Author Topic: Field Report 2765: Periphery - the Rim Worlds Republic and Aegis WarShips  (Read 2223 times)

BrokenMnemonic

• Lieutenant
I'm not sure if this is something intentional, or an oversight that should be reported as errata, so I thought I'd ask here. On page 4 of Field Report 2765: Periphery in the "WarShips of the Territorial States" sidebar there's a glorious list of WarShips deployed by each of the four Periphery nations. The Rim Worlds Republic list doesn't include any Aegis-class heavy cruisers, although there's a healthy mix of other former Hegemony ships. The Field Reports for the Great Houses have all had Aegis vessels included (6 Capellan, 5 Combine, 6 FedSuns, 5 FWL and 3 Lyran) and Historical Turning Points: New Dallas has the RWR Admiral who led the relief fleet to New Dallas commanding the Aegis-class RWS Tigershark (Page 11), so the RWR evidently had or acquired at least one Aegis.

Based on the Tigershark, I'm not sure if its the case that the RWR had some Aegis-class WarShips and they've been missed off the list in the Field Report, or if the Tigershark isn't on the list because it (and any others like it) wasn't active until some time after the date of the Field Report (April 2765) and the beginning of the Amaris Coup.

Is the lack of any Aegis-class ships something I should report as errata, or is it something intentional?

It's more interesting than optimal, and therefore better. O0 - Weirdo

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
The thing to bear in mind at this point is that this was what the Star League KNEW about in 2765, before the coup, and before Amaris unveiled tons of hidden armies and ships.

Those Aegises are lurking. Somewhere. Waiting.

-

BrokenMnemonic

• Lieutenant
So if the Star League didn't know that the Republic had those Aegis-class ships, they hadn't been obtained via the RWR buying them from the Terran Hegemony, which is how the Great Houses had acquired theirs?

It's more interesting than optimal, and therefore better. O0 - Weirdo

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
Possibly. Hard to say, really. Amaris' accountants were notoriously tight-lipped about the whole affair.

-