Author Topic: What movies/tv are we watching part XXX, Back into the fray!  (Read 25263 times)

Jal Phoenix

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Once, we had gods.
Re: What movies/tv are we watching part XXX, Back into the fray!
« Reply #570 on: 04 May 2024, 10:09:27 »
I watched that through a year or two ago. I really enjoyed the early episodes, but man, did it go way off the rails at the end. I maintain that what happened was that they finally succeeded in breaking Number Six, and the last couple episodes are just the lunatic ravings of his shattered mind.

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #571 on: 04 May 2024, 13:45:53 »
I watched that through a year or two ago. I really enjoyed the early episodes, but man, did it go way off the rails at the end. I maintain that what happened was that they finally succeeded in breaking Number Six, and the last couple episodes are just the lunatic ravings of his shattered mind.
my take on a village in general was a place to find people like number 6 as tool for evolution of society into something more stable with inherant ethics of caring for both individual and society which number 6 to have been showing through his stay. village i think was prototype and potential for more stable society or societies that were more in balance with out killing creativity it was also mentioned by different number 2s. it was also mention by number 2s that it is a place for people that know something or created something that they can be kept an eye on. but in reality i think these people were the idea makers and village was the test bed for those ideas and test bed for what they made the general was a good example of that. it scared the hell out me if such tech was released on general populace.
you sure cannot out run death...but sure as hell you can make that bastard work for it!

Daemion

• Major
  • The Future of BattleTech
    • Never Tales and Other Daydreams
« Reply #572 on: 04 May 2024, 13:46:52 »
Working my way through Alf, Red Green Show, and Who's Line on Tubi, among some old cartoons and anime.
It's your world. You can do anything you want in it. - Bob Ross

Every thought and device conceived by Satan and man must be explored and found wanting. - Donald Grey Barnhouse on the purpose of history and time.

I helped make a game! ^_^  - Forge Of War: Tactics

Ruger

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
« Reply #573 on: 04 May 2024, 17:31:14 »
Went and saw The Phantom Menace in the theater for like the half-dozenth time since its original premier.

Thr theater was much less filled than that very first time when I saw the original premier.

Ruger
"If someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Malcolm Reynolds, Firefly

"Who I am is where I stand. Where I stand is where I fall...Stand with me." - The Doctor, The Doctor Falls, Doctor Who

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #574 on: 04 May 2024, 18:15:16 »
Went and saw The Phantom Menace in the theater for like the half-dozenth time since its original premier.

Thr theater was much less filled than that very first time when I saw the original premier.

Ruger
theaters still do that?
last one i saw was return of the jedi back in 84...i cant find any theaters locally that still do that
you sure cannot out run death...but sure as hell you can make that bastard work for it!

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • Need a hand?
« Reply #575 on: 04 May 2024, 18:20:01 »
theaters still do that?
last one i saw was return of the jedi back in 84...i cant find any theaters locally that still do that

Yeah, running old movies in theaters started getting popular about a decade ago and it really seems to have taken off in recent years.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Prospernia

• Lieutenant
« Reply #576 on: 04 May 2024, 19:50:40 »
Watching clips of Wishmaster 2: Sholder and Divoff do good work in the B-rated, horror-dept.

garhkal

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #577 on: 04 May 2024, 23:08:55 »
Re-watched John Wick 4..  Wondered, if the ballerina and continental spin offs are still coming, and if they're doing more with "MR nobody" for wick 5 now that wick himself seems dead.
It's not who you kill, but how they die!
You can't shoot what you can't see.
You can not dodge it if you don't know it's coming.

Deathknight69

• Captain
  • Supernaturalizing the universe !!
« Reply #578 on: 05 May 2024, 03:08:03 »
Started watching 'Fallout" on Am Prime, interesting. I never played the games as I was busying raising critters and watched kid friendly fair with them back then.
"Remember kids, Ammo explosion's are as much fun as friendly fire and incoming fire has the right-of-way." - ShadowSeraph
Avatar by Wombat, Thanks again to the blue fuzzy marsupial of wanton destruction.
"SRM Carrier. It's actual combat value is irrelevant; the face of a player when one of their 'mechs takes a point-blank shot from one is priceless!  ^-^" - Fireangel
"What's a little canon-deviation amongst friends and enemies" - Self
Quote from: DarkSpade on August 10, 2022, 15:23:40
If you think about it, the perfect merc lives long enough to complete the objective, but not long enough to get paid.
Well, there's an Obi-Wan level point of view comment for you ...  xp
« Last Edit: August 10, 2022, 15:35:06 by Wolf72 »

NightSarge

• Captain
  • Clan Coyote fan
« Reply #579 on: 05 May 2024, 06:03:25 »
Nitro Rallycross Calgary FULL Broadcast - Finals
"Nemo my name forevermore"
Nightwish - Nemo

NightSarge

• Captain
  • Clan Coyote fan
« Reply #580 on: 06 May 2024, 06:06:09 »
Mark Felton
Nightwish - Nemo

Triptych

• Lieutenant
    • My Amazon Author Page
« Reply #581 on: 07 May 2024, 00:30:23 »
The Hourglass Sanitarium (1973) Old Polish movie from the early 1970s. It's a surreal fantasy about a man who visits his dying father in some kind of strange asylum where time is all wonky. The production values are stunning, and it kept me interested throughout the whole runtime, which is normally tough to do. The images on the screen are so weird and insane, along with the confusing plot comes off as like a fever dream. Gave me a lot of ideas to use in my writing too. Rating 8/10

Prospernia

• Lieutenant
« Reply #582 on: 07 May 2024, 19:10:28 »
I didn't even finish Surrogates; I might get the Social Network, just because I like the composers of the OST, Atticus Ross (Book of Eli) and Trent Reznor (his nails are too long). 

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #583 on: 07 May 2024, 20:30:49 »
surrogates was ok but read the source material the comic book it came from. that was good for western comic for a change

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • Need a hand?
« Reply #584 on: 07 May 2024, 23:40:26 »
Finally got around to watching Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 3.  Good movie, the best MCU film post Thanos (low bar, I know).

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

NightSarge

• Captain
  • Clan Coyote fan
« Reply #585 on: 08 May 2024, 06:05:22 »
Fire and flame tv
Nightwish - Nemo

Prospernia

• Lieutenant
« Reply #586 on: 08 May 2024, 16:24:27 »
I settled for Oppenheimer instead.  I like how it's about how starts form, black-holes and he had interstellar-visions, like I do sometimes. But my math is horrible.

GRUD

• Captain
  • Quinn's Quads - 'Mechs on the March!
« Reply #587 on: 09 May 2024, 05:42:16 »
Yeah, running old movies in theaters started getting popular about a decade ago and it really seems to have taken off in recent years.
When my local theater was Wehrenberg, they showed older movies every weekend, with Rocky Horror Picture Show showing 3-4 times a year.  :tongue:  Now part of the Marcus theater chain (they "Acquired" Wehrenberg about 10 years or so ago), they started showing older movies a few years back.  I've seen The Quiet Man once, and I've seen White Christmas about 5 times now (though once was when they were still Wehrenberg), and even It's A Wonderful Life once.

I went to see Boy Kills World last week (it was ok, though strange), and saw they were playing Alien:smilie_happy_thumbup:  I SHOULD have ducked in to see that instead, as the next 2 days it showed (and I had off), it was only playing a little before 1P each day, which is about when I try to get to bed.  :cry:  Oh well.  Apparently, this year is the 40th Anniversary for Alien

They're also showing The Matix, and this is the 25th Anniversary for it.

While Wehrenberg would always have paper and pencil for people to nominate a movie, Marcus doesn't do that.   :undecided:  Don't know how many times I tried writing down The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai: Across the Eight Dimension, and they never once showed it.   :cry:   :tongue:  And YES, I wrote out the full title exactly like that EACH and EVERY time!   :grin:

Went to see Fall Guy Tuesday, and thought it was pretty good.  The previews have a few scenes NOT in the movie, and they're not Exactly how the movie plays out either.  Still good though.  After the credits roll, we get cameos from . . . Lee Majors and Heather Thomas.  Poor Heather looks like she used the same plastic surgeon as Kenny Rogers.   :undecided:  We also have Jason Momoa for a few minutes as well!   :smilie_happy_thumbup:
To me, Repros are 100% Wrong, and there's NO  room for me to give ground on this subject. I'm not just an Immovable Object on this, I'm THE Immovable Object. 3D Prints are just 3D Repros.

Something to bear in Mind. Defending the BT IP is Frowned upon here.

Remember: Humor is NOT Tolerated here. Have a Nice Day!

Hey! Can't a guy get any Privacy around here!

NightSarge

• Captain
  • Clan Coyote fan
« Reply #588 on: 09 May 2024, 06:12:13 »
Bad lads army
Nightwish - Nemo

ActionButler

• Global Moderator
  • Major
« Reply #589 on: 09 May 2024, 06:13:58 »
As someone who grew up with the 90’s comics, I can’t believe how good X-Men 97 is while being so faithful to its source material. A much, much younger ActionButler would have lost his damned mind at seeing an animated version of Magento yanking the adamantium out of Wolverine.

Also, finally got to Shogun, which has been a much better experience than Hulu’s interpretation of Catch 22.
Experimental Technical Readout: The School
http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=56420.0

NightSarge

• Captain
  • Clan Coyote fan
« Reply #590 on: 10 May 2024, 06:02:18 »
The tank chats
Nightwish - Nemo

garhkal

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #591 on: 10 May 2024, 13:59:02 »
Caught Stathams "The Beekeeper"..  Was fun.  Wonder, if it did enough in the box office, for a sequel.
It's not who you kill, but how they die!
You can't shoot what you can't see.
You can not dodge it if you don't know it's coming.

ThePW

• Lieutenant
  • One post down, a thousand to g... Oh we're here?
« Reply #592 on: 10 May 2024, 18:03:24 »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXVBlC3hmoc

https://www.badspacecomics.com/

No, this isn't TV or Movie fare per se...

It's a vignette really, an animated short story with an interesting ending... I suspect if Queen Marrie Antonette was into the sciences, she might appreciate the humor implied here...
Even my Page posting rate is better than my KPD rate IG...

2Feb2023: The day my main toon on DDO/Cannith, an Artificer typically in the back, TANKED in a LH VoD.

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #593 on: 10 May 2024, 22:36:46 »
reminds me of a short story by stanislaw lem right down to cryo
man working on a surface of one of the moons if saturn (i think)in exo suit in environment that is freezing way below 0 C way to rescue any one was to go in cryo...well he gets in trouble ends up going in cryo and is found 100 years later of no memory it has been about 40 years when i read it

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • Need a hand?
« Reply #594 on: 10 May 2024, 22:54:20 »
Watching the Crisis on Infinite Earths Part 2 animated movie.  Much more coherent than the first one, and ties into a lot of the earlier Tomorrowverse films as well.

NightSarge

• Captain
  • Clan Coyote fan
« Reply #595 on: 11 May 2024, 06:18:46 »
Starship Highlander
Nightwish - Nemo

Triptych

• Lieutenant
    • My Amazon Author Page
« Reply #596 on: 11 May 2024, 07:28:11 »
Manhunt (2014) Limited series about Abe Lincoln's assassination. I was looking forward to this but was somewhat disappointed. Theres way too many POVs, and it shifts in time from one flashback to another, so it sort of kills any momentum. Lots of scenes drag on and on. Also, theres some major liberties being taken which messes up historical accuracy. Like making the secretary of war Stanton as being personally involved in the investigation, as well as anachronistic dialogue like "intel," "hail mary," and "crime scene." Seriously? Rating: 5/10

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #597 on: 11 May 2024, 13:53:30 »
ok
introduced my neighbor kids to
life and times of grizzly adams yesterday
today we after coming back from park we finished ...now how in the world i stop them from crying for more? seriously i have two kids crying because there is no more episodes?

Triptych

• Lieutenant
    • My Amazon Author Page
« Reply #598 on: 11 May 2024, 23:41:17 »
Mountain man movies were huge in the 70s. Im sure you can find a ton of them out there to keep the kids watching. Dan Haggerty made a career out of it lol.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • Need a hand?
« Reply #599 on: 11 May 2024, 23:46:43 »
Roger Corman has died.

Register