Author Topic: Looking for Locals or Online players for an RPG adventure....  (Read 30313 times)

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
Re: Looking for Locals or Online players for an RPG adventure....
« Reply #60 on: 23 January 2020, 04:45:16 »
No worries on delays... asynchronous communication is what forums are all about.

Now I see what you meant about the HBS game.  Yes, those costs are wildly off from Campaign Operations.  The section you're looking for is on pages 24-25.  Pages 20-21 cover the basic support personnel requirements, though you have to refer back to Strategic Operations for Medical Team composition.  As I mentioned, Campaign Operations simply counts them as Admin support.

A Heavy Recovery Vehicle would require a Heavy Vehicle Cubicle, which is 100 tons (vice 150 for each Aerospace Cubicle).  Light Vehicle Cubicles are only 50 tons.  Infantry Bay accommodations for the bulk of the unit will only run about 15-20 tons.

As far as the Repair Vehicle, what it gives you is a ground mobile 'Mech Cubicle for repair purposes.  Since you have a Leopard, you really don't need it.  I invested in a couple of repair platforms to help with repairs.  A repair vehicle would help more, and as I mentioned, if you wanted to make a custom one, it's only TL D, well within the capability of the SW.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #61 on: 23 January 2020, 13:12:43 »
Paramour...

FWL  repair  vehicle, later updated to include a MLB cubicle,  Regulan units...

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #62 on: 23 January 2020, 16:46:13 »
When was it introduced?

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #63 on: 23 January 2020, 18:45:07 »
Pre-SLDF so 2700?

Should be some old chassis around since the fall.

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #64 on: 23 January 2020, 18:47:47 »
Sounds like a winner!  :thumbsup:

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #65 on: 23 January 2020, 19:36:48 »
60 tons, 3 crew...

2 MGs and half ton armor...

4/6 mover,  so yeah winner!

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #66 on: 23 January 2020, 19:40:23 »
3 crew at 60 tons?  That should be 4...

Charles Maxwell

• Recruit
« Reply #67 on: 24 January 2020, 07:29:18 »
Thanks, all! The Paramour (https://www.sarna.net/wiki/Paramour) looks like it'll fit the bill exactly. I think guess I should try to get a TRO together for the entire mercenary unit now, huh? Does anyone know of any computer programs that are available for such a purpose?

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #68 on: 24 January 2020, 17:26:12 »
I use Solaris Skunkwerks (SSW), personally.  I like their user interface the best, and it's recently been picked up again for further development by some dedicated folks.  For vehicles, Solaris Armor Works (SAW) comes packaged with SSW.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #69 on: 28 January 2020, 17:22:50 »
I just did some digging at the prompting of Frabby (thanks!  :thumbsup:), and the Paramour's crew of 3 is proper, as it's a Support Vehicle, not a Combat Vehicle.

Arkansas Warrior

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #70 on: 28 January 2020, 21:13:14 »
So I've glanced in here on and off, and I'm wondering: are y'all accepting any more, or is this more of a closed game?  It sounds interesting.
Sunrise is Coming.

All Hail First Prince Melissa Davion, the Patron Saint of the Regimental Combat Team, who cowed Dainmar Liao, created the Model Army, and rescued Robinson!  May her light ever guide the sons of the Suns, May our daughters ever endeavour to emulate her!

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #71 on: 29 January 2020, 04:55:39 »
I don't want to speak for Charles Maxwell, but I believe the more the merrier...  :)

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #72 on: 29 January 2020, 13:34:33 »
I did state half a ton of Armor... :o

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #73 on: 29 January 2020, 16:44:28 »
That's not necessarily an indicator of a Support Vehicle.  And TRO 375 actually says it has 3.5 tons of BAR 6 armor...

Charles Maxwell

• Recruit
« Reply #74 on: 03 February 2020, 20:56:23 »
I use Solaris Skunkwerks (SSW), personally.  I like their user interface the best, and it's recently been picked up again for further development by some dedicated folks.  For vehicles, Solaris Armor Works (SAW) comes packaged with SSW.

Nice - I'll need to check it out. Thank you!

So I've glanced in here on and off, and I'm wondering: are y'all accepting any more, or is this more of a closed game?  It sounds interesting.

Oh yes - the more the merrier. You can join the fun over at http://www.crayven.net/mercnet.

A quick summary of what's going on over there:

We're running an open-universe BattleTech RP, set at the moment in 3028. Joining in on the fun is pretty simple. Everything is fairly free-form right now; we have three mercenary units and a lone gun operating in the Inner Sphere for the time being. They are as follows:

- Aegis Division, led by me, is a mercenary unit comprised of the characters in the Aegis Division portfolio. We're off on Kimball II right now, working a contract in support of Operation GÖTTERDÄMMERUNG. Our objective is to re-take the Ceres Metals factory from the Draconis Combine. We've just made planetfall in an abandoned rock quarry and shot our way through a Kuritan armor division. We've now linked up with a member of the Gray Death Legion who's going to be giving us some fire support, and we're headed toward the factory. If 'Mech combat is how you'd like to get started, and you don't want to dive into the universe as a lone gun, I recommend joining up with this unit. I can help make that happen.

- There's also the Crayven Corporation, led by William Kauffman. Currently, they're on Gan Singh, about to crack open an ancient Star League cache. If you're interested in some immediate on-foot action, we can get you on with their expedition.

- And finally, there's Scorched Earth, led by Baroness Octavia Incendio, and comprised of the characters in the Scorched Earth portfolio. Octavia can speak to what the current state of play for Scorched Earth is, but my understanding is that they're on shore leave at the moment, in between contracts.

- We also have Orlex Jaeger on something of a lone gun mission at the moment, but he may be at a point in the story where he cold use a second set of hands. If what he's doing over in The Universe appeals to you, feel free to send him a DM on the MercNet site.

Of course, you're not beholden to teaming up with anyone. If you want to dive into the action on your own, all of our roleplay is currently unfolding in The Universe - 3028, and you can just as easily carve your own path. Either way, you'll need a character - do you have one in mind?

We'd be thrilled to have you!

Charles

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #75 on: 03 February 2020, 21:09:35 »
And AAA Security looking for a job on this board...  ^-^

Charles Maxwell

• Recruit
« Reply #76 on: 04 February 2020, 21:35:06 »
And AAA Security looking for a job on this board...  ^-^

Hey, Daryk -

We could certainly make that work as well. Want to set up shop with your unit and a storyline over at http://www.crayven.net/mercnet? We just had two more members join us today, one of whom currently isn't associated with a mercenary unit (the other has signed up with Aegis Division).

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #77 on: 04 February 2020, 21:40:39 »
I have so many accounts to keep track of already, I'm reluctant to add another... if you could be persuaded to do something on this board, I'm 100% in!

Arkansas Warrior

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #78 on: 08 February 2020, 15:17:52 »
Yeah, that’s kinda where I’m at, TBH.
Sunrise is Coming.

All Hail First Prince Melissa Davion, the Patron Saint of the Regimental Combat Team, who cowed Dainmar Liao, created the Model Army, and rescued Robinson!  May her light ever guide the sons of the Suns, May our daughters ever endeavour to emulate her!

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #79 on: 09 February 2020, 14:23:19 »
So... Arkansas Warrior... you want to try getting something going here that might draw Charles Maxwell in?  I've AAA Security looking for work on Galatea...

Charles Maxwell

• Recruit
« Reply #80 on: 11 February 2020, 18:25:03 »
So... Arkansas Warrior... you want to try getting something going here that might draw Charles Maxwell in?  I've AAA Security looking for work on Galatea...

What era?

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #81 on: 11 February 2020, 20:24:21 »
Same as your game... 3025...

CharlieAscende

• Recruit
« Reply #82 on: 15 February 2020, 11:54:13 »
The year where original BattleTech novel story begins (Black Death and Warrior trilogies).

CharlieAscende

• Recruit
« Reply #83 on: 15 February 2020, 11:59:15 »
Is there like a Discord server we already got it running for this ongoing thread?

Arkansas Warrior

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #84 on: 16 February 2020, 18:53:36 »
What era?
I mean, I'm good with whatever.
Sunrise is Coming.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #85 on: 16 February 2020, 19:21:07 »
Cool... AAA Security is currently working for Johnston Industries on Bennet III.  I'm pretty sure there are other worthwhile objectives on planet to defend...

CharlieAscende

• Recruit
« Reply #86 on: 16 February 2020, 20:02:10 »
What's the AAA stand for?

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #87 on: 16 February 2020, 20:36:11 »
"First in the listing"...  :D

CharlieAscende

• Recruit
« Reply #88 on: 21 February 2020, 15:55:05 »
Is there like a time and date that our party is gonna gather on Roll20 or something like that?

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #89 on: 21 February 2020, 18:04:58 »
Don't plan on it... I like play by post, myself.  It's much easier to fit into a busy schedule.

Register