Author Topic: What's in the pipeline?  (Read 266922 times)

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
Re: What's in the pipeline?
« Reply #1170 on: 02 January 2020, 19:27:37 »
Speck,
  Did those people with store credits have to write down their balances, or did you take care of it?

I have the info, it can still be used on the current store and when the move happens to store I will update my list.

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1171 on: 02 January 2020, 19:59:08 »
When do you expect the move to take place?

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
« Reply #1172 on: 02 January 2020, 20:31:39 »
When do you expect the move to take place?

This month.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #1173 on: 03 January 2020, 13:02:55 »
Will we need to pull off our shopping basket information?  I keep 'wants' listed for when I make a order.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
« Reply #1174 on: 04 January 2020, 14:50:45 »
Will we need to pull off our shopping basket information?  I keep 'wants' listed for when I make a order.

Yes, new user accounts will need to be created for the new store. Going from old shopping cart software to new that are from different companies there is not a easy way to migrate unless you want to pay some good $$$. Plus it give a fresh start and many more features.

I will be creating a post later this week, still getting caught up from being away for New Years.

beachhead1985

• Major
  • 1st SOG; SLDF. "McKenna's Marauders"
    • Kilroy's Wall
« Reply #1175 on: 05 January 2020, 08:58:24 »
Yes, new user accounts will need to be created for the new store. Going from old shopping cart software to new that are from different companies there is not a easy way to migrate unless you want to pay some good $$$. Plus it give a fresh start and many more features.

I will be creating a post later this week, still getting caught up from being away for New Years.

man, glad I saw this!

But once we make new accounts, our store credit transfers?
Epitaph on an Army of Mercenaries

These, in the day when heaven was falling,      Their shoulders held the sky suspended;
The hour when earth's foundations fled,         They stood, and earth's foundations stay;
Followed their mercenary calling,               What God abandoned, these defended,
And took their wages, and are dead.             And saved the sum of things for pay.

A.E. Housman

Cache

• Captain
    • Lords of the Battlefield
« Reply #1176 on: 05 January 2020, 09:57:08 »
But once we make new accounts, our store credit transfers?
First post on this page has your answer.

beachhead1985

• Major
    • Kilroy's Wall
« Reply #1177 on: 06 January 2020, 09:02:11 »
First post on this page has your answer.

I saw that. Sounded like a yes, was not sure. I will take it as a yes now.

These, in the day when heaven was falling,      Their shoulders held the sky suspended;
The hour when earth's foundations fled,         They stood, and earth's foundations stay;
Followed their mercenary calling,               What God abandoned, these defended,
And took their wages, and are dead.             And saved the sum of things for pay.

A.E. Housman

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
« Reply #1178 on: 08 January 2020, 08:30:58 »
I saw that. Sounded like a yes, was not sure. I will take it as a yes now.

The plan is, I will email everyone who have credit. Ask them to create an account and let me know once that is completed. Then I will add the remaining credit balance to the new account.

Included in the credit balance are the people who have not redeemed FF credit to there current accounts. So all funds will make up the ending balance.

klarg1

• Captain
« Reply #1179 on: 08 January 2020, 13:09:04 »
The plan is, I will email everyone who have credit. Ask them to create an account and let me know once that is completed. Then I will add the remaining credit balance to the new account.

Included in the credit balance are the people who have not redeemed FF credit to there current accounts. So all funds will make up the ending balance.

That sounds pretty labor-intensive. Is there anything I, as a store credit holder, can do to simplify your job?

(I'm assuming the only thing that would actually help is spending all my credit before the cut-over, but I figure it can't hurt to ask.)

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #1180 on: 10 January 2020, 06:54:15 »
Speck, get a good beginner book on SQL and PHP and in the future you should be able to have someone create a php script to handle database migration. With a basic understanding of both and a little practice it won't be hard. I did it for migrating a forum from a flat file db to SQL long ago. Took a couple tries but was well worth it in the end.

GRUD

• Captain
  • Quinn's Quads - 'Mechs on the March!
« Reply #1181 on: 10 January 2020, 10:39:54 »
Speck, get a good beginner book on SQL and PHP and in the future you should be able to have someone create a php script to handle database migration. With a basic understanding of both and a little practice it won't be hard. I did it for migrating a forum from a flat file db to SQL long ago. Took a couple tries but was well worth it in the end.

But WHY would you trust things to Squirrels?  They'll either eat the stuff or hide it away somewhere "for later", then forget where they put it.   :-\

:D
To me, Repros are 100% Wrong, and there's NO  room for me to give ground on this subject. I'm not just an Immovable Object on this, I'm THE Immovable Object. 3D Prints are just 3D Repros.

Something to bear in Mind. Defending the BT IP is Frowned upon here.

Remember: Humor is NOT Tolerated here. Have a Nice Day!

Hey! Can't a guy get any Privacy around here!

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #1182 on: 10 January 2020, 10:45:02 »
Better a squirrel than a racoon.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Kid in the puddle eating mud of CGL contributors
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #1183 on: 13 January 2020, 09:46:46 »
i assume any news regarding Q1 retail is on hold until the website job goes through?

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

GRUD

• Captain
« Reply #1184 on: 14 January 2020, 10:14:01 »
Better a squirrel than a racoon.
True!

Sure, they look cute and all, with their little hands, but MAN I Hate them!  They've stolen WAY too much of the food I've left out for my CATS.   :flame:
To me, Repros are 100% Wrong, and there's NO  room for me to give ground on this subject. I'm not just an Immovable Object on this, I'm THE Immovable Object. 3D Prints are just 3D Repros.

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1185 on: 14 January 2020, 16:58:45 »
The squirrels or the raccoons?

Sharpnel

• Colonel
« Reply #1186 on: 14 January 2020, 23:12:49 »
Probably both.
Consigliere Trygg Bender, CRD-3BL Crusader, The Blazer Mafia
Takehiro 'Taco' Uchimiya, SHD-2H Shadow Hawk 'Taco', Crimson Oasis Trading Company

"Of what use is a dream, if not a blueprint for courageous action" -Adam West
As I get older, I realize that I'm not as good as I once was.
"Life is too short to be living someone else's dream" - Hugh Hefner

beachhead1985

• Major
    • Kilroy's Wall
« Reply #1187 on: 15 January 2020, 14:36:16 »
Are we losing any functionality in the move? Ie; the scrapyard and Omniparts are still a thing?

A.E. Housman

GRUD

• Captain
« Reply #1188 on: 16 January 2020, 04:29:30 »
The squirrels or the raccoons?
Sorry.  :-\

The raccoons!  While I know there are squirrels all over the place, I've yet to see one on the back porch.  Had as many as FOUR raccoons stealing cat food at one time.  Momma and 3 babies.  That was after I'd run her off a few weeks prior, and told her she was a BAD parent for bringing her kids into a potentially dangerous situation.  Alas, being shot with a BB gun wasn't enough to keep them away for long.   :P

I don't have it in me to actually KILL them.   :-\

Speaking of Killing . . .    :D   (As in "Bank Account"!)

Hey Speck, I don't guess any news has been discussed, regarding getting the new minis from the KS in metal anytime soon?  Or even the minis from the last 2 box sets?   ???

REALLY wanting that new T-Bolt in METAL!!  :excited:

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #1189 on: 16 January 2020, 10:06:18 »
Lol, we have not even gotten the KS products yet.  I would be surprised if you saw ANY of them released by IWM before next year.
Colt Ward

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #1190 on: 16 January 2020, 11:55:23 »
Yeah, there was something mentioned about Catalyst having first crack at producing the plastic minis, before IWM could produce them in metal.  Except for the Shadow Hawk.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #1191 on: 16 January 2020, 12:14:02 »
I would expect the Wasp, Valkyrie, or whatever they produced and had to pull to be the first thing back.
Colt Ward

wolfspider

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #1192 on: 16 January 2020, 15:59:30 »
I would hope that IWM would be able to do variants of the following:
Locust
Commando
Griffin
Wolverine
Catapult
Thunderbolt
Awesome
Battlemaster
We already have the shadow hawk although a 3050 shadow hawk 3M would be the bomb!
I may have a low amount of posts but I have a PHD in Battletech and mechs older then most people on this board!

carlisimo

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #1193 on: 16 January 2020, 17:50:57 »
You don’t have to tell us, but we’re definitely all wondering if IWM will be selling metal equivalents of the same mechs, or different variants of the same mechs, or conversion parts.  Or if you’ll focus on IlClan and the next era instead. 

Conversion parts would be particularly helpful for the omnis due out soon, but maybe that’s too small a market, and I don’t know how practical metal bits on plastic minis will be.

DarkSpade

• Major
« Reply #1194 on: 16 January 2020, 18:14:25 »
Could have sworn I read somewhere that IWM was going to focus on the variants while the plastics focused on the base model.  Maybe in one of the old kickstarter threads?

Metal on plastic works fine with the right glue unless we're talking something like a massive metal cannon and arm replacement on the same side of a plastic mini with a really dynamic pose.
Space Marines are guys who look at a chainsaw and think, “That should be balanced for parrying.”

GRUD

• Captain
« Reply #1195 on: 17 January 2020, 19:31:10 »
I don't see the point in IWM making Variant parts for a Base model they're not "Allowed" to make.   :-\

Well, or Variant parts, PERIOD for plastic minis.

And as wolfspider pointed out/listed, we DO have the ones from the last 2 Box sets that IWM could release, since those ARE "Out in the Wild" already.   :thumbsup: 

They've had the new Battlemaster design for a few years now.  Why the holdup on it?   :(

I KEEP Hoping we'll get a new "Assault Lance Box Set" some year at Gen Con, featuring the new Classics!  We're talking 1 Battlemaster, 1 Marauder, and TWO Warhammers!!  :drool:    :excited:

wolfspider

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #1196 on: 17 January 2020, 21:31:17 »

I KEEP Hoping we'll get a new "Assault Lance Box Set" some year at Gen Con, featuring the new Classics!  We're talking 1 Battlemaster, 1 Marauder, and TWO Warhammers!!  :drool:    :excited:
This 10000 % And the all the other boxes as well! I am also half expecting IWM to do the remaining OST mechs!  >:D
I may have a low amount of posts but I have a PHD in Battletech and mechs older then most people on this board!

DarkSpade

• Major
« Reply #1197 on: 17 January 2020, 22:50:24 »
I don't see the point in IWM making Variant parts for a Base model they're not "Allowed" to make.   :-\

Why not?  If the new Thor Prime is only available in plastic, what's wrong with the new Thor B being only available in metal?

And before anyone starts pointing out how easy it would be to covert one into the other, I have no idea as of this post what a Thor B is armed with.  It's just an example.
Space Marines are guys who look at a chainsaw and think, “That should be balanced for parrying.”

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Kid in the puddle eating mud of CGL contributors
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #1198 on: 18 January 2020, 00:05:20 »
none of the specific agreements between cgl and iwm are public knowledge. we won't know what's what until we start seeing minis on a release schedule (or don't, which is equally telling)

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #1199 on: 18 January 2020, 00:21:59 »
none of the specific agreements between cgl and iwm are public knowledge. we won't know what's what until we start seeing minis on a release schedule (or don't, which is equally telling)

QFT
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman