tower of Jade
« Reply #417 on: 03 December 2013, 19:06:32 »
Requesting a thread for Field Report 2765 DCMS. (Pretty please!)
Be the Loremaster:

Battletech transport rules take a very feline approach to moving troops in a combat zone: If they fits, they ships.

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your BT experience. Now what? (Thanks Sartis!)

Moonsword

• Acutus Gladius
  • Global Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #418 on: 03 December 2013, 19:12:21 »
Sure thing, gimme just a minute.

EDIT: Done!

mbear

• Stood Far Back When The Gravitas Was Handed Out
  • Major
    • Tower of Jade
« Reply #419 on: 03 December 2013, 19:18:41 »
Sure thing, gimme just a minute.

EDIT: Done!
Thank you!
Be the Loremaster:

Battletech transport rules take a very feline approach to moving troops in a combat zone: If they fits, they ships.

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your BT experience. Now what? (Thanks Sartis!)

Register