Author Topic: Reunification War Info  (Read 24221 times)

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • It's a gator with a nuke, whats the problem.
Re: Reunification War Info
« Reply #120 on: 21 March 2011, 10:47:11 »
I would love to see a list of at least classes of ships that were are part of the big battle.
Walking the fine line between sarcasm and being a smart-ass

Guardsman

• Captain
  • Sang-wei Christopher Vose
« Reply #121 on: 21 March 2011, 13:40:23 »
Even when the populace does rise up, does strike back, try to gin their freedom, it is not treated as anything special. Chesterton rose up against the Davion occupation. But the Feds thinks it’s as loyal a Davion world as any other in their Federation.
Dan "Albatross" Schulz
(
1979 - 8 November 2009)
You won't be forgotten,
You will live on forever,
So long as the internet exists,
We shall remember you, Albatross.
1st Chesterton Guards
Regiment/Veteran/Fanatical
100% Strength | 100% Upgraded

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #122 on: 21 March 2011, 20:19:34 »
I've been re-reading the Star League sourcebook recently, specially in the Reunification War section.   The Star League through massive formations at the Periphery, with Outworlds Alliance facing two Corps (6 Divisions of BattleMechs, not counting other things....) with brigades of Kurita forces.  Alliance only had a regiment worth of Light 'Mechs, a 3-Regiment 'Mech brigade secretly gifted to them from disgruntle nobility of House Davion, and large quanity of anti-'Mech irregular infantry.   They (the Alliance) held them off for five years, with resources being drawn to the Taurian fight.   Its going be interesting how things will be layed out in the Historical.   Using Battle Force? War Chest System like Era Reports?
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

FedComGirl

• Major
« Reply #123 on: 22 March 2011, 06:00:19 »
You're more than welcome to. I'll maintain that the long history of Battletech (even including Amaris ruling over the Hegemony) shows uprisings/populace resistance as the exception rather than the rule. On the rest, judging again by the tone, I don't see much point in trying to argue with you. A number of reasonable suggestions have already been presented as to why those worlds chose the path they did. You don't seem to agree with them, as you have a different perception of the loyalty planets generally (but not exclusively) show towards former ruling nations. That's an opinion you're more than entitled to hold, regardless of whether I agree with it. I'd only suggest that there's a great deal more canon precedent for the sheeple angle, though there are of course exceptions. Not much reason to argue about it, or for the sarcastic attacks.

In reality, should there be a lot more uprisings being dealt with? Probably. In the context of the Battletech setting as it has been defined to this point? They're not common enough to be considered the standard response.

That ignores quite a lot of cannon including the entire reunification war Free Skye Separatists. The Rasalhague Republic.  The Ronin Wars, The Verthandi Revolutionary Council and many many more groups.  Even Amaris had to fight entire planetary militias when to took over. Canon says there's always been those who aren't loyal to a house fighting their take over as well as those who are and keep fighting even when the house stops.

If you think I'm making sarcastic attacks in pointing out that canon has plenty of movements that grow all the way to  large scale wars with groups fighting against being forced to join one group or another but fighting for independence from them as well, I'm sorry. I'm not the one putting bias on people's shoulders or picking a fight.  Canon is pretty clear that people resents invaders and that every house has had to deal with separatists. Yes sheeple exist but its clear not everyone is sheeple. So if there is an answer as to why those worlds that had been loyal to houses joined the republic without even a protest march, please point it out for me.