Author Topic: Regular production has resumed at Iron Wind Metals  (Read 22419 times)

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
Regular production has resumed at Iron Wind Metals
« on: 16 March 2020, 12:51:58 »
Regular production has resumed at Iron Wind Metals, see the annoucement for more details.

Original Post
See the annoucement for more details. I will post a update when I have one from Mike.

Webstore is still open for bussiness.
« Last Edit: 18 May 2020, 20:26:48 by speck »

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
IWM is Suspending in Factory Sales & is closed - Web Store is open
« Reply #1 on: 22 March 2020, 14:55:24 »
See the annoucement for details, but the factory is closed. Due to the Ohio Governor ordering non essential business too close. Tomorrow Monday March 23rd, the factory staff will be working to ship as many orders that they can before the closure. The web store is still open, but fulfillment will taken extra time due to current situation.

Please stay tuned for updates.

NOTE: Updated to reflect web store still being open for sales.
« Last Edit: 22 March 2020, 17:33:36 by speck »

GRUD

• Captain
  • Quinn's Quads - 'Mechs on the March!
Due to the Ohio Governor ordering non essential business too close.
WHAT?!?!  :o

The Ohio Governor is an Idiot if he doesn't see IWM as an "Essential" Business!  How else are we supposed to get our Metal Crack?   :'(  Oh man.   I think I'm getting Jittery just thinking about them closing.

:D
To me, Repros are 100% Wrong, and there's NO  room for me to give ground on this subject. I'm not just an Immovable Object on this, I'm THE Immovable Object. 3D Prints are just 3D Repros.

Something to bear in Mind. Defending the BT IP is Frowned upon here.

Remember: Humor is NOT Tolerated here. Have a Nice Day!

Hey! Can't a guy get any Privacy around here!

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
I can't emphasize how horrifying it was to see the IWM store go offline last night.  For a few hours there, hope was truly dead. :( xp

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
This would happen just as my local game store decided to open up a contract with Golden and potentially start getting Battletech minis in.

I kid- here in Oregon, shelter-in-place went online today so non-essential businesses are also shut down.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
Heh... Virginia has put liquor stores on the "essential" list...  ^-^

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
Yes, it's not the only state to do so.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

Scotty

• Alpha Strike Guru by appointment to the FWLM
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
You generally don't want people experiencing withdrawals while hospitals are stressed.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
And beyond that, it's a stress reliever.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
Yeah, I read somewhere the retail sales of alcohol is up b/c folks cannot get it from bars.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

carlisimo

• Warrant Officer
There are great YouTube channels to learn cocktail mixing from.  My favorite is the Educated Barfly.  His early episodes are less refined, but have more basic information that I found very useful.  e.g. add your ingredients in cheapest->most expensive order, add the ice last, shake for 8-10 seconds, not the 30 you often see cited, express those lemon or orange twists because they're not just for show, refrigerate your vermouth, etc.

If you're in a big city like San Francisco, you can have cocktails delivered.  Pricey, but it means those bars might survive this ordeal.

Anyway, regarding the IWM webstore... the notice about shipping delays is pretty easy to miss on a desktop browser screen.  I didn't think to look all the way up at the top for a while.  And it's got a couple of typos.  Are we talking about no shipping at all until Ohio's Shelter-in-Place order is lifted?  That could take a while...

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
We should probably take discussions about things other than IWM to the COVID-19 thread in Off Topic.

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=68552.0

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
After they close the door I expect we will not see anything shipped out for 3 weeks or possibly more.  On the upside, I am pretty sure the moddlers already work from home so its not going to interrupt the pipeline for the next few quarters.

When do they normally make the Con exclusive announcements?
Colt Ward

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

dgorsman

• Captain
A mild sunny spot to all this, is they should still have assurances customers will be back when they're back open.
Think about it.  It's what we do.
- The Society

Thunder LRMs: the gift that keeps on giving.  They're the glitter of the BattleTech universe.

GRUD

• Captain
When do they normally make the Con exclusive announcements?
Seems like "Normally" in July, but I think they've mentioned some things the week OF Gen Con though.   :o
To me, Repros are 100% Wrong, and there's NO  room for me to give ground on this subject. I'm not just an Immovable Object on this, I'm THE Immovable Object. 3D Prints are just 3D Repros.

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
This assumes there is a Gencon this year. :-[

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
I already figure there will not be . . . Origins is absolutely out I expect, IF GenCon happens it might be one of the smallest in years.
Colt Ward

GRUD

• Captain
As much money as Indie rakes in during GC though, and as much as it makes "Gen Con LLC", I'd imagine they're going to wait as long as possible before canceling.  Someone in a GC FB Group already posted all the other things scheduled for the ICC this year, until at least SEP.  If anything happens to GC, it WILL be a Cancellation, rather than a Postponement/Rescheduling.  There's apparently no other free weekends for it to be moved to.   :-\

Makes me wonder how long OffWorld Designs will put off before they start making the Con items.  Would be a bit Funny on one hand, to have a t-shirt, hoodie or shot glass for a Con that wasn't held.  ;D  On the other, they'll also lose a LOT of money, because you know they won't sell everything they make.  Same with Crystal Caste and the "Official Gen Con" dice, among other Companies.   :-\

beachhead1985

• Major
  • 1st SOG; SLDF. "McKenna's Marauders"
    • Kilroy's Wall
Forgive me if I have missed this, but from context, I derive that the update to the webstore is complete? Looks the same.
Epitaph on an Army of Mercenaries

These, in the day when heaven was falling,      Their shoulders held the sky suspended;
The hour when earth's foundations fled,         They stood, and earth's foundations stay;
Followed their mercenary calling,               What God abandoned, these defended,
And took their wages, and are dead.             And saved the sum of things for pay.

A.E. Housman

Known Glitch

• Warrant Officer
  • Why haven't we fixed this yet?
The webstore is still open!  I placed my order last Friday and the delivery came yesterday.  Great customer service! :thumbsup:

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
They were pushing out what they had from orders . . . if its the standard thing, we might see them back mid-April.
Colt Ward

beachhead1985

• Major
    • Kilroy's Wall
The webstore is still open!  I placed my order last Friday and the delivery came yesterday.  Great customer service! :thumbsup:

But they had a thing where they were...migrating? I'm not crazy?

These, in the day when heaven was falling,      Their shoulders held the sky suspended;
The hour when earth's foundations fled,         They stood, and earth's foundations stay;
Followed their mercenary calling,               What God abandoned, these defended,
And took their wages, and are dead.             And saved the sum of things for pay.

A.E. Housman

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
Yeah, there was going to be some big announcement and everyone was going to have to make new accounts.  Does not seem to have happened.

beachhead1985

• Major
    • Kilroy's Wall
Yeah, there was going to be some big announcement and everyone was going to have to make new accounts.  Does not seem to have happened.

So is that on hold or what?

A.E. Housman

JadeHellbringer

• Easily Bribed Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
Heh... Virginia has put liquor stores on the "essential" list...  ^-^

It's my only coping mechanism at this point.
"There's a difference between the soldier and his fight,
But the warrior knows the true meaning of his life."
+Larry and his Flask, 'Blood Drunk'+

"You know, basically war is just, like, a bunch of people playing pranks on each other, but at the end they all die."
+Crow T. Robot+

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain

Still coming, my extra time has been taken up recently and then the factory closed so can’t do training on new system.

More to come.

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
Why was the change to a new store needed?

Scotty

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
Why was the change to a new store needed?

Probably because the "mid-2000s geocities" looking online store is repelling customers. :P

That's not a joke, by the way.  At least two new players I know were sufficiently put off by the storefront to just wait for the new kickstarter minis before diving into building a collection.

There's probably backend reasons for it, too, beyond that.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

GRUD

• Captain
Probably because the "mid-2000s geocities" looking online store is repelling customers. :P

That's not a joke, by the way.  At least two new players I know were sufficiently put off by the storefront to just wait for the new kickstarter minis before diving into building a collection.
Wow.  That's Unbelievably Petty.   :o

If someone offered me a Brand New Mercedes, PLUS they pay all licensing fees and taxes, I wouldn't refuse just because it was in a color I didn't care for.  Even if it was a truck, I'd accept it.  Then resell it.   ;D

Scotty

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
Ah, of course, I always forget that not using an off-putting internet storefront is exactly the same as refusing being given a free luxury car.  Silly me. ::)

The online store is serviceable if you know what you want already.  Just browsing it is  awful, especially if you don't know most of the names off the top of your head.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Register