Author Topic: Terra. Home to ilClan Wolf.  (Read 52364 times)

wantec

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
Re: Terra. Home to ilClan Wolf.
« Reply #60 on: 10 January 2022, 09:04:06 »
Basically look at the RecGuides to see the Warden Wolf entries- like the Sojourner or Ice Ferret.

Shattered Fortress tells you what Wolf clusters existed at the time they disappeared, it would be those 5 making up that galaxy.
Yeah I was going to say "everything they had left after fleeing Arc Royal, whatever that is".
BEN ROME YOU MAGNIFICENT BASTARD, I READ YOUR BOOK!

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #61 on: 10 January 2022, 12:53:22 »
FM 3145 has them with 9 clusters.
Alpha
   Golden Keshik (mentioned in Ilclan)
   1st Wolf Legion (destroyed on Arc-Royal)
   1st Wolf Strike Grenadiers (on Upano after Arc-Royal)
Beta
   Wolf Spider Keshik (on Incukalns after Arc-Royal, mentioned in ilClan)
   13th Wolf Guards
   2nd Wolf Legion (mentioned in ilClan)
Omega
   Bronze Keshik (on Pobeda after Arc-Royal, heavily damaged)
   1st Wolf Guards
   3rd Wolf Guards

IlClan has Omega Provisional Galaxy as 5 clusters. 6 survived Arc-Royal and neighboring battles to disappear. But only 5 went to Terra.
We've only got record of one being destroyed/left behind on Arc-Royal (1st Wolf Legion).
IlClan mentions three clusters by name.  Golden Keshik, Wolf Spider Keshik, and 2nd Wolf Legion.
The leaves two clusters unnamed, and five clusters we don't know the fate of (1st Wolf Strike Grenadiers, 13th Wolf Guards, Bronze Keshik, 1st Wolf Guards, 3rd Wolf Guards).

Made Up Past This Point
The Bronze Keshik was pretty beat up, I think it's the best candidate to have folded, to rebuild the other Keshiks.
The 1st Wolf Strike Grenadiers have too cool of a name to lose.
That leaves a Wolf Guards/Guardians to be a fifth.  The 13th Wolf guards were already down to 40% strength in FM3145.  But personally I'd find it hard to disband Natasha's legacy. so I'd fold the guardians into them and reinforcing other clusters where needed.
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Tukayyid Expanded Random Unit Tables, Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

CJC070

• Lieutenant
« Reply #62 on: 10 January 2022, 14:14:37 »
FM 3145 has them with 9 clusters.
Alpha
   Golden Keshik (mentioned in Ilclan)
   1st Wolf Legion (destroyed on Arc-Royal)
   1st Wolf Strike Grenadiers (on Upano after Arc-Royal)
Beta
   Wolf Spider Keshik (on Incukalns after Arc-Royal, mentioned in ilClan)
   13th Wolf Guards
   2nd Wolf Legion (mentioned in ilClan)
Omega
   Bronze Keshik (on Pobeda after Arc-Royal, heavily damaged)
   1st Wolf Guards
   3rd Wolf Guards

IlClan has Omega Provisional Galaxy as 5 clusters. 6 survived Arc-Royal and neighboring battles to disappear. But only 5 went to Terra.
We've only got record of one being destroyed/left behind on Arc-Royal (1st Wolf Legion).
IlClan mentions three clusters by name.  Golden Keshik, Wolf Spider Keshik, and 2nd Wolf Legion.
The leaves two clusters unnamed, and five clusters we don't know the fate of (1st Wolf Strike Grenadiers, 13th Wolf Guards, Bronze Keshik, 1st Wolf Guards, 3rd Wolf Guards).

Made Up Past This Point
The Bronze Keshik was pretty beat up, I think it's the best candidate to have folded, to rebuild the other Keshiks.
The 1st Wolf Strike Grenadiers have too cool of a name to lose.
That leaves a Wolf Guards/Guardians to be a fifth.  The 13th Wolf guards were already down to 40% strength in FM3145.  But personally I'd find it hard to disband Natasha's legacy. so I'd fold the guardians into them and reinforcing other clusters where needed.

Some might have left with the Kell Hounds that might show the discrepancy.  The other question is will they stay or will they go and retake Arc-Royal and the neighbouring systems now that the Jade Falcons are defeated.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #63 on: 10 January 2022, 14:19:05 »
Keshiks are not clusters, though they will add to a cluster to take direct command.  They typically had two trinaries the few times we see them written out.  The only details we ever got on them were FMWC (Golden & Bronze) and FMU (Wolf Spider).  The Bronze Keshik was the only abnormal one IIRC, it had artillery stars which fit with it commanding a defensive galaxy/clusters.  Among the Invasion Wolves, the Keshiks do get expanded and trimmed depending on circumstances, so the Bronze Keshik could have been trimmed back to a single full trinary or even a binary and remains of the other stars sent off to fill in losses elsewhere.

Omega's clusters are the Guardians, the 4th & 13th are the only Guards the Wardens had after the split . . . and the wipe out of the 4th is sad, but a OOC nod to the reunification after Stackpole's derp.

The Wardens did lose warriors to the Crusaders after Arc Royal fell and Alaric put out his call again, and while Trial of Position failures joined the Kell Hounds or other groups we do not get any stories about a warrior leaving like that outside of the abathka/freebirths taken in the Invasion who left in '58.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #64 on: 10 January 2022, 15:53:47 »
Keshiks are not clusters, though they will add to a cluster to take direct command. 
FM3085 and FM3145 both count the Keshiks as clusters (13 clusters in 3085, 9 clusters in 3145, both numbers require counting the Keshiks as clusters for those totals to work). 
It would not make much sense for Shattered Fortress to then say only 6 clusters survived Arc-Royal, if they only had 6 clusters (ie. not counting the Keshiks) prior to Arc-Royal.
Left of Center blog - Tukayyid Expanded Random Unit Tables, Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

Lyran Wolf

• Come the Millenial!
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Master Sergeant
« Reply #65 on: 10 January 2022, 16:26:59 »
What they have during IlClan as part of a provisional Galaxy that headed off to Terra in a hurry, may not be what they end up with when/if they move from a provisional Galaxy to a front-line Galaxy.

There is no reason to have two Keshiks, and the Wolf Empire already has a Golden Keshik if I recall.  So could see that change at the least.  Be nice if they kept Wolf Spider Keshik as a callback.  If you keep Wolf spider Keshik might be worth merging the 13th Wolf guard and traditions so you can consolidate that legacy into one unit.

I agree on the name for 1st Wolf Strike Grenadiers, as well as being a bit biased on wanting them to continue.

Wolf Guardians are pretty close in name to some existing WE clusters, so they may get renamed to avoid confusion.  If they are trying to push for front-line status might also help by jettisoning the 2nd line cluster names.

So when the dust settles on Omega Galaxy I could see
Wolf Spider Keshik
1st Wolf Strike Grenadiers
2nd Wolf Legion
Then 2 new clusters a 1st and 2nd “something”

May also depend heavily on who gets a say in the reorg, and if they have any agendas.  They may get broken up to spread out any warriors that may have questionable loyalties.  I would prefer they stay together as Omega Galaxy, but they might not.
CDT Agent #1000
Author - The Weight of a Name (Shrapnel #4), Hard Choices (Shrapnel #14)

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #66 on: 10 January 2022, 16:39:59 »
Do we know how many former Exiles survived Terra?
I was counting/naming those that arrived on Terra.  I don't know how many were left after.  But yeah, a reorganization after Terra could (likely will?) change a lot.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #67 on: 10 January 2022, 17:04:52 »
Not the first time fact-checking was off, the definition is from a binary to a whole cluster and Wolf Keshiks are not typically whole clusters since the formation was introduced.  Did a quick scan, and as far as I can tell, they applied it across the board and we did not get a strength estimate for any of the Clans using keshiks.  FMU had Khan Kell forcing saKhan Marco Hall to relinquish command of the 13th Wolf Guards to form a keshik for Beta Galaxy.  Phelan Kell also cut back the extra trinary or two attached to his keshik for the Refusal War after the Wardens settled on Arc Royal

Heck, the whole FM3085 and FM3145 order of battle charts for the Clans are off w/o a strength in stars, or at least binary/trinary, for each cluster because none of the Inner Sphere Clans build the clusters exactly alike, even in the same Clan.  The only Clan that followed the exact same structure across the board no longer exists.  Some Clans will field three binary clusters and six trinary clusters in the same touman.

As far as post ilClan . . . the only cluster remaining that was pre-Refusal War was the 13th Wolf Guards since sometime between 3085 and 3145, figure the Bonfire of Worlds chaos, the storied 4th Wolf Guards got lost somewhere.  The rest of the units were post-Refusal amalgamations, which made no sense at the time, while when Stackpole wrote the 1st MWDA Wolf novel he rolled out all the classic Invasion clusters which had TPTB inventing why those formations which had been absent for the past 70+ years suddenly appeared.
Colt Ward

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Lyran Wolf

• Come the Millenial!
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Master Sergeant
« Reply #68 on: 10 January 2022, 17:19:46 »
If I recall correctly from some numbers Greekfire pulled.  Omega Provisional was listed at 60% strength.  After the IlClan trial I believe.

So they may in fact be one of the most intact Galaxies the Wolves have on Terra.

They were listed as using a lot more vehicles and conventional infantry in FM3145 too I believe. Would expect a large part of losses to have come from those.  Also depending on how their Aerospace assets arrived and how cheeky those involved want to get into “forces on Terra”. Some of their aerospace may have been left out to dry in orbit or stuck in grounded dropships.  So they may have a lot of representation in Aerospace forces.
CDT Agent #1000
Author - The Weight of a Name (Shrapnel #4), Hard Choices (Shrapnel #14)

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #69 on: 10 January 2022, 19:13:57 »
Casualty and strength numbers as provided are almost meaningless . . .

Is it what they can field at that specific moment in time?
How many wounded do they expect to return after healing- IE, 6 months, 1 year . . . the last is important b/c that is when the wall comes down
Do they have more fully operational equipment than warriors?
More warriors than operational equipment?- we saw huge depots of gear being refurbished
Did it count abathka from the Republic or not?
Colt Ward

BrianDavion

• Captain
« Reply #70 on: 10 January 2022, 20:42:04 »
Not the first time fact-checking was off, the definition is from a binary to a whole cluster and Wolf Keshiks are not typically whole clusters since the formation was introduced.  Did a quick scan, and as far as I can tell, they applied it across the board and we did not get a strength estimate for any of the Clans using keshiks.  FMU had Khan Kell forcing saKhan Marco Hall to relinquish command of the 13th Wolf Guards to form a keshik for Beta Galaxy.  Phelan Kell also cut back the extra trinary or two attached to his keshik for the Refusal War after the Wardens settled on Arc Royal

Heck, the whole FM3085 and FM3145 order of battle charts for the Clans are off w/o a strength in stars, or at least binary/trinary, for each cluster because none of the Inner Sphere Clans build the clusters exactly alike, even in the same Clan.  The only Clan that followed the exact same structure across the board no longer exists.  Some Clans will field three binary clusters and six trinary clusters in the same touman.

As far as post ilClan . . . the only cluster remaining that was pre-Refusal War was the 13th Wolf Guards since sometime between 3085 and 3145, figure the Bonfire of Worlds chaos, the storied 4th Wolf Guards got lost somewhere.  The rest of the units were post-Refusal amalgamations, which made no sense at the time, while when Stackpole wrote the 1st MWDA Wolf novel he rolled out all the classic Invasion clusters which had TPTB inventing why those formations which had been absent for the past 70+ years suddenly appeared.

personally it never made much sense the wolves wouldn't reactivate classic units.
The Suns will shine again

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #71 on: 11 January 2022, 01:31:55 »
It never made sense that Phelan would deactivate all the proud legacies of the Clusters that went with him except the 4th & 13th Wolf Guards . . . eh, maybe the 16th or whatever that was in Beta that was not a Legion/Strike Grenadiers.  He had most of the surviving remains of 279th, 328th, 341st, and 352nd all follow to Arc Royal, which were the SLDF legacy units.  You want the claim to legitimacy then those are you units you maintain for political purposes.  Vlad, to distance himself from the genocide may not have used the ones the Wardens took . . . but when you get around to it, few of the Invasion clusters that stayed with him- Delta & Tau Galaxy- kept their names either.  But it is also a artifact of half the Invasion Wolf touman falling into a black hole.
Colt Ward

JAMES_PRYDE

• Lieutenant
  • Stephanie & Jiyi Chistu "Restoring Honor to CJF !"
    • Clan Jade Falcon:  SWTOR
« Reply #72 on: 05 February 2022, 23:32:44 »
Will the Bears be used as "Shock Troops" or "Rapid Reaction Force" for the new 3rd SLDF ? A Galaxy or two? Especially in its baby stages, until the other Clan Forces can rebuild

How committed are the Bears ? I mean, if (and when) it comes down to actual combat boots on the ground action ?

Also, it can give them more political leverage / reasons to kick the Horses

CJC070

• Lieutenant
« Reply #73 on: 05 February 2022, 23:40:29 »
Will the Bears be used as "Shock Troops" or "Rapid Reaction Force" for the new 3rd SLDF ? A Galaxy or two? Especially in its baby stages, until the other Clan Forces can rebuild

How committed are the Bears ? I mean, if (and when) it comes down to actual combat boots on the ground action ?

The next sourcebook will tell us more or whom supports the iClan and who opposes it.  With how integrated the Ghost Bear Dominion Clans and IS are I can see them giving Alaric lip service but there may be division in the ranks on if they follow the new Star League or not.

Kerfuffin(925)

• Major
« Reply #74 on: 05 February 2022, 23:54:15 »
The next sourcebook will tell us more or whom supports the iClan and who opposes it.  With how integrated the Ghost Bear Dominion Clans and IS are I can see them giving Alaric lip service but there may be division in the ranks on if they follow the new Star League or not.

I dont think it will cover enough time to see all that, just the early leanings.
Clan wolf will still have the fortress up, hard to make demands with no real way to contact anybody and you have a virtually impenetrable wall.
NCKestrel’s new favorite.

JAMES_PRYDE

• Lieutenant
« Reply #75 on: 06 February 2022, 00:24:44 »

I dont think it will cover enough time to see all that, just the early leanings.
Clan wolf will still have the fortress up, hard to make demands with no real way to contact anybody and you have a virtually impenetrable wall.

If I remember, didn't it say at the end of HoTW, they could only sustain the Wall for another year ?

Jellico

• Spatium Magister
  • Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • BattleMechs are the lords of the battlefield
« Reply #76 on: 06 February 2022, 01:05:27 »

Well if they are being "used" I am not sure how "committed" they will be.
The Bears have no reason to kick the Horses. It is the Wolves that have the beef with the Horses.

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #77 on: 06 February 2022, 01:13:52 »

Terra has function HPG's.  They can get word out though the Wall.

Will somebody or anybody listen to their call?  That is the big question.
Playing Guitar On My YouTube Channel:
Current cover tune: "The Wind Cries Mary" (by Jimi Hendrix)
https://youtu.be/m6a8wZiCsjM?si=0w7tVOgk7yylNv6a

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

JAMES_PRYDE

• Lieutenant
« Reply #78 on: 06 February 2022, 01:19:02 »
The Bears have no reason to kick the Horses. It is the Wolves that have the beef with the Horses.

I meant more as their duty, or participation in the new League. Also at the end of Tamar Rising, wasn't there some talk about the Horses leadership being nervous on the Bear border ?

BrianDavion

• Captain
« Reply #79 on: 06 February 2022, 03:32:39 »

they're clanners, do they have a reason NOT to?

DOC_Agren

• Major
« Reply #80 on: 06 February 2022, 21:26:45 »
yeah no one wants to wake up the sleeping Bear
"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast, And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill, And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"

Rainbow 6

• Captain
« Reply #81 on: 07 February 2022, 02:42:42 »
yeah no one wants to wake up the sleeping Bear

Well, IlKhan Ward might.

phoenixalpha

• Warrant Officer
  • For God, Prince Davion & the Federated Suns
« Reply #82 on: 07 February 2022, 07:48:14 »
The Bears will be used to fight a two fronted war to take the pressure off the SLDF v3. They'll send a couple of Galaxies both east & west - one into the side of the Horses to forestall any CHH advance to Terra and into the Combine to forestall any Kuritan attack on the old Republic worlds. This will also allow the FedSun forces to take a breather, retake New Avalon and push the Combine out of Davion space. A brokered cease fire between the Combine/FedSuns and Combine/Bears will allow both into the SL on favourable terms. The newly resurgent FedSun forces will be able to swing back to the Capellan border to put pressure there so that the CCAF will have to redeploy forces to shore up the FS/CC border therefore stalling any attack from Sian towards Terra.

BrianDavion

• Captain
« Reply #83 on: 07 February 2022, 15:48:24 »
The Bears will be used to fight a two fronted war to take the pressure off the SLDF v3. They'll send a couple of Galaxies both east & west - one into the side of the Horses to forestall any CHH advance to Terra and into the Combine to forestall any Kuritan attack on the old Republic worlds. This will also allow the FedSun forces to take a breather, retake New Avalon and push the Combine out of Davion space. A brokered cease fire between the Combine/FedSuns and Combine/Bears will allow both into the SL on favourable terms. The newly resurgent FedSun forces will be able to swing back to the Capellan border to put pressure there so that the CCAF will have to redeploy forces to shore up the FS/CC border therefore stalling any attack from Sian towards Terra.

that sounds more like wishlisting then a realistic prediction

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #84 on: 21 February 2022, 06:55:12 »
Question will the people of the Rasalhague Dominion allow it?  Look what happened when the Bears went out of control in Draconis Combine against the Nova Cats and Combine. (See Wars of the Republic Era)

There was a lot civilians people of power whom forced some changes in the Dominion.  Entirely possible they may cause the bears from acting as swiftly.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Metallgewitter

• Lieutenant
« Reply #85 on: 21 February 2022, 07:08:01 »
Question will the people of the Rasalhague Dominion allow it?  Look what happened when the Bears went out of control in Draconis Combine against the Nova Cats and Combine. (See Wars of the Republic Era)

There was a lot civilians people of power whom forced some changes in the Dominion.  Entirely possible they may cause the bears from acting as swiftly.

What upset the ethnic Rashalgians the most were the war crimes comitted by their own forces (best example would be the total destruction of the Combine mobile production fleet where the Bears even destroyed life boats) and they were not comfortable with being labeld as such. So if that happens again it might escalate. Plus the Bears just welcomed the Freeminders to their Dominion back so they might have more trouble at home to do some Wolf bidding.

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #86 on: 22 March 2022, 10:52:32 »
I wonder if ilClan Wolf will allow trials for enclaves on Terra or assign them, and what loyal clans might get enclaves in what places
Шонхорын хурдаар хурцлан давшъя, Чонын зоригоор асан дүрэлзэье, Тэнхээт морьдын туурайгаар нүргэе, Тамгат Чингисийн ухаанаар даръя | Let’s go faster than a falcon, Let’s burn with the wolf’s courage, Let’s roar with the hooves of strong horses, Let’s go with the wisdom of Tamgat Genghis - The Hu, Wolf Totem

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #87 on: 22 March 2022, 11:37:52 »
I think time on Terra is how Alaric can co-opt the average Trueborn Clanner against what a Clan's leadership wants.

Each Clan gets a embassy- not enclave- and is their temporary (long term) home at the Court of the Wolf League.
Each Clan embassy is guarded by members of that Clan under Star League Defense Force colors.
The selection for the embassy guard will be based on combat performance of Clanners while representing the SLDF.

Benefit- this covers . . . 6? (Bears, Ravens, Foxes, Cats, Jags, Falcons) and eventually 7 (Horses) with MAYBE a 8th (Scorpions) force . . . and if it was a 'Kerensky' cluster each (except Ravens) of 3 mech trinaries, infantry trinary, and vehicle trinary then it gets to be a pretty solid garrison along with Wolf sibkos, Black Falcon Watch, and say a rotated Wolf cluster or 2.  Falcons are the odd ones, see how they shape up going forward.  But it needs to be something like 1 in 4 or 1 in 5 warriors from a Clan are on Terra . . . so the SLDF has 5 or 6 clusters worth of troops from each Clan as their commitment.  Leave out the Scorpions (special case if they join anyway), that gives the SLDF 35 or 42 clusters from the other Clans to grind on the Houses.

IF this is the ONLY way the average Clan warrior is going to see Holy Terra, you are going to get the same sort of pressures inside each Clan that resulted in the Harvest Trials.
Colt Ward

Metallgewitter

• Lieutenant
« Reply #88 on: 24 March 2022, 07:56:12 »
If said Clans allow these warriors to leave. For example the Ravens don't have a huge touman to begin with. They might lend the Wolves some of their Warships with the condition "Mainetanance is on you" but ground troops? And don't get me started on the Foxes who are split into their aimags and most likely need said warriors as guards. Sure seeing and living on Terra is a big lure for Clanners but most seem to be content with staying where they are. Of course for the younger generations it might work as they crave the glory for war but those would be green troops. In essence high quality "cannon fodder". And the Cats, Falcons and Jaguars? How many of those are even left? And would the Cats (I guess you are talking about the Spirit Cats) even leave their home? Their leader declared that the planet Marik would be their home that would save them from destruction. why jump into the next fire when you have what you want. Unless they get another vision they might simply stay where they are (not to mention the Spirit Cats don't seem to like the Wolves very much)

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #89 on: 24 March 2022, 09:30:32 »
Ravens are a special case, as I noted.  For them, providing ASF, assault/PWS droppers, jumpships, and warships would mostly substitute for ground forces.  The Foxes are not troop starved, we have never gotten the sense they are scrambling to get troops for anything- plus their secret stash.  But none of this is really a stretch . . . the just Abjured Nova Cats sent a whole galaxy to participate in the Star League, so it is not a stretch at all.  But that is not the starting point either.

Look at the stampede of warriors during the Harvest Trials to be a part of combat in the Inner Sphere, the social pressures already exist in the Clans- particularly among the average warrior, who make up the largest portion of any touman and cannot be ignored (which is why Ulric referred Vlad's nonsense).

The Falcons are going to be going into battle with Alaric, such is the life of the Black Falcon Watch.  To keep the Black Falcon Watch clusters elite/selective, then they will have to create some farm clusters where stand outs can make their reputation for being selected.  Real question is can they re-integrate the group on Sudeten and what happens with the Highlanders.  Be hilarious if we ended up with a Clan Jade Falcon based on Northwind, and then the Falcon Remnant based on Sudeten who do not see themselves as being bound by the ilClan Trial's fall out.

Jaguars?  They have to prove themselves- heck, they have to win themselves some support structure!  Alaric is only going to prop them up so long, eventually they will have to set up some sort of territory and production for the Jaguars.  Everything they have right now would IMO be devoted to the Wolf League, it is how they will be reborn.

Cats?  You have a few Spirit Cat clusters and a Nova Cat cluster on Marik . . . but Kishio is out there somewhere waiting to return, in the ilClan era.  He has some troops, but more importantly a collection of lower castes and IIRC some sibkos.  The Cats will have to IMO officially re-unite, which is what has happened de facto, but the culture will need to become one again.  Their partnership with the Foxes and both being included in the new FWL offers them a unique position and something Alaric could diplomatically leverage if he is so inclined when he turns in that direction.  Nothing indicates the Cats have a dislike of the Wolves, what is noted is they are the only ones in the League the Wolves extend formal Clan trialing protocols to- the Cats have gotten the message they have the respect of the Wolves.
Colt Ward

Register