Author Topic: Doubling down of the dead  (Read 2830 times)

Drewbacca

• Major
  • What could have been...
Doubling down of the dead
« on: 27 July 2019, 04:05:15 »
Call me weird but my faction of choice has pretty much always been and always will be the Terran Hegemony. Since I have chosen on faction thst is impossible for all intents and purposes to play, why not go for another. So I have decided to double my bets and back the Not-Named.

Crazy I known, so lets hear your take on why I should or should not back the Wolverines.

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
Re: Doubling down of the dead
« Reply #1 on: 27 July 2019, 04:33:38 »
If you're a fan of the Not-Named Clan, it provides flexibility.  Depending on what rumours you believe, it can make you a Minnesota Tribe fan and even a WoB fan by default.  Lots of branching off.

Or at least it declares you as an anti-Nicky K fan.  Or would that be a Nicky K anti-fan.   
Playing Guitar On My YouTube Channel:
Current cover tune: "The Wind Cries Mary" (by Jimi Hendrix)
https://youtu.be/m6a8wZiCsjM?si=0w7tVOgk7yylNv6a

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: 27 July 2019, 07:42:54 »
Wolverines have a high SL tech base combined with early Clan tech. This is pseudo-Clan tech so not as overpowered but better than regular.

As Rebs pointed out: makes you a rebel of society. Nicky K was god and you defied his rule because quite frankly his a power hungry nut  job. You defied the power struggle in the Homeworlds because it was wrong. You told off people for doing things they blamed you do first! You defended your family over society. And you didn’t get down and beg at the table for scraps: you fought even when backed into a corner.

The fact that their fate is ‘unknown’ Gives you a LOT of flexibility. Are you Imperious escorpio? Are you Word if Blake? Are you your own faction out in the Periphery? Design your own fate!

Also because ‘WOLVERINES!!!!!’

Drewbacca

• Major
« Reply #3 on: 30 July 2019, 14:36:03 »
I just noticed something. I am not sure if it is canon or not, but Camospecs says the Wolverines color schemes were blue and yellow or green with blue and yellow highlights. According to one source book, the Terran Hegemony logo was a bright yellow sun surrounded by nine planets the third of which is colored vivid blue and green.

It is fate. ;D

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #4 on: 30 July 2019, 15:39:01 »
I just noticed something. I am not sure if it is canon or not, but Camospecs says the Wolverines color schemes were blue and yellow or green with blue and yellow highlights.

hmmm

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Drewbacca

• Major
« Reply #5 on: 30 July 2019, 16:25:52 »
That is the image I used to paint my Wolverine star. I guess it is Canon then.😊

Robroy

• Lieutenant
  • Not named, but not gone. Maybe.
« Reply #6 on: 30 July 2019, 17:09:25 »
It is also in the source books that the Minnesota Tribe was using SLDF colors and tactics. So lot of greens.

Warfare is the greatest affair of state, the basis of life and death, the Way (Tao) to survival or extinction. It must be thoroughly pondered and analyzed"-Sun Tzu

"Subjugating the enemy's army without fighting is the true pinnacle of excellence"-Sun Tzu

Drewbacca

• Major
« Reply #7 on: 31 July 2019, 03:18:50 »
It is also in the source books that the Minnesota Tribe was using SLDF colors and tactics. So lot of greens.

yeah , i just had a great idea for a challenging paint scheme. I just need more mechs.

Robroy

• Lieutenant
« Reply #8 on: 31 July 2019, 04:05:50 »
I like the black and brown myself. Saw it on a Pulverizer and loved it. Now it can't get the image to load.

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=60321.msg1383435#msg1383435
« Last Edit: 31 July 2019, 06:09:48 by Robroy »

Warfare is the greatest affair of state, the basis of life and death, the Way (Tao) to survival or extinction. It must be thoroughly pondered and analyzed"-Sun Tzu

"Subjugating the enemy's army without fighting is the true pinnacle of excellence"-Sun Tzu

Drewbacca

• Major
« Reply #9 on: 31 July 2019, 04:07:45 »
That does look good.

Robroy

• Lieutenant
« Reply #10 on: 31 July 2019, 04:25:40 »
As to your OP. Some of my favorite factions.
Hells Horse, and House Davion. But the others.
Wolverine, Nova Cat, FedCom, and The Star League 1st, and 2nd.
Then there is the Taurian Concordat, which technically is still around, is its own special dumpster fire.

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • The Temple Grounds - My Roleplaying and History website
« Reply #11 on: 31 July 2019, 23:35:23 »
IIRC, the implication between the novels and the few hints in the sourcebooks about them is that the group of survivors that became 'the Minnesota Tribe' was using hardware pulled last minute from the 'lost' Brian Cache on Circe, which had been storing mechs from the 331st Royal Battlemech Division. so the use of SLDF green would be them just not repainting the hardware they'd found. would also help explain why the Combine didn't see any unknown designs (like Mercury II's, Stag's, or Pulverizers) in use by the tribe, since in the novels it is also claimed that only second line units escaped with the civilians.

Robroy

• Lieutenant
« Reply #12 on: 01 August 2019, 03:50:56 »
That is definitely possible, but what paint scheme they end up using is anybody's guess as IIRC, in BoI someone says something to the effect of them not being clan or SLDF anymore.

Drewbacca

• Major
« Reply #13 on: 01 August 2019, 06:11:31 »
Yes, now they are Unaffiliated, just like the hegemony.  :))

Stormlion1

• Colonel
  • Apparently Im a rare survivor of the 1st!
« Reply #14 on: 05 August 2019, 17:30:10 »
I like the black and brown myself. Saw it on a Pulverizer and loved it. Now it can't get the image to load.

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=60321.msg1383435#msg1383435

I like to think this is the Khans Keshik and Sakhans scheme myself, with the book cover being the Alpha Galaxy scheme, a inverted version of it being the Beta Galaxy Scheme. Zeta probably had simple OD to start with or some other unofficial scheme.
I don't set an example for others. I make examples of them.

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
« Reply #15 on: 05 August 2019, 19:24:53 »
It’s a good scheme but not one I favor for the Wolverines personally. I do like the blue and yellow, but totally agree the SLDF scheme would be more appropriate for the second line machines.
« Last Edit: 05 August 2019, 19:27:12 by Tyler Jorgensson »

Stormlion1

• Colonel
  • Apparently Im a rare survivor of the 1st!
« Reply #16 on: 05 August 2019, 19:53:37 »
It’s a good scheme but not one I favor for the Wolverines personally. I do like the blue and yellow, but totally agree the SLDF scheme would be more appropriate for the second line machines.

I can see the old Olive Drab being a favored scheme, but it would quickly turn into a issue of multiple Clan's desiring its use to a degree that it would actually become a forbidden scheme pretty quick. Too many trials which leads to waste. So for a short term scheme sure, but the various Clan's would need a dedicated paint scheme for each Galaxy quickly.
I don't set an example for others. I make examples of them.