Author Topic: San Diego Alpha Strike: Early Jihad Campaign, Track 4  (Read 2804 times)

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
Hello again from San Diego! :)  Our group got through Track 4 of our campaign this weekend.  The most difficult challenge for the players yet: create disruption at the local spaceport (controlled by the FWL and Word of Blake).  For the first time minefields and hidden units were brought in to play for the defense.  The players were able to deploy up to 50% of their available force.  The defense was made up of a mix of infantry, battle armor, tanks, and BattleMechs, with gun and missile bunkers to back them up, plus the minefields.  Oh, and some ECM towers just for fun. >:D

The objectives: take out the two coolant towers, find and destroy the communications building, and eliminate a number of the ECM towers.  Even with the stout defense, the players were still able to achieve the majority of their objectives.  The only thing they missed was the communications building.  They did put the hurt on the opposition forces, but not without taking some heavy damage themselves.  Not too many casualties, but plenty of armor to fix. Game went longer than I planned as well.  My fault for deploying way too much infantry and battle armor.  While my players went with it, they did comment afterwards that it was a bit much.  We're all still learning Alpha Strike as we go here, so bound to make some mistakes along the way.  Overall, a good time was had, which is the point of it all anyway.

Pictures are attached of the gameplay.  First batch is the pre-game layout.  The rest are from Turn 1 on.  Thanks for reading and enjoy the viewing. :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: 26 May 2019, 22:35:06 by Valkerie »
There is no avoiding war; it can only be postponed to the advantage of others.   -Machiavelli

Greetings, Mechwarrior!  You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against...Oops, wrong universe.  -unknown SLDF Recruiter

Because overkill is underrated my friend.  -John "Hannibal" Smith

Unit/Scheme of the Month Master Index

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
Re: San Diego Alpha Strike: Early Jihad Campaign, Track 4
« Reply #1 on: 26 May 2019, 22:25:03 »
Yup, that's a Leopard showing up on Turn 2 to drop off some Word of Blake forces (not painted to match of course  ;) )
There is no avoiding war; it can only be postponed to the advantage of others.   -Machiavelli

Greetings, Mechwarrior!  You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against...Oops, wrong universe.  -unknown SLDF Recruiter

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #2 on: 26 May 2019, 22:28:04 »
A few more.

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #3 on: 26 May 2019, 22:34:46 »
And the last batch.  I like the lonely Ostscout looking on. :)