Author Topic: R.I.P. Twycross  (Read 13509 times)

JadeHellbringer

• Easily Bribed Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
R.I.P. Twycross
« on: 08 December 2021, 13:08:00 »
Hi all,

I come bearing sad news. Josh Ellis, aka Twycross, passed away recently after complications from COVID-19. While I'd heard some rumblings about this over the last couple of days, his family confirmed the news on his Facebook page.

I didn't get to interact with him as much as I would have liked to have, but Josh was an amazingly funny and kind person, one of the biggest hearts I've ever encountered. It's an absolute tragedy to lose someone in the Battletech community in-general anyway, but to lose one of his nature feels like an extra turn of the knife.

Josh spent a lot of time here in the MW Hall over the years, and I figure if there's anywhere he'd want a small memorial thread, it's among his friends and fellow MW Hall lunatics. If you have any memories or thoughts to share, please do so.

Thanks, all. Whether a prayer or raising a glass or however you personally memorialize a friend, this is the time for it.

Goodbye, Twycross... gone, never forgotten.

Brian Bunch / JadeHellbringer
"There's a difference between the soldier and his fight,
But the warrior knows the true meaning of his life."
+Larry and his Flask, 'Blood Drunk'+

"You know, basically war is just, like, a bunch of people playing pranks on each other, but at the end they all die."
+Crow T. Robot+

Paladin1

• Lieutenant
Re: R.I.P. Twycross
« Reply #1 on: 08 December 2021, 14:27:18 »
I don't have any specific tales of Josh, just that his presence was always noticed in anything Battletech related.  He was always there.

We need an official Roll of Honor to remember our fallen.  Albatross, Clangador, Twycross and who knows how many others.

Doc Swift

• Freelance Writer
  • Warrant Officer
  • Check my latest, on Amazon!
    • My Amazon Author page
« Reply #2 on: 08 December 2021, 14:47:52 »
Terrible news. I hope his family's coping with a loss so near the holidays. They have my sympathies.

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #3 on: 08 December 2021, 14:50:29 »
I second that (about the Roll of Honor), though it is difficult to find out information about some of our MIA members, such as Sharpnel.  He was a rather private individual.

I didn't really know Twycross, but he was funny, and as noted, he was always around even if he was just lurking in the shadows.  I raise a can of mountain dew to him, since I really only drink liquor on infrequent occasions and have none with me on my boat trip.

Salute to the fallen.   :beer:
« Last Edit: 08 December 2021, 14:56:14 by rebs »
Playing Guitar On My YouTube Channel:
Current cover tune: "The Wind Cries Mary" (by Jimi Hendrix)
https://youtu.be/m6a8wZiCsjM?si=0w7tVOgk7yylNv6a

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

bpardoe870

• Warrant Officer
    • Website of Blaine Pardoe
« Reply #4 on: 08 December 2021, 15:04:12 »
I am saddened to hear this.  Seyla!

Blaine "Buck" Pardoe
Author

panzerfaust150

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #5 on: 08 December 2021, 15:06:33 »
To Josh, perhaps we can all raise a glass of our prefered beverage in his honor. He has passed beyond the veil, and I do hope, wherever he is, it's a perpetual tabletop game and the dice roll nothing but "6s".  :'(

I too, ask that a "Roll of Honor" be set up for those we have lost.
Clover Spear author and cat wrangler!
FedCom Fan!

mikecj

• Major
  • Veteran of Galahad 3028
« Reply #6 on: 08 December 2021, 16:37:21 »
He had some pretty funny comments & FB posts.  He shall be remembered in the Halls.
There are no fish in my pond.
"First, one brief announcement. I just want to mention, for those who have asked, that absolutely nothing what so ever happened today in sector 83x9x12. I repeat, nothing happened. Please remain calm." Susan Ivanova
"Solve a man's problems with violence, help him for a day. Teach a man to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime." - Belkar Bitterleaf
Romo Lampkin could have gotten Stefan Amaris off with a warning.

SulliMike23

• Lieutenant
  • The Brotherhood will expand in the Inner Sphere!
« Reply #7 on: 08 December 2021, 16:54:41 »
RIP Twycross. We'll miss you.

mikecj

• Major
  • Veteran of Galahad 3028
« Reply #8 on: 08 December 2021, 18:26:14 »
I don't have any specific tales of Josh, just that his presence was always noticed in anything Battletech related.  He was always there.

We need an official Roll of Honor to remember our fallen.  Albatross, Clangador, Twycross and who knows how many others.

I feel like that scene in Galactica, with the top gun mug and Starbuck starts naming all the lost pilots.  Maybe in a future product, we can have a memorial wall worked into the artwork?
There are no fish in my pond.
"First, one brief announcement. I just want to mention, for those who have asked, that absolutely nothing what so ever happened today in sector 83x9x12. I repeat, nothing happened. Please remain calm." Susan Ivanova
"Solve a man's problems with violence, help him for a day. Teach a man to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime." - Belkar Bitterleaf
Romo Lampkin could have gotten Stefan Amaris off with a warning.

The Mighty ACHOO

• Major
  • GET OFF MY LAWN!
« Reply #9 on: 08 December 2021, 19:00:24 »
I remember when he announced the death of Chris Yoder [Clangador]. It is hard duty to bear such news. Now he, and his ever present humor, is gone to us. My deepest condolences to his friends and family. I will miss him. May he rest in peace.   :'( :(
If you are waiting for me to go out of my mind you will have to wait. The exits are not clearly marked and the doors open the wrong way. Oh, and the doors are trapped!

ThePW

• Lieutenant
  • One post down, a thousand to g... Oh we're here?
« Reply #10 on: 08 December 2021, 20:52:56 »
*Honor Guard, Post*

*Hand. SALUTE!*

[Taps]

AS1 CAW USN (RET)/ Pensive's Wetness

He's really not gone. He's just... gonna be AFK longer than desired...
Even my Page posting rate is better than my KPD rate IG...

2Feb2023: The day my main toon on DDO/Cannith, an Artificer typically in the back, TANKED in a LH VoD.

Arkansas Warrior

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #11 on: 19 December 2021, 21:53:58 »
Just saw this.  Oof.
Sunrise is Coming.

All Hail First Prince Melissa Davion, the Patron Saint of the Regimental Combat Team, who cowed Dainmar Liao, created the Model Army, and rescued Robinson!  May her light ever guide the sons of the Suns, May our daughters ever endeavour to emulate her!

Wombat

• Captain
« Reply #12 on: 23 December 2021, 23:06:12 »
Wow. Just...wow.  :'(
"Remember gweilo, you suck when you are nervous." - James Hong

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth." - Mike Tyson

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage