Author Topic: 'Mech of the Week: CGR-XXX Charger  (Read 47917 times)

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
Re: 'Mech of the Week: CGR-XXX Charger
« Reply #180 on: 12 July 2019, 10:07:27 »
I'm curious if the Charger is even being made by 3145/50.  Black Luthern's LAW factories were toasted where the Charger was made.  I know they started up else where to make the Hatamoto-Chi else where, but not sure if Charger got another factory.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

MarauderD

• Major
« Reply #181 on: 12 July 2019, 11:38:48 »
Ironically, the 1A1 would probably be pretty interesting in the HBS game, given that support weapons (which Small Lasers are classified under) automatically fire after a melee attack. No-one is gonna enjoy an Assault Mech moving that fast into melee range, which should help remind people what Tabletop rules the 1A1 was originally designed to take advantage of (CHARGE!).

I've modded the 1A1, 1A5, and 1L into the HBS game and it is never fun to see the 1A1 on the field.  You know it will try to close to SL range because it has to.  And when the AI gets into melee range, it ALWAYS does melee.  You get to the point where your heavy lance has to engage the Charger first so it can't close to melee.  At that point, it has done its job tanking damage while its lancemates are plinking at you with impunity.

Crow

• Master Sergeant
  • Scientist-General
« Reply #182 on: 13 July 2019, 04:54:33 »
The OA/RA was building the -1A9 in 3085. After that is anyone's guess though
YOU DARE REFUSE MY BOOF?

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #183 on: 13 July 2019, 05:36:27 »
The OA/RA was building the -1A9 in 3085. After that is anyone's guess though
Oh i found it, it's on Cuicocha, being made as of 3079 at Raveena Electronics.

Objectives Clans doesn't say which ones their making, but that cool.
« Last Edit: 13 July 2019, 06:17:52 by Wrangler »
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki