Author Topic: Nashira Campaign  (Read 1370 times)

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
Nashira Campaign
« on: 01 April 2019, 06:39:52 »
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nvyc6a7c5y1hz95/BattleTech%20Nashira%20Campaign.pdf?dl=0

A campaign for use with the new Box Set(s).  It only uses the minis and maps in AGoAC and the Beginner Box.  There are options that can be selected to try a sample of some rules from other sources (Special Pilot Abilities, vehicles, etc).  The rules for those options are included (though usually they are truncated for only what's needed for the scenario).

Nashira is a Kuritan world well known for its computer industry.  And later on, as the homeworld of the Genyosha.  Ardan Sortek began his climb to fame on Nashira, this raid is what led to his posting as commander of the Davion Heavy Guards and to the attention of Hanse Davion. A brief mention of the Nashira raid in the old House Davion sourcebook prompted this campaign book.
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
Re: Nashira Campaign
« Reply #1 on: 01 April 2019, 10:29:38 »
neat! i like the flexibility of the turning points, but there's a certain charm to the old school set piece scenario packs. It's a nice formatting continuance of the box set scenarios. 

also kudos on the scenario titles  ;D

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #2 on: 01 April 2019, 11:29:57 »
I figured the specific units worked better for new players and the limited number of options available. And it let me play with making some forces uniquely different.   Especially since the 15th Deiron is the reverse of the usual trend of Kurita towards lights. And the Avalon Hussars being the light force.

And I’m glad somebody noticed the scenario titles, tried to fit the “back to the 80s” trend :).
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #3 on: 01 April 2019, 11:45:17 »
also it gave me some motivation to continue my on again off again thing with a similar Operation Chieftain TRO:SW companion   

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #4 on: 01 April 2019, 12:01:14 »
also it gave me some motivation to continue my on again off again thing with a similar Operation Chieftain TRO:SW companion

Go for it!

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #5 on: 01 April 2019, 17:20:46 »
I may have to finish polishing my Glenmora Planetary Militia scenario track after this...  ::)

Register