Author Topic: The Missed Opportunity: Talos Battlemech Question  (Read 1474 times)

BrianDavion

• Captain
Re: The Missed Opportunity: Talos Battlemech Question
« Reply #30 on: 10 April 2024, 17:43:17 »
If they want to "rebuild for Taurian pride", upgraded Talosi would be better choices than SLDF-descended designs. Just retool the medium production lines.

sure but why bother? by this point those 55 tonners have served with distinction for centuries, and are, arguably, better designs.
The Suns will shine again

Starfury

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #31 on: 10 April 2024, 22:19:22 »
The easy availability of the Centurion also makes a refitted Talos a hard sell.  The Taurians build Shadow Hawks, Griffins, Marshals, Clints, and Phoenix Hawks, and also have access to Starslayers and more mediums (and I assume either they or the Calderon Protectorate are rhe source of all of the Hatchetman 5S that suddenly appeared everywhere in the Periphery, because Steiner and Davion have moved onto other variants.)  If they want an Omni Talso, the Avalance would be the best start to draw from, since it has Endo Steel and no expensive engine tech. I'll see what I can come up with over in the Fan Design forum. I do know the popular BTA 3062 mod for HBS Battletech has an upgraded Talos in it.

ArkRoyalRavager

• Major
  • Ravaging the enemies of House Davion
« Reply #32 on: 13 April 2024, 09:52:24 »
sure but why bother? by this point those 55 tonners have served with distinction for centuries, and are, arguably, better designs.

It's just an "if". The current Taurian regime does want to appeal to nationalistic fervour

thesilverback

• Corporal
« Reply #33 on: 02 May 2024, 14:12:15 »
For Nationalism, a Talos 2 would be a great tool.
6th Federated Suns Armored Cavalry (Hillbillies with Guns) - 24/432 - 5.56% painted

ArkRoyalRavager

• Major
  • Ravaging the enemies of House Davion
« Reply #34 on: 03 May 2024, 10:07:26 »
They would be proud to see Talosi serving with Toros in homogenous units once again