Author Topic: The League of Indiscriminate Justice - Suggestions Requested  (Read 1255 times)

Hellraiser

• Colonel
  • Cry Havoc and Unleash the Gods of Fiat.
Hello all,   

I've been in a local campaign for the last 2+ years now & my unit that started out as a single combined arms company has expanded to nearly a full battalion.

I'm looking for some input on where to go with my last few squads.

Much of my current growth came from Salvage but I'm looking at direct Recruitment for the last few positions to fill out the battalion to full strength & interested in your input.

Here is the current roster with pilot skills & basic customization notes

Alpha "Mech" Company  (11 Mechs)

Command Lance:
Rifleman II-3N2  (3/4)  (Customized D-Grade - Electronics for C3 Network)
Gunslinger-2ERD  (3/4)
Stalker-6M  (4/5)
Jagermech-7F  (4/5)

Battle Lance:
Flashman-8K  (3/5)  (Customized C-Grade - Heavy Ferro)
Guillotine-5M  (4/5) 
Wolverine-6M  (3/3)  (Customized F-Grade - Endo, Compact Gyro, TSM)
Wolverine-7M  (4/5)

Striker Lance:
MenShen-OF  (4/5)  (Also Custom JJ/ML Pods)
FireStarter-OB  (3/5)  (Also Custom Plasma/ML Pods)
Hermes-4S  (4/5)

Beta "Vehicle" Company  (9 Combat Vehicles)

Support Platoon:
Ontos-Fusion  (4/5)  (Customized D-Grade - C3M)
Heavy LRM Carrier-Standard  (4/5)  (Customized D-Grade - C3S)
Chaparral-MG  (4/5)

Transport Platoon:
Maxim-Standard  (4/5)  (Customized F-Grade - XL, 12 Ton Cargo)
Regulator-Standard  (4/5)  (Customized B-Grade - LRM15s)
Cavalry-Standard  (4/5)  (Customized F-Grade - XL, 4 Ton Cargo)

Recon Platoon:
Beagle-TAG  (4/5) 
Crow-Dragonfly  (4/5)
Savannah Master-Standard  (4/5)  (Customized F-Grade - XL, TAG)

Gamma "Infantry" Company    (7 Squads)

Heavy Security Platoon:
28 Motorized Infantry  (Lyran Heavy Infantry)  (4/5)

Battle Armor Platoon:
Taranis-Standard  x4  (3/5)
Marauder-Standard  x4  (3/5)
Hauberk-Standard  x6  (4/5)

Now, for what I'm looking at picking up.   Open to suggestions

1.  Mech #12...... 2 Options.......... A fast Light/Medium to fill out the Striker Lance  or  Shift 1 of the Wolverines to the Strikers & then pick up a Medium/Heavy to fill out the Battle Lance.   If Option 2 is chosen,  would the 5-9-8 TSM/IJJ customized 6M be the choice or the 5-10-5 MASC stock 7M be better?

2.  3 Vehicles,  1 per platoon.
          Here I'm thinking Ajax-O,  Schiltron-O,  Alacorn-VI, or another Ontos for the Support Platoon.
          The Transport Platoon could use something like a Bandit-O, Zibler-O, or maybe a Drillson/Fulcrum,  I'm not sure.
          Finally the Recon Platoon might benefit from another fast spotter VTOL.  Maybe a Ferret or Sprint?

3.  For the Infantry company I'm debating adding a 4th/5th squad to the Battle Armor platoon, something with JJ's to deploy from the Cavalry, as well as a full platoon of Jump Infantry.   Though going for a full 2nd platoon of Battle Armor squads might be another option.   Possibly both.

So that is my unit,  built up from 4 squads each of mechs, vehicles, & motorized infantry, over the last 2.5 years or so.

I look forward to hearing any suggestions you might have.

Also, Clan (& TacOps) Tech has recently become available, at roughly double (+50%) the cost of IS Standard Tech respectively.  (Stacking penalties for both)

So while I'm loath to pay for it when the games are BV balanced, I have been looking at some options in those areas.

3041: General Lance Hawkins: The Equalizers
3053: Star Colonel Rexor Kerensky: The Silver Wolves

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo

Iron Grenadier

• Warrant Officer
Re: The League of Indiscriminate Justice - Suggestions Requested
« Reply #1 on: 23 November 2018, 04:27:41 »
How about a Wraith or Stealth for your striker lance? I've always had good luck with those two. And the Stealth has an active probe.

For the vehicles -
Alacorn for the support lance
Either the Bandit, Drillson or Fulcrum for the transport. Can't go wrong with any of those options.
Add a Sprint to the recon platoon

For the infantry -
I'm not a good Battle Armor user - maybe the Achileus? Adding a Jump Platoon sounds awesome.