Author Topic: BattleTech: Clan Invasion Kickstarter Discussion, Vol. 1  (Read 175513 times)

Annwn

• Corporal
Re: BattleTech: Clan Invasion Kickstarter is LIVE
« Reply #1560 on: 20 July 2019, 02:38:50 »
BattleTech really needed this kickstarter.

Personally, I'm absolutely floored.  Talk about some pent up demand.  I think the best part is how it gets the game retooled along with it.  It shouldn't be surprising in thinking about it though, several gaming companies (take a look at Troll Lord) use Kickstarter for lots of product releases.  My only pet peeve is that nothing should be truly restricted to backers one-time forever (I'm mainly talking lore/cannon/fiction sort of stuff). 

Annwn

• Corporal
« Reply #1561 on: 20 July 2019, 02:52:05 »
They have had them before and an overlord c...but I checked and didn't see them.  Sometimes the resin stuff disappears for a while

Wayback machine captured them here if you want a thumbnail picture - https://web.archive.org/web/20150215210149/http://ironwindmetals.com/store/index.php?cPath=16_44_109

The actual product pages, if you want to save them are -
Overlord (Clan) - http://ironwindmetals.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=4410
Overlord (IS) - http://ironwindmetals.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=4409
Union - http://ironwindmetals.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=4025

Sharpnel

• Colonel
« Reply #1562 on: 20 July 2019, 02:59:54 »
Oooohhhh, Clan Wolverine faction pack! Go 800K!!!
Now that is one I can get behind and would likely be the only add-on I would buy.
« Last Edit: 20 July 2019, 03:15:52 by Sharpnel »
Consigliere Trygg Bender, CRD-3BL Crusader, The Blazer Mafia
Takehiro 'Taco' Uchimiya, SHD-2H Shadow Hawk 'Taco', Crimson Oasis Trading Company

"Of what use is a dream, if not a blueprint for courageous action" -Adam West
As I get older, I realize that I'm not as good as I once was.
"Life is too short to be living someone else's dream" - Hugh Hefner

niall78

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1563 on: 20 July 2019, 03:48:17 »
This whole thing just goes to show how valuable and loved the IP is in the gaming world.

I hope it all goes well for CGL. I'll be in for the guts of €1000 as getting BT stuff in Europe has become a major pain over the last three or four years.

If CGL want to add all the recent dead tree books in this KS as add-ons I'll throw even more cash their way. Again this stuff is hard to get in Europe. Frustration does not begin to cover being a BT fan not based in the US.
« Last Edit: 20 July 2019, 03:56:31 by niall78 »

SCC

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1564 on: 20 July 2019, 03:53:39 »
Now that is one I can get behind and would likely be the only add-on I would buy.
Bloodnamed and higher get one for free

Maingunnery

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Pirates and C3 masters are on the hitlist
« Reply #1565 on: 20 July 2019, 03:54:53 »
I have one problem with the 900K Defense of Luthein goal, they forgot the MRBC option.  :'( :'(

The Conjurer would be neat to see, based more so on the original sculpt, not the latest ones.
I am thinking of a hybrid of the unseen and the MW4 one, a Mech that gets hyper-extending actuators to allow it to act as a chicken-walker or humanoid walker.

Herb: "Well, now I guess we'll HAVE to print it. Sounds almost like the apocalypse I've been working for...."

The Society:Fan XTRO & Field Manual
Nebula California: HyperTube Xtreme
Nebula Confederation Ships

PyreLight

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1566 on: 20 July 2019, 04:11:21 »
oh my sweet ilkhan at that Marauder

this is  to me the definitive design at this point. Absolutely perfect balance between new and old. It's so incredibly badass.

H.B.M.C.

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1567 on: 20 July 2019, 04:14:21 »
It's gorgeous, isn't it? Would not be sad if I got that in the blind box pack thingy.

BYE

RazorclawXLS

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #1568 on: 20 July 2019, 04:19:40 »
This thread pushes forward in break-neck speed it seems. My last (and first) post got buried 7 pages back, so I'll ask again, just in case it got missed.

I live in Serbia, in Europe (but not EU, EU is not the whole of Europe), and I was eyeing to buy Battletech: A Game Of Armored Combat boxset since it was announced for 2018. However when I went to Catalyst's online store I got a cold shower, as the cheapest available option for shipping was around 90% of the price of the boxset itself.

So I am a bit apprehensive about the shipping amount for the kickstarter pledge. I pledged as Star Captain and intend to buy an additional Clan star, so were talking substantially more goods than Battletech: A Game Of Armored Combat boxset.

It is mentioned on the Kickstarter page that "european agencies" would be responsible for fulfillment for EU. Now, if the word used was "Europe", I wouldn't frett at all. But since it mentions only EU, I am concerned how the shipping to other countries in Europe, that aren't in EU is going to be managed.

Cubby, can we get some details on how european distribution will be executed? Can we get a list of european countries that would be covered by the european distribution center?

Best regards
Lone merc from the Periphery

H.B.M.C.

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1569 on: 20 July 2019, 04:32:43 »
One thing to keep in mind when it comes to shipping is that different companies have different arrangements with their country's shipping organisations.

For instances, Fantasy Flight Games has astronomical shipping costs compared to somewhere like, say, Miniature Market, because they do not ship enough product from their own small warehouse to justify a special shipping deal with USPS. I'd imagine that Catalyst is a low volume exporter as well, and as a result has a similar "bad deal" with USPS (as most of Catalysts sales likely come from the stock they sell to third parties, as opposed to direct sales).

So whilst the Game of Armoured Combat shipped right from Catalyst costs too much in shipping, their EU hub puts the shipping far closer to you, and likely has a mass bulk shipping discount (discount's the wrong word, but you get what I'm saying) that would reduce costs at your end by an amount that makes it worth while.

Which is why they need an Oceania hub!!!

BYE

PyreLight

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1570 on: 20 July 2019, 04:36:47 »
This thread pushes forward in break-neck speed it seems. My last (and first) post got buried 7 pages back, so I'll ask again, just in case it got missed.

I live in Serbia, in Europe (but not EU, EU is not the whole of Europe), and I was eyeing to buy Battletech: A Game Of Armored Combat boxset since it was announced for 2018. However when I went to Catalyst's online store I got a cold shower, as the cheapest available option for shipping was around 90% of the price of the boxset itself.

So I am a bit apprehensive about the shipping amount for the kickstarter pledge. I pledged as Star Captain and intend to buy an additional Clan star, so were talking substantially more goods than Battletech: A Game Of Armored Combat boxset.

It is mentioned on the Kickstarter page that "european agencies" would be responsible for fulfillment for EU. Now, if the word used was "Europe", I wouldn't frett at all. But since it mentions only EU, I am concerned how the shipping to other countries in Europe, that aren't in EU is going to be managed.

Cubby, can we get some details on how european distribution will be executed? Can we get a list of european countries that would be covered by the european distribution center?

Best regards
Lone merc from the Periphery

Serbia is relatively close-by and if you take a look at the Shadowrun kickstarter, their shipping was relatively cheap for the European continent.

I don't think you need to worry at all about this Kickstarter having just as ridiculously expensive shipping as the Catalyst Web Store.

Ursus Maior

• Warrant Officer
  • Just here for a little mayhem.
« Reply #1571 on: 20 July 2019, 04:57:03 »
Comstar is coming
Operation SCORPION started on May 1, 3052, as did the Battle of Tukayyid. So that would fit the "late winter" and "early spring" at least roughly.
liber et infractus

Charlie Tango

• Moderator Emeritus
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • I'm feeling a little sketchy...
« Reply #1572 on: 20 July 2019, 05:15:02 »

this is  to me the definitive design at this point. Absolutely perfect balance between new and old. It's so incredibly badass.

I've seen that done as a 3-D print prototype.  It's no less spectacular.
"This is a war universe. War all the time. That is its nature.
There may be other universes based on all sorts of other principles, but ours seems to be based on war and games."

-- William S. Burroughs

RazorclawXLS

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #1573 on: 20 July 2019, 05:16:05 »
One thing to keep in mind when it comes to shipping is that different companies have different arrangements with their country's shipping organisations.

So whilst the Game of Armoured Combat shipped right from Catalyst costs too much in shipping, their EU hub puts the shipping far closer to you, and likely has a mass bulk shipping discount (discount's the wrong word, but you get what I'm saying) that would reduce costs at your end by an amount that makes it worth while.

Which is why they need an Oceania hub!!!

BYE

Serbia is relatively close-by and if you take a look at the Shadowrun kickstarter, their shipping was relatively cheap for the European continent.

I don't think you need to worry at all about this Kickstarter having just as ridiculously expensive shipping as the Catalyst Web Store.

Thanks for the replies, fellow mech jockeys. What you wrote makes sense, and is what I am hoping for.

Still my experience with international shipping is varied. I had shipping prices on ebay auctions jump 50% just by choosing my country, instead of say Greece which is an EU country, even though my country is geographically nearer.

I checked Shadowrun kickstarter page, again EU is explicitly mentioned there, and I am not sure if the ballpark prices shown on the page are EU related or not.

RazorclawXLS

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #1574 on: 20 July 2019, 05:17:56 »

This is the best redesign of all done until now, in my opinion. And it brings me joy to no end, me being a Marauder fan to the bone.

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #1575 on: 20 July 2019, 05:21:43 »
For the Warhammer and the Marauder have there been any changes to the design since the first 3D printed prototypes were made? If not then perhaps a repost of those pic might be in order??

H.B.M.C.

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1576 on: 20 July 2019, 05:58:58 »
We need the 3D Warhammer now. It's one of my fav 'Mechs, so I want to see it in all its glory.

And a 3D Ryoken. Need to see what they've done to my all time fav 'Mech.

BYE

Sharpnel

• Colonel
« Reply #1577 on: 20 July 2019, 06:59:43 »
Kickstarter page already has the Whammy IIRC
Consigliere Trygg Bender, CRD-3BL Crusader, The Blazer Mafia
Takehiro 'Taco' Uchimiya, SHD-2H Shadow Hawk 'Taco', Crimson Oasis Trading Company

"Of what use is a dream, if not a blueprint for courageous action" -Adam West
As I get older, I realize that I'm not as good as I once was.
"Life is too short to be living someone else's dream" - Hugh Hefner

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #1578 on: 20 July 2019, 07:07:52 »
Archer and Marauder. No whammy yet

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #1579 on: 20 July 2019, 07:15:21 »
It's tied to a Social Media goal, 1,000 Facebook shares or something like that...

PyreLight

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1580 on: 20 July 2019, 07:43:06 »
Cubby, in case you aren't already aware, the Add-on section doesn't include the Mechwarrior: Legends hardback yet and how much it'll cost. I'd love to increase my pledge so it's included, but as long as I don't know how much you'll charge for it, my hand is reluctant :)

Maingunnery

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Pirates and C3 masters are on the hitlist
« Reply #1581 on: 20 July 2019, 07:45:22 »
Cubby, in case you aren't already aware, the Add-on section doesn't include the Mechwarrior: Legends hardback yet and how much it'll cost. I'd love to increase my pledge so it's included, but as long as I don't know how much you'll charge for it, my hand is reluctant :)
I think that price will depend upon how many Mechs get unlocked.
Herb: "Well, now I guess we'll HAVE to print it. Sounds almost like the apocalypse I've been working for...."

The Society:Fan XTRO & Field Manual
Nebula California: HyperTube Xtreme
Nebula Confederation Ships

DarkSpade

• Major
« Reply #1582 on: 20 July 2019, 07:56:19 »
To save my credit card some grief, my add-ons will be restricted to exclusive items.  I can always get the rest later.
Space Marines are guys who look at a chainsaw and think, “That should be balanced for parrying.”

BlCharger

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1583 on: 20 July 2019, 08:21:10 »
Wakes up and looks at Kickstarter updates

Welp...there goes any idea of keeping my dice buying options limited. I'm a sucker for new dice and the idea of having a complete set of Clan/House dice is too tempting to ignore. Happy early Birthday and Christmas to me.

The poor Piranha gets no love. Everyone keeps proposing this Clan Mech and that Clan Mech. The Piranha was used at Tukayyid by the Diamond Sharks. That's why I proposed replacing the Solitaire with the Piranha in the comments on the Kickstarter page. It makes sense especially with all the Tukayyid map packs being made available,
"The Ghost Bears are one big, happy family. I am the crazy, fun loving aunt." - Star Captain Peri Rand.
"You can't write history without including mankind's incessant need to kill one another." - Dr. Jessica Kimball (Hopefully soon to be my canon character)

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #1584 on: 20 July 2019, 08:27:26 »
I too am a sucker for dice. Someone was selling a full set of the con-exclusive metal ones a while back for $400 and I was much closer to pulling the trigger than I should have been

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Robroy

• Lieutenant
  • Not named, but not gone. Maybe.
« Reply #1585 on: 20 July 2019, 08:37:14 »
Oooohhhh, Clan Wolverine faction pack! Go 800K!!!

* Happy dance * Happy happy joy joy * happy dance *

I had just up from Star Commander to Star Captain when I realized could get that and the extra star/lance packs I want for the same $45. Now it looks like I have a reason to go Bloodname for the faction pack and get the double star/lances.

Warfare is the greatest affair of state, the basis of life and death, the Way (Tao) to survival or extinction. It must be thoroughly pondered and analyzed"-Sun Tzu

"Subjugating the enemy's army without fighting is the true pinnacle of excellence"-Sun Tzu

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #1586 on: 20 July 2019, 08:54:49 »
* Happy dance * Happy happy joy joy * happy dance *

I had just up from Star Commander to Star Captain when I realized could get that and the extra star/lance packs I want for the same $45. Now it looks like I have a reason to go Bloodname for the faction pack and get the double star/lances.

You also have the option of adding to your pledge to buy more dice.
Clan Ghost Bear:  We may not like you, but you're not bothering us, so you may exist.
 If your BA tactics can't be described as shenanigans, you're probably doing it wrong. ^-^ -Weirdo
 <Kojak> Yeah, there's definitely a learning curve with BA, But once you learn how to use 'em well they're addictive,heck, just look at what happened to Foxx ;-)
<Steve_Restless> its YOU who I shouldn't underestimate. I could give you a broom handle and I'd find you sitting on top of the enemy stormcrow, smug surat grin on your face

BlCharger

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1587 on: 20 July 2019, 09:04:09 »
Speaking of buying more dice, an addendum to my prior post. I need a bag to hold that complete set of Clan dice.

Shakes fist at Catalyst
Adds the Clan dice bag to the list of goodies

I think I just heard my bank account whimper.
"The Ghost Bears are one big, happy family. I am the crazy, fun loving aunt." - Star Captain Peri Rand.
"You can't write history without including mankind's incessant need to kill one another." - Dr. Jessica Kimball (Hopefully soon to be my canon character)

Lynx

• Corporal
« Reply #1588 on: 20 July 2019, 09:06:56 »
The poor Piranha gets no love. Everyone keeps proposing this Clan Mech and that Clan Mech. The Piranha was used at Tukayyid by the Diamond Sharks. That's why I proposed replacing the Solitaire with the Piranha in the comments on the Kickstarter page. It makes sense especially with all the Tukayyid map packs being made available,
I like the Piranha. It's a very straight-forward mech with a straight-forward premise.

Unfortunately, it may not be the best.. "introductory" mech to foist on a new player. Sorts of encourage a specific mindset. Otherwise, I'd say dakka away.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #1589 on: 20 July 2019, 09:16:41 »
Lynx-

Salvage boxes will be from the Invasion box and IIRC the first two Clan & IS star/lance boxes.  So with the Salvage boxes you get with your pledge IS Lances, you could end up with more IS mechs.

I want to see proof if someone unboxes a Marauder or Warhammer lol, pics or it did not happen!
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."