Author Topic: The Anime M@sterthread - Anime Gunsmith Catgirls Reincarnated into Another Thread  (Read 140033 times)

ANS Kamas P81

• Colonel
At 109.73Y/D...
Der Hölle Rache kocht in meinem Herzen,
Tod und Verzweiflung flammet um mich her!
Fühlt nicht durch dich Jadefalke Todesschmerzen,
So bist du meine Tochter nimmermehr!

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
Has anyone been watching Kyokou Suiri?  Just got myself start watching something, just 2 episodes in. Looks amusing and good.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

MadCapellan

• Furibunda Scriptorem
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Just a little piglet serving the Capellan State!
    • Check out the anime I've seen & reviewed!
I mentioned it a few posts up, I'm pretty sure. Keiji Gotoh was my favorite director from the 90s, & he's at the helm! Kotoko is adorable, & it keeps getting better egery episode!

Top Sergeant

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major
  • Swamp Angels Mercenary Regiment
so in Railgun news: I forgot how much of a badass kongo-san can be*, and her 2 friends ( i forget their names :( ) are by no means weak as well. I eagerly await next weeks episode.

*Then again she is Lvl4, and Lvl4s are still not to be trifled with....

Pretty much my thoughts too. I can see how handy Image (Imagine?) Breaker would be for this story whenever they want to bring him in, but I hope its awhile yet: the arc is quite good so far, and I'm pleased to be seeing more of Saten than I expected.
We hear that there are tumults and riots in Rome, and that voices are raised concerning the army and the quality of our soldiers. Make haste to reassure us that you love and support us as we love and support you, for if we find that we have left our bones to bleach in these sands in vain, then beware the fury of the legions.

Top Sergeant

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major
Catching up on Kuutei Dragons (Drifting Dragons). Ep 4 was very good, I really like how they are handling the character development.
We hear that there are tumults and riots in Rome, and that voices are raised concerning the army and the quality of our soldiers. Make haste to reassure us that you love and support us as we love and support you, for if we find that we have left our bones to bleach in these sands in vain, then beware the fury of the legions.

DarkSpade

• Major
Anyone heard anything about Rascal Does Not Dream of Dreaming Girl coming to blu ray in the states?  Or even streaming somewhere?  Every time I search for it, 95% of what I find is about Bunny Girl Senpai.  The other 5% is articles reminding me that I missed seeing the movie in theaters by 2 weeks.
Space Marines are guys who look at a chainsaw and think, “That should be balanced for parrying.”

Top Sergeant

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major
That expression on Railgun's face at the end of Ep 6--- never ever want to see her pint that face at me.

Finished Kuutei Dragons and I enjoyed it. It had a few unexpected turns, and I thought several characters were fairly well presented, and plenty of action was portrayed.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
What's Kuutei Dragons on?
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

MadCapellan

• Furibunda Scriptorem
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
That expression on Railgun's face at the end of Ep 6--- never ever want to see her pint that face at me.

That waa the face I expected her to make originally, but now I understand she held back initially because she thought Misaki was just pranking her like she has in the past. Good episode!

Matti

• Major
  • In Rory we trust
Anyone heard anything about Rascal Does Not Dream of Dreaming Girl coming to blu ray in the states?  Or even streaming somewhere?
It's at least on Wakanim (French streaming service). I considered to start watching it, but instead I went with March comes in like a lion. Anime about shogi and its players.
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights errant, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

Ghostbear_Gurdel

• Lieutenant
  • Live by the Sword...
So I just read on ANN that next weeks railgun is going to be a repeat of episode 6 due to disruptions from the corinovirus.  :(
"The real question is, just how badly do you want to pound your opponent?  You can do things to your opponent with an ASF that are illegal in 39 states and 14 countries, and that's without even trying hard." - Paladin1
Member No. 3 of the JM6 haters club

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
So animation house for railgun in fact in China?
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Istal_Devalis

• Major
  • Baka! I didnt change my avatar because I like you!
Lots of in between work is done via other studios. It's pretty common.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
So animation house for railgun in fact in China?

Japan has been hit fairly hard with coronavirus as well.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

Notsonoble

• Lieutenant
  • Justice will be delicious!!!
For someone who's late to it, Full Metal Panic Question:

It just stops with Chidori still captive and Lenorad still at large? WTF?
Self:  Meltrans are already culture shocked, except their response is to squeal like high school girls at a boy band concert and discharge energy weapons in random directions.
Weirdo: Sounds like the proper reaction to a Macross Cannon to me.
Quote from: Weirdo
And of course if even a single Constitution had shown up onscreen for even a single second, you would have been able to hear the mass squeeing from orbit.

Matti

• Major
  • In Rory we trust
For someone who's late to it, Full Metal Panic Question:

It just stops with Chidori still captive and Lenorad still at large? WTF?
Anime I presume? I guess they didn't want to cut too much and episode # came full. So either continue with novels/manga or wait for the next season (and hope it isn't as long in coming as the last).
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights errant, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

MadCapellan

• Furibunda Scriptorem
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
Full Metal Panic IV aired not too long before the producing studio (Xebec) was sold to Bandai. I suspect there was a hope that they'd do so well another season would be greenlit to justify their continued existence under the Production I.G. umbrella, but in the end the demand they wanted just wasn't there. The novels carry on significantly farther.

Matti

• Major
  • In Rory we trust
Full Metal Panic IV aired not too long before the producing studio (Xebec) was sold to Bandai. I suspect there was a hope that they'd do so well another season would be greenlit to justify their continued existence under the Production I.G. umbrella, but in the end the demand they wanted just wasn't there.
Didn't it sell enough? Gigguk said Invisible Victory got done so late that nobody cares anymore. I cared enough to buy the discs.

DarkSpade

• Major
Full Metal Panic IV aired not too long before the producing studio (Xebec) was sold to Bandai. I suspect there was a hope that they'd do so well another season would be greenlit to justify their continued existence under the Production I.G. umbrella, but in the end the demand they wanted just wasn't there. The novels carry on significantly farther.

Well that sucks.  I've only been able to find through vol 4 in print and it doesn't go as far as the anime did.   Amazon says they have volume 5, but it's kindle only and the guy on the cover is pretty thoroughly dead by the end of Vol 4 so I'm not even sure it's the vol 5 I'm looking for.

I wonder if the game went further than the anime did?  Never got far enough to find out.  Really dull game.
Space Marines are guys who look at a chainsaw and think, “That should be balanced for parrying.”

Matti

• Major
  • In Rory we trust
I wonder if the game went further than the anime did?  Never got far enough to find out.  Really dull game.
What game? ???

DarkSpade

• Major
What game? ???

Full Metal Panic! Fight! Who Dares Wins.

It is not good. I thought it would get better once you get past the early intro 1v4 missions, but once you get squad vs squad, the flaws are even more glaring.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
So a Japanese based arcade company, Round One, just opened a shop in a city near me last week- first one in the state.

Went there this afternoon- I'm not sold on using card swipe arcade games, but I wandered around and checked it out.  Pretty cool setup- very reminiscent of the arcades that used to be around.  Had lots of modern rhythm games and light gun rail shooters but also had a lot of imported games that were a mixture of modern and retro tournament fighters, platformers,  and side scroll shooters.  All arranged in those row styles you see in pictures of Japanese arcades.

Ended up playing a few Capcom games from the 90s- Marvel Vs Street Fighter and a couple others.  Guess I still have most of the old moves.

Luciora

• Major
I'm used to Japanese game titles from playing imports, and even to me, that's not very inspiring.

Full Metal Panic! Fight! Who Dares Wins.

It is not good. I thought it would get better once you get past the early intro 1v4 missions, but once you get squad vs squad, the flaws are even more glaring.

MadCapellan

• Furibunda Scriptorem
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
So a Japanese based arcade company, Round One, just opened a shop in a city near me last week- first one in the state.

Round One is a blast! Does yours have Japanese karaoke? Ours has one room with DAM Karaoke, which is great even if I would have preferred Joysound!

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
I didn't see any rooms like that, but I wasn't checking.  Next time I'm in town I'll look for it.

ANS Kamas P81

• Colonel
Round One is a blast! Does yours have Japanese karaoke? Ours has one room with DAM Karaoke, which is great even if I would have preferred Joysound!
If I ever get there, it's battletech filk karaoke night.
Der Hölle Rache kocht in meinem Herzen,
Tod und Verzweiflung flammet um mich her!
Fühlt nicht durch dich Jadefalke Todesschmerzen,
So bist du meine Tochter nimmermehr!

MadCapellan

• Furibunda Scriptorem
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
If I ever get there, it's battletech filk karaoke night.

Bring it on, man! I still can sing Carnival Babel....

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
So I'm trying to watch Dragon Quest: Your Story.

The dubbing is terrible.  I mean it's distracting how poorly the voices sync with the character's mouths.

pheonixstorm

• Major
Went there this afternoon- I'm not sold on using card swipe arcade games

Most of the places that I have been to with arcade games that is all they use. Reloadable cards.

MadCapellan

• Furibunda Scriptorem
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
Most of the places that I have been to with arcade games that is all they use. Reloadable cards.

It's only natural. Nobody carries cash anymore & cards prevent the use of slugs.