Author Topic: Periphery Nation Provinces  (Read 1581 times)

BrokenMnemonic

• Lieutenant
Periphery Nation Provinces
« on: 31 July 2017, 15:57:23 »
When did the Concordat, Outworlds and Magistracy stop using internal provinces? It's been confirmed that in the Star League era the Concordat had 4, the Magistracy 3, and the Outworlds... well, more than I can remember at the moment (6? 7?) but they're not depicted consistently in the Star League era books, which was confirmed to be an errata in one case, and they aren't depicted at all in First or Second Succession War. The decline in the size of each of the three realms seems to have started relatively slowly, but I'm not sure if all three showing no internal provinces in either Succession Wars volume is an oversight or a conscious decision to do away with provinces and provincial capitals and just run everything from their capital worlds.

It's more interesting than optimal, and therefore better. O0 - Weirdo

Adrian Gideon

• BattleTech Developer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • BattleTech Line Developer
Re: Periphery Nation Provinces
« Reply #1 on: 31 July 2017, 19:27:55 »
My assumption is that those were Star League designations, not something necessarily used by those nations themselves, which would explain why they were dropped immediately after the fall of the Star League.
If you appreciate how I’m doing, send me a tip: ko-fi.com/rayarrastia
fb.com/battletechgame
@CGL_BattleTech

BrokenMnemonic

• Lieutenant
Re: Periphery Nation Provinces
« Reply #2 on: 02 August 2017, 15:21:17 »
Thank you, that makes sense. Given that the provincial capitals were presumably tied into the Star League administration, is it a good bet that getting rid of the provinces helped add to the problems that saw so many worlds drop off the map? I'm thinking of situations like Bob, where the regional expertise would've gone that had helped lubricate all those supply details that keep nations working.

It's more interesting than optimal, and therefore better. O0 - Weirdo