Author Topic: (Answered) Armored Components: OmniMech use, BV, and Cost questions  (Read 3729 times)

mbear

• Stood Far Back When The Gravitas Was Handed Out
  • Major
    • Tower of Jade
OmniMechs and armored components
Page 282's construction rules say:
Items designated as Fixed during construction of a base OmniMech chassis, including all basic items such as engines and cockpits, may not
have Component Armor added as a Pod item.
But the fixed equipment could be Armored during the standard construction phase, correct? In other words, I could have an Armored Engine in an OmniMech, but the engine would be armored in every configuration.

Battle Value
Page 380 says
The Defensive Battle Rating of an armored component is equal to 5 percent of the BV of the item protected per slot. If the item has no BV, then the value is 5 points per slot.
If a standard fusion engine is armored in a Mech, the Armored Engine adds 30 to the Defensive Battle Value (6 slots * 5 points), right?
If a Bipedal 'Mech has two armored hip actuators, that adds 10 to the Defensive Battle Value, correct?

Cost
Page 405 says an armored component costs  (150,000 * Number of Critical Slots). Does this cost replace the existing cost of the component or is it added to the cost of the existing component?

Does an Armored PPC cost 450,000 (150,000 * 3 critical slots) or 650,000 (200,000 (Standard PPC cost) + (3 * 150,000)) C-bills?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: 19 November 2012, 17:27:47 by Xotl »
Be the Loremaster:

Battletech transport rules take a very feline approach to moving troops in a combat zone: If they fits, they ships.

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your BT experience. Now what? (Thanks Sartis!)

Welshman

• Mostly Retired Has Been
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
Re: Armored Components: OmniMech use, BV, and Cost questions
« Reply #1 on: 08 February 2011, 00:34:00 »
OmniMechs and armored components
Page 282's construction rules say:But the fixed equipment could be Armored during the standard construction phase, correct? In other words, I could have an Armored Engine in an OmniMech, but the engine would be armored in every configuration.

That is correct.

Battle Value
Page 380 saysIf a standard fusion engine is armored in a Mech, the Armored Engine adds 30 to the Defensive Battle Value (6 slots * 5 points), right?
If a Bipedal 'Mech has two armored hip actuators, that adds 10 to the Defensive Battle Value, correct?

Again, you are correct.

Cost
Page 405 says an armored component costs  (150,000 * Number of Critical Slots). Does this cost replace the existing cost of the component or is it added to the cost of the existing component?

Does an Armored PPC cost 450,000 (150,000 * 3 critical slots) or 650,000 (200,000 (Standard PPC cost) + (3 * 150,000)) C-bills?

Third time, you are correct. Well done!

Best,
Joe BC
« Last Edit: 03 January 2014, 01:57:15 by Xotl »
-Joel BC-
Catalyst Freelancer (Inactive)

"Some closets will never contain Narnia, no matter how many times we open the door." - Weirdo, in relation to the power of hope.

mbear

• Major
    • Tower of Jade
« Reply #2 on: 08 February 2011, 07:27:03 »

Cost

Third time, you are correct. Well done!

Best,
Joe BC

Thanks but I"m not sure I understand. I'm correct on an answer with two options?  ??? They can't both be correct, can they?

Armored PPC Cost:
Option 1 Replaces existing cost- 450,000 (150,000 * 3 critical slots)
Option 2 Adds to existing cost- 650,000 (200,000 (Standard PPC cost) + (3 * 150,000))
Be the Loremaster:

Battletech transport rules take a very feline approach to moving troops in a combat zone: If they fits, they ships.

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your BT experience. Now what? (Thanks Sartis!)

Welshman

• Mostly Retired Has Been
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #3 on: 08 February 2011, 08:21:44 »
Thanks but I"m not sure I understand. I'm correct on an answer with two options?  ??? They can't both be correct, can they?

Armored PPC Cost:
Option 1 Replaces existing cost- 450,000 (150,000 * 3 critical slots)
Option 2 Adds to existing cost- 650,000 (200,000 (Standard PPC cost) + (3 * 150,000))

Option 2
-Joel BC-
Catalyst Freelancer (Inactive)

"Some closets will never contain Narnia, no matter how many times we open the door." - Weirdo, in relation to the power of hope.

mbear

• Major
    • Tower of Jade
Re: Armored Components: OmniMech use, BV, and Cost questions (Answered)
« Reply #4 on: 08 February 2011, 12:58:45 »
Thanks!
Be the Loremaster:

Register