Author Topic: Brian Cache home of the 331st and the Not-Named-Clan  (Read 62698 times)

schmitt28

• Master Sergeant
Re: Brian Cache home of the 331st and the Not-Named-Clan
« Reply #60 on: 30 September 2011, 19:20:51 »
Next year at GenCon we'll give Herb a chorus!

I am willing.
Foster's Australian for beer.

331st Royal Battlemech Division, The Minnesota Tribe
Omega Galaxy Clan Jade Falcon
Gray Death Legion

schmitt28

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #61 on: 30 September 2011, 19:22:52 »
Hopefully after tomorrow, when I get a bottle of future, I can finish some of my Minnesota Tribe minis and post them. So, be on the lookout.

Gray Death Legion

Stormlion1

• Colonel
  • Apparently Im a rare survivor of the 1st!
« Reply #62 on: 30 September 2011, 21:28:44 »
Remember your only allowed to give Herb a chorus if you all have the outfits.  ;)
I don't set an example for others. I make examples of them.

Hotpoint

• Master Sergeant
  • Rumours of annihilation are grossly exaggerated
« Reply #63 on: 01 October 2011, 05:22:24 »
Remember your only allowed to give Herb a chorus if you all have the outfits.  ;)

"Tonight we are here to commemorate the 150th anniversary of our declaration of independence from the Clans, and in honour of this momentous occasion ... we're having ribs!"

Who gets to be the Wolverine Number One incidentally?
"A dread fear rests deep in the heart of Clan Coyote that one day a lawyer will arrive on Tamaron talking about intellectual property rights, the Mercury II and the Coyotl omnimech and this will herald the end of the Clan as the Not-Named sue their asses into bankruptcy for patent infringement" - The True History of the Clans (Dark Caste Press: 3050)

Hunted Tribes - Hotpoint's Battlestar/Battletech Crossover Series

schmitt28

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #64 on: 01 October 2011, 14:00:42 »
What do you mean outfits?  Since our time in the deep periphery we have encountered and eradicated countless alien races. We also assimilated some, and there fore no longer require the things you humans call clothes!

Gray Death Legion

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #65 on: 01 October 2011, 15:12:03 »
You might not require clothes but it can get chilly at times, so I'd like nice robes with the wolverine logo on it.

schmitt28

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #66 on: 01 October 2011, 20:06:32 »
I thi fluff states flight suits with patches.

Gray Death Legion

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #67 on: 01 October 2011, 21:29:37 »
Let me guess, Tan and Brown, or possibly Yellow and Blue?  :D

schmitt28

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #68 on: 02 October 2011, 08:27:17 »
Maw probably just green jumpsuits with wolverine and Minnesota Tribe patches like the Lancelot pilot.

Gray Death Legion

schmitt28

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #69 on: 05 October 2011, 19:12:16 »
Maw probably just green jumpsuits with wolverine and Minnesota Tribe patches like the Lancelot pilot.

This sounds like a good halloween costume. I wonder if I can get the patches made reasonably. Any one know a decent priced online patch maker?

Gray Death Legion

Hotpoint

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #70 on: 06 October 2011, 04:31:59 »

The Wolverine clothing from Blake Documents isn't bad.

http://www.classicbattletech.com/downloads/BlakeDocuments_Page_118.pdf
"A dread fear rests deep in the heart of Clan Coyote that one day a lawyer will arrive on Tamaron talking about intellectual property rights, the Mercury II and the Coyotl omnimech and this will herald the end of the Clan as the Not-Named sue their asses into bankruptcy for patent infringement" - The True History of the Clans (Dark Caste Press: 3050)

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #71 on: 06 October 2011, 09:44:58 »

Thats what I'm talking about! A good mix of uniform and robes to give their own distinct dress code.

Lazarus Jaguar

• Captain
  • Stop! Hammer Time!
« Reply #72 on: 06 October 2011, 13:03:06 »

This image has always made me wonder:

Why does the course they're talking about around teh map go away from the Inner Sphere after the stop in Canopian Space.....
You know, I love that every day in Japan is like a very peaceful game of RIFTs. - MadCapellan

around here, April Fools day is Serious! Business!

Hotpoint

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #73 on: 06 October 2011, 13:19:00 »
This image has always made me wonder:

Why does the course they're talking about around teh map go away from the Inner Sphere after the stop in Canopian Space.....

Well somebody had to head off rimwards to go fight the aliens.  :P

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #74 on: 06 October 2011, 21:03:38 »
It could be a picture of the Star League-in-Exile setting their course for their escape from the Clans, before they were wiped out by Nicky K, joined the WoB, got captured by Brain Slugs and put to work in the Slurm mines, or off fighting aliens. The date adds context and we don't know the date represented in the pic.

wolfcannon

• Lieutenant
    • wolfcannon's photobucket album
« Reply #75 on: 07 October 2011, 08:53:19 »
A Mckenna, two Texas's, A Vincent, a Whirlwind, and at least four unknowns. a more or less complete list of warships is in a Aerospace thread stickied at the top.

@stromlion can you provide the link?
Daniels Avenger                Clan Coyote
General Jennifer Daniels    Galaxy Commander Jim Skyes
                                        Omicron Galaxy
Clan Wolf in Exile
328th Assault Cluster(the Lion Hearted)
Star Captain James Sword

Stormlion1

• Colonel

schmitt28

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #77 on: 08 October 2011, 06:57:07 »
It could be a picture of the Star League-in-Exile setting their course for their escape from the Clans, before they were wiped out by Nicky K, joined the WoB, got captured by Brain Slugs and put to work in the Slurm mines, or off fighting aliens. The date adds context and we don't know the date represented in the pic.

Definitely committing mass genocide against alien races as the Star League in Exile. ;D

Gray Death Legion

schmitt28

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #78 on: 16 October 2011, 10:03:58 »
Anyone have the Wolverine touman as of the time of Annihilation? Also, I just had a genius idea, why not a source book entitled Annihilation? That would sell.

Gray Death Legion

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #79 on: 16 October 2011, 10:15:31 »
Don't think its ever been told, couldn't have been more than a few Clusters of Wolverines about that time. It was only a year and a half after Operation Klondike after all, so I'm guessing maybe, just maybe 6-8 Clusters of Wolverines-a little more than a Galaxy, if you count the original 40, there auxilleries and whomever they adopted from the Rasmussen Elite, Kerensky Dominion, and the L'Isle des Aigles forces as well as whomever they trained after Klondike. And thats being optomistic. It could have been as few as 4 Clusters in total with equipment scrounged up and non-warriors piloting mechs as part of the Minnesota Tribe.

Hotpoint

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #80 on: 16 October 2011, 10:35:15 »
Don't think its ever been told, couldn't have been more than a few Clusters of Wolverines about that time. It was only a year and a half after Operation Klondike after all, so I'm guessing maybe, just maybe 6-8 Clusters of Wolverines-a little more than a Galaxy, if you count the original 40, there auxilleries and whomever they adopted from the Rasmussen Elite, Kerensky Dominion, and the L'Isle des Aigles forces as well as whomever they trained after Klondike. And thats being optomistic. It could have been as few as 4 Clusters in total with equipment scrounged up and non-warriors piloting mechs as part of the Minnesota Tribe.

According to  Betrayal of Ideals after Barbados the Wolverines had two clusters of warriors left. The Minnesota Tribe engaged the Draconic Combine on Svelvik with nearly a regiment's worth of troops so some of the mechs probably were piloted by civilians. The Tribe later pinned down two battalions of Dracs on Jarrett with aerospace fighters so they must have still had a decent number of them too. 

Jaim Magnus

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Assisting you and your enemies equally.
« Reply #81 on: 16 October 2011, 12:21:15 »
Anyone have the Wolverine touman as of the time of Annihilation? Also, I just had a genius idea, why not a source book entitled Annihilation? That would sell.

No list for the toumans of that time exist, though they should have been small.
BattleCorps - Righteous Fury, Sorrow of Eden, Lady of Steel, I Was Lost, Forsaken : Legacy - The Forgotten Places : Shrapnel - Scavenger's Blood : ELH Chronicles - View from the Ground : Shrapnel - It Ends in Fire, Picking the Bones

wolfcannon

• Lieutenant
    • wolfcannon's photobucket album
« Reply #82 on: 23 October 2011, 02:26:47 »
in BOI we are given Alpha Galaxy, Beta Galaxy.   i believe only Beta is ever given its units
Daniels Avenger                Clan Coyote
General Jennifer Daniels    Galaxy Commander Jim Skyes
                                        Omicron Galaxy
Clan Wolf in Exile
328th Assault Cluster(the Lion Hearted)
Star Captain James Sword

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #83 on: 31 October 2011, 15:30:43 »
Facts:

* Not-Named aka 331st Royal Battlemech Division of V Corps SLDF.
* As a Royal, they are of Terran Hegemony birth.
* Again, as a Royal, they have the best equipment available, mostly the b variant and as of OP:K, the SLE variants as well.

* Speculation: They may have some of the RWR refits that have been taken as salvage from the H:RW, upgraded to SL-tech.

* Historical Fact: In battles from 2853 onwards V Corps units may Bank Initiative. In battles from 2853 onwards V Corps may select its own home edge in any battle in which it is the attacker. Historical: Reunification War, p. 181, "The Star League"

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #84 on: 03 November 2011, 22:12:54 »
Really doesn't work. The Wolverines were made up of mechs they had that were with them from Klondike and what they gained afterwords, and they could have come from anyplace.

Jaim Magnus

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Assisting you and your enemies equally.
« Reply #85 on: 03 November 2011, 22:15:19 »
* Historical Fact: In battles from 2853 onwards V Corps units may Bank Initiative. In battles from 2853 onwards V Corps may select its own home edge in any battle in which it is the attacker. Historical: Reunification War, p. 181, "The Star League"

That'd be a neat trick, as that was after the fall of the Star League.  Heck, it was after the Wolverine Annihilation.
BattleCorps - Righteous Fury, Sorrow of Eden, Lady of Steel, I Was Lost, Forsaken : Legacy - The Forgotten Places : Shrapnel - Scavenger's Blood : ELH Chronicles - View from the Ground : Shrapnel - It Ends in Fire, Picking the Bones

The Hawk

• Warrant Officer
  • Have talons, will travel.
« Reply #86 on: 06 November 2011, 13:55:13 »
A Mckenna, two Texas's, A Vincent, a Whirlwind, and at least four unknowns. a more or less complete list of warships is in a Aerospace thread stickied at the top.

Point of order: Michigan is never identified in BoI as being a Texas.  I seem to recall a discussion on the old forums that confirmed that whoever put it on the master list as a Texas did so based on it sharing a U.S. state name (and being flagship during the Clan's flight), but neither BoI nor any other source specifically states as much.  Having done some research on the subject I'll quote my own material for the historical WarShip project I was working on:

Assuming it to have been the same ship across all of its appearances, the Michigan is one of the Star League's most storied vessels.  Winner of the 2nd Martial Olympiad (2644).  Observed by General Kerensky and First Lord Richard Cameron II during a meeting in the General's quarters in 2757.  Evidently survived to accompany the Exodus fleet, it later appears as the Clan Wolverine flagship during the Wolverine Annihilation.  In that capacity, it fought at the Battle of Barbados and was probably (but not explicitly) destroyed, albeit only after damaging four ships, including breaking the keel of the Hunter's Pride.  Despite these many appearances, the class of the vessel is never established; there is a reasonable argument to be made that it belongs to the Texas-class, sharing as it does the name of a U.S. state.  It is also possible that these references are to more than one ship bearing the same name, although the Star League does not seem to have often recycled vessel names.

However, consider the following as well (also mine) taking into account KLONDIKE:

The Texas class presents an interesting case, in that the precise number of hulls that survived the Star League era is ostensibly known; TR3057 states that "Only seven… survived to depart with the Exodus fleet, and two of these were destroyed in the Exodus Civil War.  The remaining five have been renovated and serve as command vessels for several Clans."  Veiled Huntress, Ancestral Home, Nicholas Kerensky, Falcon's Nest and Mountbatten comprise these five.  This does not, however, account for the Prinz Eugen, the Perth, or the Wolverine vessel Bismark featured in Betrayal of Ideals.  Assuming the TR3057 entry to be accurate, the necessary implication is that some of these vessels must be the same hulls under different names.  Since Prinz Eugen, Mountbatten, and Bismark still bear their Star League designations, one of the other four Clan vessels is likely Perth.  On the other hand, since bringing the numbers into line in this fashion means that Perth was captured rather than destroyed, and since the Bismark was not destroyed, and since neither of these two Texases were truly "destroyed in the Exodus Civil War", and since counting Prinz Eugen the number of surviving vessels is still six rather than five, the TR3057 entry may be suspect.

Ergo, Michigan being a Texas throws the TR3057 quote into even more suspicion; my conclusion, therefore, is that it is of some other class.
« Last Edit: 07 November 2011, 08:31:46 by The Hawk »

Hawkeye Jim

• Captain
  • I'm small but sneaky
« Reply #87 on: 06 November 2011, 18:24:39 »
Wasn't the Prinz Eugen used as a prison ship? Which means it was either captured intact from either the Wolverines or Widowmakers, or was never in their possesion in the first place.

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #88 on: 06 November 2011, 20:02:41 »
My money is on the Prinz Eugen was in mothballs until the creation of the Clans and Nicky K made it the Prison Ship of the Clans.

The Hawk

• Warrant Officer
  • Have talons, will travel.
« Reply #89 on: 07 November 2011, 08:46:58 »
Whoops, fixed that formatting issue.

Chances seem excellent that the Prinz Eugen was never placed in frontline service by any Clan due to the stigma attached therewith.  It's possible that some reference to the ship suggests that it was being used as a prison vessel prior to the Second Exodus, but I don't specifically know of such a quote.  (Pg. 61 of WoR doesn't say this exactly but does indicate that the ship hadn't been repaired since the Exodus, which would be consistent with it never being used in combat.)

In any event, it doesn't resolve the problem with the TR3057 quote, since Veiled Huntress, Ancestral Home, Nicholas Kerensky, Falcon's Nest and Mountbatten account for the five surviving vessels, but we know Prinz Eugen is still out there and operating (at least until the events of WoR).