Author Topic: Upcoming Releases XVI: Jardine Grand Tour  (Read 123565 times)

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Kid in the puddle eating mud of CGL contributors
    • Master Unit List
Re: Upcoming Releases XVI: Jardine Grand Tour
« Reply #90 on: 03 June 2020, 17:12:22 »
I was far too young to get/have the attention span for BT in the BattleTechnology days and a broke teenager during in the mechforce quarterly days so it will be nice to get shrapnel in print

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #91 on: 03 June 2020, 18:10:27 »
That's a LOT of pages... not sure what the premium will be for POD...

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #92 on: 03 June 2020, 18:16:05 »
Question: Is there only going to be more than issues of Shrapnel beyond the four that were announced?
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #93 on: 03 June 2020, 18:26:37 »
That's a LOT of pages... not sure what the premium will be for POD...

Divided we fall was $10 and a novel is $14 so... $12?  I’m guessing the vast majority of distribution will be digital

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #94 on: 03 June 2020, 18:27:51 »
Are Shrapnel's pages novel-sized, or source book-sized?  ???

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #95 on: 03 June 2020, 19:24:56 »
Just by eyeballing they’re too narrow and tall to be sourcebook

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #96 on: 03 June 2020, 19:34:33 »
Makes sense... kind of weird to have a magazine that size, though...

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #97 on: 03 June 2020, 19:38:05 »
Question: Is there only going to be more than issues of Shrapnel beyond the four that were announced?

Question- does it make a reasonable profit?  If yes, then yes . . . If no, then no . . . which was disclosed as the situation either in the KS itself or AMAs.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #98 on: 03 June 2020, 20:15:39 »
I will definitely be picking up the POD version.  I've read a little of the PDF copy and it's been a joy.  If they keep this up I will be more than happy to subscribe.
There is no avoiding war; it can only be postponed to the advantage of others.   -Machiavelli

Greetings, Mechwarrior!  You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against...Oops, wrong universe.  -unknown SLDF Recruiter

Because overkill is underrated my friend.  -John "Hannibal" Smith

Unit/Scheme of the Month Master Index

beachhead1985

• Major
  • 1st SOG; SLDF. "McKenna's Marauders"
    • Kilroy's Wall
« Reply #99 on: 03 June 2020, 20:27:18 »
Cubby already said it was fixed I think.

Roger that.

Probably on Amazon.ca's end not, if anything.
Epitaph on an Army of Mercenaries

These, in the day when heaven was falling,      Their shoulders held the sky suspended;
The hour when earth's foundations fled,         They stood, and earth's foundations stay;
Followed their mercenary calling,               What God abandoned, these defended,
And took their wages, and are dead.             And saved the sum of things for pay.

A.E. Housman

Sigil

• Lieutenant
« Reply #100 on: 04 June 2020, 02:34:33 »
Makes sense... kind of weird to have a magazine that size, though...

Shrapnel is the Reader's Digest of the BT Universe  >:D

Frabby

• Major
« Reply #101 on: 04 June 2020, 02:35:17 »
Seeing how I've already paid for the PDF I am really torn on wether or not to put money down again for the PoD.

Cubby, do you think there is any possibility for upgrading the KS Shrapnel pledges from PDF to PoD? Or if there is a combo offer in the cards perhaps? (Probably not though given PoD is out-of-house for CGL, but it would be awesome.)
Sarna.net BattleTechWiki Admin
Author of the BattleCorps stories Feather vs. Mountain, Rise and Shine, Proprietary, Trial of Faith & scenario Twins

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #102 on: 04 June 2020, 02:58:50 »
I will be honest, I thought the back Hatchetman art was supposed to be the cover . . . anyway we can get the proper cover with the PDFs?
Colt Ward

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

GRUD

• Captain
  • Quinn's Quads - 'Mechs on the March!
« Reply #103 on: 04 June 2020, 04:35:22 »
"We are excited to announce that the first part of the novel Forgotten Worlds, The Hunt for Jardine by Herbert Beas II has been released as a digital story."

Is this any different than what you let Herb post on the site a few months back?   ???
If so, in What way?

Does this mean you'll also be releasing/rereleasing Part 2 at some point?
If so, will IT be any different than has already been posted?

???
To me, Repros are 100% Wrong, and there's NO  room for me to give ground on this subject. I'm not just an Immovable Object on this, I'm THE Immovable Object. 3D Prints are just 3D Repros.

Something to bear in Mind. Defending the BT IP is Frowned upon here.

Remember: Humor is NOT Tolerated here. Have a Nice Day!

Hey! Can't a guy get any Privacy around here!

Mendrugo

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Manei Tetatae
« Reply #104 on: 04 June 2020, 05:36:02 »
"We are excited to announce that the first part of the novel Forgotten Worlds, The Hunt for Jardine by Herbert Beas II has been released as a digital story."

Is this any different than what you let Herb post on the site a few months back?   ???
If so, in What way?

Does this mean you'll also be releasing/rereleasing Part 2 at some point?
If so, will IT be any different than has already been posted?

???

Parts 1 and 2 will be what was already posted to BattleCorps way back when.  Part 3 will be an edited/factchecked/completed version of what Herb was serially posting on the boards when the contract was in question.  If you already have the BattleCorps serial, you wouldn't need to get Parts 1 and 2 (unless you felt like tossing some coin Catalyst's way).
"We have made of New Avalon a towering funeral pyre and wiped the Davion scourge from the universe.  Tikonov, Chesterton and Andurien are ours once more, and the cheers of the Capellan people nearly drown out the gnashing of our foes' teeth as they throw down their weapons in despair.  Now I am made First Lord of the Star League, and all shall bow down to me and pay homa...oooooo! Shiny thing!" - Maximillian Liao, "My Triumph", audio dictation, 3030.  Unpublished.

Lorcan Nagle

• 75 tons of heavy metal mayhem
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
« Reply #105 on: 04 June 2020, 05:58:16 »
And if you have BattleCorps Anthology 3 (I think it was), part 1 was also printed in there.
The moderator formerly known as the user formerly known as nenechan

Gaiiten

• Captain
  • Can not get enough of BattleTech!
« Reply #106 on: 04 June 2020, 08:52:16 »

Could this mean that Herb Beas is coming back as BT author?
Crush yah enumhees, see dem drivun befor you, and hear de lamuntatuns of de veemon!

Visit my Deviantart: http://gaiiten.deviantart.com/

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #107 on: 04 June 2020, 09:27:12 »
Per his statement earlier it was something he already had a contract about- which was also why he removed posts about it in the non-canon fiction.
Colt Ward

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
« Reply #108 on: 04 June 2020, 11:04:33 »
Per his statement earlier it was something he already had a contract about- which was also why he removed posts about it in the non-canon fiction.

Sort of. I had an outstanding contract for the Jarding TtS book. The first two books of the Hunt for Jardine were already bought and published on BattleCorps long ago. I finished the third book on my own, because I hated leaving it unfinished, started to post it here as fanfic, and someone asked to buy it. So now that they have, it's theirs.

- Herb

heist08

• Corporal
« Reply #109 on: 04 June 2020, 17:44:27 »
Hey Herb,

Didn't you originally plan for Forgotten Worlds to have four parts? Any chance you'll finish that last book?

heist08

beachhead1985

• Major
  • 1st SOG; SLDF. "McKenna's Marauders"
    • Kilroy's Wall
« Reply #110 on: 04 June 2020, 19:21:58 »
Shrapnel is the Reader's Digest of the BT Universe  >:D

In this issue; VSD shares his father's bathroom reading preferences.

Don't forget to turn to page 10 for humour in skin-tight leather and fur uniform!
Epitaph on an Army of Mercenaries

These, in the day when heaven was falling,      Their shoulders held the sky suspended;
The hour when earth's foundations fled,         They stood, and earth's foundations stay;
Followed their mercenary calling,               What God abandoned, these defended,
And took their wages, and are dead.             And saved the sum of things for pay.

A.E. Housman

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
« Reply #111 on: 04 June 2020, 21:23:24 »
Hey Herb,

Didn't you originally plan for Forgotten Worlds to have four parts? Any chance you'll finish that last book?

heist08

The fourth was a tentative idea. One that was supposed to explore what happens after her Jardine adventures, until she and her family vanish on Moore (events teased about in some Dark Age lore I'd written). But Book 4 was always the "optional" one, and so I never bothered with it. The 3 books will basically be it.

- Herb

Cubby

• Space Wizard of Secrets
  • BattleTech Developer
  • Major
  • BattleTech Assistant Line Developer
« Reply #112 on: 04 June 2020, 21:24:31 »
Are Shrapnel's pages novel-sized, or source book-sized?  ???

I'm told they're the same size as recent fiction, 8.5 in x 5.5 in, and that the POD will be $9.99.

Cubby, do you think there is any possibility for upgrading the KS Shrapnel pledges from PDF to PoD? Or if there is a combo offer in the cards perhaps?

None that I'm aware of. The KS backer rewards cover digital only.
Demo Team Agent #639, northeastern Maryland.

BattleTech Assistant Line Developer, writer and editor - Sarna.net Profile

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #113 on: 05 June 2020, 03:06:15 »
Thanks Cubby!  :thumbsup:

heist08

• Corporal
« Reply #114 on: 05 June 2020, 10:14:44 »
The fourth was a tentative idea. One that was supposed to explore what happens after her Jardine adventures, until she and her family vanish on Moore (events teased about in some Dark Age lore I'd written). But Book 4 was always the "optional" one, and so I never bothered with it. The 3 books will basically be it.

- Herb

Good to know. Thanks!

heist08

Cubby

• Space Wizard of Secrets
  • BattleTech Developer
  • Major
  • BattleTech Assistant Line Developer
« Reply #115 on: 05 June 2020, 14:17:46 »
Now Available in Print and PDF - Tactical Operations: Advanced Rules and Tactical Operations: Advanced Units and Equipment

Tactical Operations: Advanced Rules
Price: $39.99 Print+PDF | $14.99 PDF

Take your warfare to a whole new level of excitement! Deploy under cover of exotic weather and severe planetary conditions. Surprise your enemy with your mastery of new battlefield tactics%u2014from artillery to command-level comms to minefields! A daring commander can take advantage of any or all of these%u2026.if they're brave enough to seize the moment!

Tactical Operations: Advanced Rules is the one-source reference for advanced rules that apply to on-world operations. It includes new movement and combat options.

Catalyst Web Store: https://store.catalystgamelabs.com/products/battletech-tactical-operations-advanced-rules
DriveThruRPG: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/316503/BattleTech-Tactical-Operations-Advanced-Rules

Tactical Operations: Advanced Units and Equipment
Price: $39.99 Print+PDF | $14.99 PDF

Take your warfare to a whole new level of excitement! Deploy new forces and surprise your enemy with cutting-edge, prototype technologies! A daring commander can take advantage of any or all of these%u2026.if they're brave enough to seize the moment!

Tactical Operations: Advanced Units & Equipment is the one-source reference for advanced units types and advanced technologies. It includes an extensive Advanced Weapons and Equipment section, and the rules for playing and constructing advanced Support Vehicles and Mobile Structures.

Catalyst Web Store: https://store.catalystgamelabs.com/products/battletech-tactical-operations-advanced-units-equipement
DriveThruRPG: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/316505/BattleTech-Tactical-Operations-Advanced-Units--Equipment

(Note: Customers who previously purchased the PDF version of the prior Tactical Operations printing will not receive these volumes as a free upgrade. These products are being treated as new books, including tracking and implementation of errata.)
« Last Edit: 05 June 2020, 16:01:31 by Cubby »
Demo Team Agent #639, northeastern Maryland.

BattleTech Assistant Line Developer, writer and editor - Sarna.net Profile

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #116 on: 05 June 2020, 14:34:34 »
And I just finished mowing the lawn  :thumbsup:

Been very interested to see how the Solomon Chop™️ worked out

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Cause Them My Initials!
« Reply #117 on: 05 June 2020, 14:38:46 »
Tactical Operations: Advanced Rules is the one-source reference for advanced rules that apply to on-world operations. It includes new movement and combat options.

Catalyst Web Store: https://store.catalystgamelabs.com/products/battletech-tactical-operations-advanced-rules
DriveThruRPG: https://store.catalystgamelabs.com/products/battletech-tactical-operations-advanced-rules

The links are the same.
AGENT #575, Vancouver Canada

Frabby

• Major
« Reply #118 on: 05 June 2020, 14:43:03 »
Oh boy. Should Sarna treat these as a new edition of an existing product or follow CGL's lead and create new product articles? I'm still undecided but leaning toward the latter...
Sarna.net BattleTechWiki Admin
Author of the BattleCorps stories Feather vs. Mountain, Rise and Shine, Proprietary, Trial of Faith & scenario Twins

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #119 on: 05 June 2020, 14:48:36 »
Probably as a new page (two pages?). It uses the same material but is distinct in its pagination - which reminds me. Let us know when you decide on a plan for updating TO citations. I imagine a few extra volunteers on that front would be useful