Author Topic: (Answered) SRM ability on Intro Tech Heavy Mechs  (Read 1955 times)

Hellraiser

• Colonel
  • Cry Havoc and Unleash the Gods of Fiat.
(Answered) SRM ability on Intro Tech Heavy Mechs
« on: 06 January 2020, 13:04:35 »
Hello, 

I'm not sure if this is the right place or not, but I just came across something, & I wanted to ask about it.

I was searching for SRMs on Heavy Mechs in 3025 & using the AS ability on the MUL.

I only got 5 units listed.  Which seemed really odd given the volume of SRMs across all the Intro Heavies.

Is there a reason why the following units off the top of my head don't have the SRM ability?

Champion-2N
Quickdraw
Crusader-3R, 3D, 3L   (The 3K is listed strangely)
WarHammer-6R, 6K, 6L
Orion-1K

« Last Edit: 06 January 2020, 14:10:17 by nckestrel »
3041: General Lance Hawkins: The Equalizers
3053: Star Colonel Rexor Kerensky: The Silver Wolves

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
Re: SRM ability on Intro Tech Heavy Mechs
« Reply #1 on: 06 January 2020, 14:10:04 »
You need to be able to do at least 1 SRM damage in AS (10 damage in BT) to get the special ability.  A single SRM-6 is only .8 (average of 4 missiles from cluster hit for 2 damage each is 8 BT damage or .8 AS).  Thus, Warhammers, Orion and Quickdraw don't qualify.
Two SRM-4s would be .6 each for 1.2.  however, that has to be adjusted for heat, and that's where most of the Crusaders have a problem.  They have more than a 20% heat inefficiency, so they usually drop below 1 and therefore don't qualify.  The 3K reduces the lrm racks (lowering overall heat) and adds heat sinks, and thus its SRMs are not as affected by heat and can qualify for SRM.
Units with artemis don't qualify for SRM, because the primary purpose of the SRM special ability is to use alternate ammunition.  If you're using artemis ammunition, you can use alternate non-artemis ammunition.
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

Hellraiser

• Colonel
  • Cry Havoc and Unleash the Gods of Fiat.
Re: (Answered) SRM ability on Intro Tech Heavy Mechs
« Reply #2 on: 07 January 2020, 00:56:55 »
Thanks! 

That explains it.

3041: General Lance Hawkins: The Equalizers
3053: Star Colonel Rexor Kerensky: The Silver Wolves

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo

Register