Author Topic: Princess strategic targets  (Read 1513 times)

Styker

• Warrant Officer
Princess strategic targets
« on: 22 September 2014, 00:41:02 »
I gave princess a building to target in hex 1504, but I get the following message:

No building to target in Hex (16,5), ignoring.

Now, after noticing that princess was not moving towards the strategic target and seeing this message, I checked that there was a building in hex 1504 (hovered my mouse and the hex description says there is a building).

So, playing on a 25x25 map, what hex does (16,5) correspond to?  Hex 1605?

Never mind, princess is consistently add +1 to both the X and Y coordinates.  I've already posted a bug report.
« Last Edit: 22 September 2014, 02:30:03 by Styker »

ThePW

• Lieutenant
  • One post down, a thousand to g... Oh we're here?
Re: Princess strategic targets
« Reply #1 on: 25 May 2020, 16:18:50 »
Has this been addressed? I'm curious to run a mission the requires defending a location... and not sure how it works in megamek.
Even my Page posting rate is better than my KPD rate IG...

2Feb2023: The day my main toon on DDO/Cannith, an Artificer typically in the back, TANKED in a LH VoD.

servo01

• Corporal
« Reply #2 on: 27 May 2020, 13:42:22 »
I've been using a weapon/armor-less gun emplacement to get Princess to target and fire on buildings. Strategic targeting would be a far more elegant solution, but it kept being spotty or outright non-functional whenever I tried it (which was, quite a few versions ago).

I would also like to know more about the current state of the feature.   

ThePW

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: 16 June 2020, 17:11:23 »
Question? Can you use hidden buildings? Im trying to use a proxy but I think I  screwed up: I cannot seem to find any suitable locations on the map to place a hidden BAP turret

2Feb2023: The day my main toon on DDO/Cannith, an Artificer typically in the back, TANKED in a LH VoD.

NickAragua

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #4 on: 16 June 2020, 19:03:22 »
You currently need a building to put down a gun emplacement.

ThePW

• Lieutenant
« Reply #5 on: 16 June 2020, 22:00:44 »
You currently need a building to put down a gun emplacement.

yeah, that is confirmed. Would be nice if you had the ability to God Mode a object into being on the map (as not many official maps actually have buildings (and using a map generator sometimes gets iffy results)

Register