Author Topic: Technical Readout: Clan Invasion - 11 December 2020 (v3.0)  (Read 7308 times)

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
This thread is for all issues and problems with Technical Readout: Clan Invasion.

Product Link: https://store.catalystgamelabs.com/products/battletech-technical-readout-clan-invasion

Current errata version is 3.0, and can be found here:
https://bg.battletech.com/errata/

Please remember to follow the errata report template when reporting issues.  Thanks.
« Last Edit: 11 December 2020, 18:26:16 by Xotl »
3028-3057 Random Assignment Tables -
Also contains faction deployment & rarity info.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=1219.0

mbear

• Stood Far Back When The Gravitas Was Handed Out
  • Major
    • Tower of Jade
Re: Technical Readout: Clan Invasion
« Reply #1 on: 06 August 2019, 09:53:43 »
TRO: Clan Invasion(1), First PDF printing
page 5 "Introduction", 4th paragraph

Incorrect:
Finally, I have enclosed several of the "so-called" Project Phoenix 'Mechs...

Correct:
Finally, I have enclosed several of the so-called "Project Phoenix" 'Mechs...

"so-called" isn't an abbreviation or commonly understood nickname the way "Project Phoenix" is.

(1) The PDF I reviewed is from https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/282218/BattleTech-Technical-Readout-Clan-Invasion?src=hottest so this errata may not be valid.
Be the Loremaster:

Battletech transport rules take a very feline approach to moving troops in a combat zone: If they fits, they ships.

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your BT experience. Now what? (Thanks Sartis!)

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
Re: Technical Readout: Clan Invasion - 6 December 2019 (v2.0)
« Reply #2 on: 06 December 2019, 14:50:14 »
The next printing is off to the printers, so the initial errata release has been uploaded to the main errata page.

Alfaryn

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: 26 December 2019, 14:17:00 »
I. Summary

If TRO Clan Invasion "inherited" the problems with Kingfisher from TRO 3058U described in the "Detailed Explanation" section of this post (bellow), then you need to make the following changes:

1. Change to both TRO Clan Invasion and the current errata document for it:

Kingfisher (p. 73)
Under “Alternate Configuration H”, under the second Double Heat Sink listing change the number of Critical spaces from 6 to 4 and Tonnage from 3 to 2. The upcoming reprint will likely also require changing "3 Double Heat Sinks" to "2 Double Heat Sinks" in that line.

2. Change to TRO Clan Invasion only:

Kingfisher (p. 72 or 73):
Under "Weigh and Space Allocation" change both instances of "Double Heat Sinks" to "Double Heat Sink".

--------------------------------

II. Detailed Explanation

II.a First change

From the 2019-12-06-v2.0 version of the errata document:

Kingfisher (p. 73)
Under “Alternate Configuration H”, change the second Heat Sink listing from 2 Double Heat Sinks to 3 Double Heat Sinks.

I believe the above erreatum may be incorrect. I don't have TRO: Clan Invasion, but I do have the 2006 FanPro edition of TRO 3058U which has entries for some of the same 'Mechs (including Kingfisher). In that TRO the second Heat Sink listing under Alternate Configuration H of Kingfisher is as follows:

2 Double Heat Sinks | (Location) RT | (Critical) 6 | (Tonnage) 3

This is obviously incorrect, as two Clan double heat sinks take up 4 Critical slots and weigh 2 tons, but at the same time the total mass of pod-mounted equipment listed for this configuration is 25 tons, while Kingfisher has only 24 tons of pod space available.

II.b Second change

In Weight and Space Allocation section both Right Leg and Left Leg lines list "Double Heat Sinks". They should list "Double Heat Sink" instead, since each leg has only enough free critical slots for one Clan DHS, and because Kingfisher has 17 fixed DHSs, and 360-rated engine, which, according to TM p. 53, means that it should have only 17 - (360/25 rouged up) = 3 fixed DHSs. One of them is listed in Right Torso, so both Right Leg and Left Leg should have one fixed DHS each.

Of course since the above corrections are based on an old, out of print TRO, which I only suspect may have an identical stats for the Kingfisher, I'm not entirely sure if the same correction applies to TRO: Clan Invasion, and I would be grateful if someone who has access to TRO: CI checked them for me.

Regarding the first change, I believe that the error in the errata document (if it indeed an error) might have been caused by the fact that the record sheet of the Alternate Configuration H of the Kingfisher should list three, not two, Double Heat Sinks in the right torso. But this is because one of them is fixed, not pod mounted, and as such is listed in the Weigh and Space Allocation section of the TRO entry dealing with fixed equipment and critical slots, and not under the Alternate Configuration H.

Finally a word for moderators and everyone else who doesn't like seeing anything that isn't strictly an errata report in the errata thread. Sorry for posting the "Detailed explanation" section at all. I'm aware that as a general rule we are not supposed to discuss errata outside of the Errata Discussion Thread, but since I based my report on an outdated book, I decided to include it both to make it easier for Battletech veterans who own TRO: CI to check if the above report is correct and to let newer players know that this particular report may not be in fact applicable to TRO: CI at all. I plan to delete the entire "Detailed explanation" section (and appropriate parts of the "Summary" section) as soon as someone who owns TRO: CI lets me know which problems I listed above are in fact applicable to TRO Clan Invasion.
« Last Edit: 29 December 2019, 09:08:04 by Alfaryn »

Lone-Wolf

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #4 on: 01 March 2020, 11:02:52 »
What about the Hammer Battlemech?

According to sarna it was in TR 3055 and TR 3055 Upgrade but I could not find it in this readout.
(I admit that I looked for it because it was mentioned in the entry of the Anvil Battlemech.)

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
Re: Technical Readout: Clan Invasion - 11 December 2020 (v3.0)
« Reply #5 on: 11 December 2020, 18:26:46 »
The errata has been updated to reflect the upcoming third printing.  This just involved correcting the heat sink issue on the Kingfisher.

EDIT: A fourth printing has just been finalized.  This does not add any new errata.
« Last Edit: 02 June 2021, 12:55:45 by Xotl »

ShroudedSciuridae

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #6 on: 21 September 2022, 10:29:49 »
p. 10

"[Star Commander Lesa] is part of a recon Star in the Fourteenth Scorpion Cuirassiers."
Issue: No such unit, or at least one never detailed before.
Correction: Change unit.  The majority of the Eridani abtakha were "merged into two light Clusters" (Wars of Reaving, p. 192). But others scattered every which way, with the 22nd Scorpion Uhlans absorbing at least Warrior Linda of necrosia sipping fame so there's seemingly no restrictions on the "correct" unit.
« Last Edit: 21 September 2022, 20:06:02 by ShroudedSciuridae »
"Assassinating" the Clan commander's goldfish is hardly the stuff of legend.

Madness Divine

• Recruit
« Reply #7 on: 05 December 2022, 21:13:37 »
Working from 2019 PDF version, so these may have already been dealt with:

pp. 130–131: article header states BSW-S2 but stats are for the BSW-X1

pp. 186–187: article header states MR-5M but stats are for the MR-V2

ShroudedSciuridae

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #8 on: 23 December 2022, 17:42:35 »
p. 96, Battle Hawk

Issue: Continuity error effecting TRO: Clan Invasion (continued from inactive 3058 TROs), MUL, and BattleCorps scenario Scapegoats

Battle Hawk has a MUL into date of 3053, likely informed by p. 96's Yana Gilmor entry and the Knights of St Cameron resupply. TRO fluff references an undated battle when the Battle Hawk was still in prototype stage.  Scapegoats dates that battle to 23 Feb 3055 and again references their prototype status.

Correction: Two possibilities.  The first is easier but harder to disseminate since Scapegoats is unlikely to be reprinted; adjust Scapegoats to 3052 or 3053.  The second is easier to propagate but adjusts MUL and TRO:CI Yana Gilmor entry to 3055. This conflicts slightly with the Knights of St. Cameron rearming in 3053 but nothing I'm aware of says they stopped supplying ’Mechs after arriving at Crimond. The change also doesn't conflict with any RATs, and is also supported by the now-apocryphal Mech Magazine Vol. 2 #8, p. 23 which discusses the new Battle Hawk in a 9 October 3055 article.

ShroudedSciuridae

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #9 on: 24 January 2024, 07:12:11 »
Corrected Second Printing, PDF. Checked against Errata 3.0

Page 134, Major Charles DuVaul
Issue: Not sure who these Word of Bake guys are but they sound awesome and delicious. Typo carried over from TRO3055U.
Correction: Replace with Word of Blake
« Last Edit: 24 January 2024, 07:14:04 by ShroudedSciuridae »

Register