Author Topic: Tell me about: The Solitaire  (Read 7669 times)

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
Re: Tell me about: The Solitaire
« Reply #30 on: 23 March 2018, 14:58:35 »
Like I said earlier, I think its one of the handful of specific mechs that are built to fight the IS rather than other Clans.  To me the Matador also falls into that category.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

mbear

• Stood Far Back When The Gravitas Was Handed Out
  • Major
    • Tower of Jade
Re: Tell me about: The Solitaire
« Reply #31 on: 26 March 2018, 08:14:45 »
I love the Solitaire.  Unusual for a Clan machine, it really works best as a team player, though.  Unsupported, it's pretty easy to take down, but if you team it up with some big mechs then send it to flank it makes life really difficult for your opponent.

Like I said earlier, I think its one of the handful of specific mechs that are built to fight the IS rather than other Clans.

TRO3067 says the Diamond Sharks introduced it, and it was assigned to their Spina Clusters. I can't remember off the top of my head if Spina Clusters are the ones that guarded the supply lines to the Inner Sphere, but based on MoneyLovinOgre and Colt's comments, to me it would make sense if the Sharks assigned this to face Inner Sphere forces of some sort. Probably the dezgra pirates that were trying to hit any Shark supply ships.
Be the Loremaster:

Battletech transport rules take a very feline approach to moving troops in a combat zone: If they fits, they ships.

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your BT experience. Now what? (Thanks Sartis!)