Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Fan Fiction / Re: Opalescent Reflections
« Last post by Seydlitz on Today at 12:15:44 »
Clanners have devolved to warcrime babies.  Using the excuse of honor to murder.  Hell, any related to the subject the Ghost Bears had entire class of cadet age siblings commite ritual suicide because they were from a tainted ancientry, reaving them.

A sick sort of justice in the setting for sure in Canon. Just another reason not like Clan culture. Why I think ilClan era is going have some nasty landmines fictional wise to come.

What sibko did the Ghost Bears reave? I don't recall that right off hand.
General BattleTech Discussion / Re: Project Aphrodite
« Last post by ColBosch on Today at 12:14:47 »
To live on Mars, we'd have to genetically modify people to live in the low-Gee, lower air-pressure.

Per a couple of sources, perhaps most notably JHS: Terra, the Western/Terran Alliance/Hegemony *did* do a lot of baseline genetic therapy and anti-viral work. The humans of BattleTech are referred to as Homo sapiens stellaris (IIRC); they are sturdier, healthier, longer-lived, and comfortable in a greater range of planetary conditions. Even before the Star League, the average lifespan on Terra was over 100 years.
« Last post by Daryk on Today at 12:13:45 »
And that day time would last a long time...
Even as an insurance policy it does not make sense.  Penix has the kind of experience he should be starting now.  Not when Cousins gets hurt or in two to four years.  If Cousins were cheaper or Penix younger/less experienced it'd make sense.

But I digress.

Seattle's draft.

It was reasonably solid.  I don't see anything to be disappointed over but I'm not super excited by anyone either.
True sir but Rodger with the Jets how did that turn out. Look at the Packer over the years getting QB and sitting them for two to three years before playing them. But then again some of coaches don't what the heck they doing.
BattleTech Miniatures / Re: CSR Beta Galaxy Kingfisher.
« Last post by Daryk on Today at 12:02:31 »
Amazing paint job, as always! :)
Nah, it effectively reduces the water game to rocket tag between quasi Savannah Master expies (and as an accidental side effect means the existing canon submarine designs, from the Manta & Moray to the Neptune, nonsensible in retrospect

Brown and green water warfare feels very one-note since it ends up boiling down to who has more Submarine Masters with few other tactical considerations.  I tried to rectify this with navy-themed equipment years ago, and while it helped a bit with variety it still fell short (Submarine Master Superiority remained).
Live your bliss man, but I don't see any reason to engage with someone who:
-Doesn't use these rules
-Thinks these rules are perfect

So, you made some changes before. Do you have them posted? How did they change play?
« Last post by Prospernia on Today at 12:00:54 »
To live on Mars, we'd have to genetically modify people to live in the low-Gee, lower air-pressure.

All things considered, a fully terraformed Venus would be a lot more desirable for humans, than a fully terraformed Mars.

But, if humans live in space, (they're the ones that most likely will terraform them), they may not desire living in such high-gravity worlds. (Think the Expanse, so to speak (I hate referencing sci-fi)).

Trying to learn a little more science here; What is the benefit of changing Venus' spin? 
. . .

There's no problem with it rotating, retrograde, for humans. However, it's slow rotation means that with the greenhouse-atmosphere gone and an Earth-like one in its place, temperature-maps put the equator-continent as having a daytime temperature of over 100°C.
BattleTech Miniatures / Re: Winterguard (Non-Battletech)
« Last post by Daryk on Today at 11:59:55 »
Excellent paint jobs, and nice background too! :)
Best is anything you can get.

The Inner-Sphere should by 3055, have integrated some of Clan's technology in their mechs.  War tends to accelerate scientific-growth. 

Including crew and passengers.

Ruger

Preferably, through espionage, or a massive lie in which the Clans were duped into believing. The Inner-Sphere should be good at that; they've been dealing with Periphery-states for centuries.
Strategic Combat / Re: Battleforce Player Aid
« Last post by Zematus737 on Today at 11:50:48 »
Added the following lines to Force Gen:

(Roll once for every 100 pv, adjust skill to finalize)

Aero: 1-2 CF, 3-4 ASF 5-6 Choice or mixed

I have found that the more you add the less option paralysis a new player suffers in their confusion or decision making.  The Lance rolls are fun and lend themselves to very strange match ups that can be fun.  If you lack more diverse RAT's than those found in Total Warfare, you can use those found in the First Succession Wars book that has combat vehicles included.  Updated the 3039 file in the google drive, as it was missing some mechs.  I'd blame the MUL loading issues but the mistakes in not noticing the total number of mechs being off is and was a rookie mistake.  Another file of Star League Introductory Mechs was also added that makes things a little easier.  Such things as VTOL's(v) and WiG's(g) will continue to not have RAT lists and you will just have to decide for yourself what you will like to have or use.  This is better, as your needs will depend on whether you have infantry or not.  As you sort your Lances, you will notice some mechs might go better with others, such as combining several Elements with Jump together to enable jump for the entire BF Unit.  Decide together whether you should require splits and detachments to reform them after the fact or if allowances are to be made for pre-fight reconfigurations.

The roll for every 100 pv may force higher skill levels if you have several Heavy or Assault rolls.  You will find imaginative ways to fit under any PV ceiling.  Figure out what works best for you, but it is a balancing act.  Don't stress out about it and play the skirmish scenario out with someone and enjoy yourselves.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10