Author Topic: BattleTech FanFiction Tribble Emporium  (Read 377929 times)

Sir Chaos

• Captain
  • Artillery Fanboy
Re: BattleTech FanFiction Tribble Emporium
« Reply #1320 on: 22 January 2020, 14:31:25 »
No
Keep them in cells near each other, no other interaction with any people or animals, they only have each other for company, but they can't physically touch each other because of the bars
For those two egomaniacs to be unable to validate themselves and put up with each other's whining would be a deserving sentence

Hell is other people. I like it.
"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl."
-Frederick the Great

"Ultima Ratio Regis" ("The Last Resort of the King")
- Inscription on cannon barrel, 18th century

gladius

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1321 on: 22 January 2020, 19:35:59 »
I have only one question: What does she do after she is informed that her own daughter and Ryan Steiner were the ones who tried to kill her?
OK, Ryan is toast, but Kat?
Will she
a) not wake up one morning?
b) be put into a room with a ticking bomb and yes, she may beg for her life, but Mel will tell her flat out that she cannot trust her ever?
c) the Triad gets a few subbasements and there on the lowest level a prisoner with an iron mask lives out her life, while the entire IS thinks Kat died in a dropship accident / jumpship misjump? (Imagine that Ryan is put in the cell next to her and is not killed)
d) transported to a planet in the very deep periphery to play Adam and Eve with Ryan?

On the other Hand, there are things men is not meant to know...
E) sent to a maximum security New Avalon Catholic convent on an ice moon with an ex FedCom drill seargent as the Mother Superior.

VhenRa

• Captain
« Reply #1322 on: 23 January 2020, 22:34:00 »
I just like that there was a world in the Commonwealth named ‘ Warrumbungle’. It makes my inner Aussie smile.

There is a whole pile of Aussie origin planet names in that area, entire area seems to have been infested with Australians and needs fumigation. [/Inner Kiwi]  :P

SCC

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1323 on: 29 January 2020, 22:18:04 »
This is ultimately been rolled into a much larger idea, but I think it has enough potential to stand at least somewhat on it's own, rather then be reduced to a mere bullet point in an outline, or minor side plot in a large story.

Tribble #611
The Inner Sphere hardly seems like to sort of place to be a bastion of civil liberties, so what happens when we run with that? For example history is replete with people making things for political reasons, what if that was illegal? As a big example the Free Skye movement used the argument that the FedCom agreement hadn't benefitted Skye when the exact opposite was the case, what if doing this got them into trouble? And I'm sure that there are two faced public figures and celebrities that switch positions, what if doing that without acknowledging they where wrong got them into trouble, to say nothing of those who continually campaign on dis-proven policies.

I'm sorry I couldn't I didn't use more examples, but I'm pretty sure that would break the rules.

gladius

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1324 on: 29 January 2020, 23:36:50 »
You’re describing the Combine and Confederation: having any kind of public opinion that disagrees with the State is likely to land you in hot water.

SCC

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1325 on: 01 February 2020, 20:08:04 »
You’re describing the Combine and Confederation: having any kind of public opinion that disagrees with the State is likely to land you in hot water.
This is more disagreeing with reality then the government

Sir Chaos

• Captain
  • Artillery Fanboy
« Reply #1326 on: 02 February 2020, 07:41:10 »
This is more disagreeing with reality then the government

And who decides what reality is, if not the government?
-Frederick the Great

Chris OFarrell

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #1327 on: 14 February 2020, 05:42:21 »
Tribble 612: The Spirit of the Kerensky's

"Sir, this step, the razing of another village, it is not necessary. We have already destroyed the guerilla operation. What merit can there be in this new action?"

"It is not your place to tell me what has merit and what does not," Moon said, crossing his arms in what Trent now recognized as a typical gesture of his authority. "We shall level one of these villages and transmit a holovid of the deed to the other cities of this world so that all on Hyner will know the price of standing in the Jaguars path."

Trent drew a deep breath. he could no longer stand silently. he must make a stand, even if the price was his own life. The time for waiting had passed. "I challenge you to a Trial of Grievance, Star colonel."

"Indeed" Moon returned coldly.

"Aff. This command violates our code of honor, as set down by Nicholas Kerneksy, the founder of the Clans."

Moon chuckled slightly. "Must I remind you, Star Captain, that this is a military command? Your opinions do not interest me and meeting you in combat offers no more challenge than crushing a bug under my heel. But you are a blight on our Clan. For you to call yourself a Jaguar warrior brings only shame to the rest. There is no honor in combat with you, but I promise that I shall find honor in erasing you you like a stain."

"Very well," Trent said, the blood rushing in his ears as his body prepared. "I assume you wish to fight unaugmented, Quiaff?"

Moon smiked. "Aff. And these warriors will form our circle of equals." He nodded to Jez and the others, who immediately moved to surround the two men. Moon unbuttoned his uniform collar and shirt, and flexed his muscles in preparation for the fight.

"Do do you that I will kill you, Trent," Paul Moon said, his voice barely a whisper as he lowered his body to a fighting stance.

"I know you will try" Trent returned, lowered his own center of gravity, the boast sounding odd on his lips as ... something ... changed. The oddest feeling, like electricity running through his body. Energizing him in a way he had never felt before. Curious. So very ... curious.

"No more talk" Moon spat and then with his arms wide he leaped like a Jaguar straight at him, 'The Jaguar's spring that brings the enemy down' as the remembrance quoted and so many of his peers tried to replicate on the battlefield...

Except that he was moving so ... so slowly! Why, it was all he had to do to-

And even as he thought that thought, he was leaning to the side into a roll that casually took him out of the path of the snarling Star Colonel who continued to glide through the air, the wind oddly whistling in his ears as he lashed out with his myomyer enhanced arm as he passed under, slicing across his opponents knee-

CRACK

Paul Moon screamed in an oddly low tone as Trent felt the joint of the massive tree-size trunk legs of the Elemental shudder, continuing his roll and coming back to his feet-
Bizarrely, Moon was only now plowing into the ground where he had just been standing. And he could see past the Elemental now plowing into the ground to the face of Jez whose expression was changing from smug delight to shock and confusion as he watched ... but beyond her on the horizon, as Hyners primary slowly set, in its glow...

Trent was no Nova Cat mystic. No Goliath Scorpion drug user. He was not someone to believe in the supernatural and yet ... in this time, at this place, he would have taken an oath to the Jaguar itself that even as he stood there in stunned confusion, not understanding how he was somehow moving so FAST ... that in the glow of the sun he could see the ghostly figures of both Nicholas Kerensky and Franklin Osis side by side.

Staring at him.

And then the Father of the Clans nodding once sharply at him, in what Trent could only think of as firm approval before he blinked - and they were gone.

A little stunned he missed for a moment seeing the Star Colonel, though nothing but his formidable and sheer rage, pull himself back to his feet, favoring his left leg as he started to half run and half stagger with a look of pure hatered on his face straight at him. Again so incredibly slow that as he reached him and swung all he had to do was-

His arms came up and he casually deflected the pile driver swing - a child in the Sibko could move faster! And then the follow up punch - and the next. The feeling of electricity running through his veins was like nothing he had ever felt and unable to help himself he turned casually side on to the Star Colonel, placed one of his arms behind his back and started to deflect and blow every one of the increasingly rapid punches being thrown at him which still moved so slow...

As much as Trent was inclined to dismiss it ... it was almost as if the Great Father and the Great Khan both were strengthening his arm. Standing with his righteousness

The way Moons face went purple in a rage level so great that Trent did not know if Star League Standard English had a word to encompass it at his one handed defense, was rather glorious and amusing if he was being honest. But then he suddenly grabbed the tree trunk sized right arm of the Elemetnal and wrenched it back, causing a scream of pain as he felt tendons snap and muscles spasam-

And then their eyes met for but a second ... and beyond the rage and pain and hate ... Trent saw that Paul Moon was just starting to realize this was a fight he could not win. And in that moment, Trent pivoted and kicked-

The Star Colonels rib-cage collapsed partially as his foot lifted the 280 kilogram monster off the ground and sent him flying through the air again, this time to land on his back and spray shale everywhere that sliced his back up in a way that would have been rather painful, if not for the agony from the other things running through his body right now.

Slowly, deliberately, Trent started to walk forward, the feeling of everything moving so much slower fading to nothing as he seemed to 'rejoin' time, yet knowing somehow that should be need it, that ... that gift from his founder would return once more if needed to defend the innocent. He kept his pace slow but steady as he closed the distance with his Commanding Officer, Jez and the others watching with expressions that ranged from fear in the former case to a mixture of awe and numb shock on the later. In the distance he could even see Judith sulking behind a building and watching - and the smile of delight and awe on her face warmed him in a way nothing had for a long time.

Yet he decided the moment needed one more thing. To make clear his ... objection to the madness of the course his Clan was on. He had tried it with Jez before, she had ignored it.

The gasping, stunned figure of their Elemental Star Colonel on the ground, pummeled by a 'failure' of a Mechwarrior in unaugmented combat who had snapped and had enough, seemed to be a much better backdrop to make his point clear however.

"And Nicholas stood with the first gathering of Khans to draw up the tenets of what made a warrior" he quoted in a calm voice as he approached Moon, gazing dispassionately at the man and admitting that, if nothing else, the fact that his face showed not one ounce of fear, merely rage, hate and pain, was an impressive thing in its own way. "Wars have often killed the innocent, ruined entire societies. Not within the Clans. Wars were for warriors to wage and that innocence not suffer at the hands of Trueborns."

"You have won the Trial Star Captain" Jez tried to step in, his voice seeming to break her out of her shock - but she promptly shut up as he turned his gaze on her and speared her with the sheer loathing that promised if she didn't shut up, she would be the next one to face him.

And unlike their last trial, his eyes told her that she would not survive this one.

That done, he gazed down again at Moon as he came up short before him, the man seeming to recover his senses - a thought belayed by the fact that he pushed off from the ground in a clumsy attempt to tackle him.
Against any other Mechwarrior, even as injured as he was, the move would have probably caught them by surprise and let the Elemental rip their head off.

But again, Trent felt the wind in his hair, the approving gazes of both the founder of His Clan and all the Clans on him as he met the tackle head on and grabbed both of the mans arms and stopped his momentum cold.

Now, for the first time, matching his strength against Moons directly - and simply holding him without any strain at all as the Elemental gasped for air through his shattered ribs he could see for the first time, hints of fear in the eyes of the Elemental now face to face with him.

He would be lying if he said that having this man fear him wasn't appealing, but somehow he knew he hadn't been given this gift for his own personal satisfaction, but a much higher cause.

"What ... are ... you" Moon gasped, fury and confusion warring in his tone as he pushed and squeezed and thrust ... and he might as well have been wrestling with a Ninety-Five toner for how little Trent moved.

"I am the Founders correction Star Colonel. The Smoke Jaguars have lost their way on the honor road" he said, not knowing where the words came from, but feeling their sheer 'rightness' in his heart that had been so torn of late seeing what his Clan had become. Impossible as it sounded, he knew that the Founders had tapped him on the shoulder to drag the Smoke Jaguars back to their true path. And it was a burden he gladly took up. "Ask for Heriga and I will grant it to you, provided you ask for Surkai from the Galaxy Commander, for your actions against our innocent civilians."

He took the scream the Star Colonel generated, with every vein on his face seeming to bulge out with his eyes as he put everything he had into one final attempt to crush the impudent impossible man in front of him, as a 'no'.
And so with a deep breath, he leaned back and then threw his head forward and crashed the metallic bands around his artificial eye into the forehead of Moon and sent him flying backwards through the air to crash onto his back.

That hurt Trent winced slightly, chuckling lowely for a moment at the revelation that Paul Moon had a thick skull, before shaking it off and walking forward to the stunned Star Colonel who was barely moving before kneeling down, reaching down and with steady pressure while ignoring the feeble clawing from the others hands, he took a grip on the neck ... and with a loud SNAP, it was done.

He stood then in the sunset with the now dead man unmoving under him, his face frozen in a mixture of fear and rage, feeling oddly saddened that the man had to die ... yet feeling that he had done nothing more than killing a wild animal.

For that was what the Star Colonel had become.

"Clan Smoke Jaguar has forgotten. Forgotten that our purpose as humans is to draw strength from the Jaguar, not become an animal like it" he suddenly said clearly and firmly into the utterly silent moment, all the Warriors in the circle of equals staring at him still, unable to speak and barely able to process what they had just seen. "We are humans. Trueborns. Forget it, attempt to order innocents slaughtered and I will stand ready to perform the same service to you as I did for the late Star Colonel Paul Moon" he finished before with a bare glance at Jez, he started walking away.

"Seyla" more than one of the Warriors standing around whispered and Trent continued, stepping across the circle as the last of the sun vanished under the horizon.

--

So this came out of watching the 'He is the One' sequence from The Matrix, with Neo casually no-selling Smiths attempts to kill him with contempt. Plus having just re-read Trents bio to check something and wondering what the hell might have happened if he had actually won that Trial of Grievance against his Star Colonel by being one of the very VERY few genuinely okay Smoke Jaguars in history. And wanting to stand up for the innocent civilians Smoke Jaguars prefer to use as calibration aids for their machine gun arrays....

Just say that some random omnipotent being gave him Neo crazy powers and a massive dose of 'WTF have the Clans become' and he feels he is totally on a mission to singlehandedly 'fix' them :)
"I, the Baron of Strang, care not for your new names. Clans? Jade Falcons? I call you by your true name: Scum of the Star League, traitors of free will, persecutors of the Periphery come back to lord it over freedom-loving people. Come ahead, you steel-eyed robots! Come ahead and taste what a million like-minded people think of you and your damn Clans!"

-Baron Stepan Von Strang

Sir Chaos

• Captain
  • Artillery Fanboy
« Reply #1328 on: 14 February 2020, 05:55:19 »
Very intriguing idea.

Though Crazy Nicky Kerensky might be the wrong person to empower Trent for this, considering how he annihilated an entire Clan of innocents as an object lesson to the others.
-Frederick the Great

Chris OFarrell

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #1329 on: 14 February 2020, 06:07:57 »
My thought that it wasn't REALLY Nicky but a 'something assuming the form of someone Trent would respect' whatever.
Or just a board Random Omnipotent Being wanting some entertainment.
"I, the Baron of Strang, care not for your new names. Clans? Jade Falcons? I call you by your true name: Scum of the Star League, traitors of free will, persecutors of the Periphery come back to lord it over freedom-loving people. Come ahead, you steel-eyed robots! Come ahead and taste what a million like-minded people think of you and your damn Clans!"

-Baron Stepan Von Strang

Sir Chaos

• Captain
  • Artillery Fanboy
« Reply #1330 on: 14 February 2020, 06:17:54 »
My thought that it wasn't REALLY Nicky but a 'something assuming the form of someone Trent would respect' whatever.
Or just a board Random Omnipotent Being wanting some entertainment.

Ah... the old "a form you are comfortable with" trick. Good point.
-Frederick the Great

drakensis

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1331 on: 03 March 2020, 02:54:55 »
Tribble 613

In 3022 the Archon and First Prince meet on Terra to secure the FedCom Accords. The redhead and the blonde get along quite well, but there is no marriage clause to the treaty between Hanse Davion and the Archon's daughter Melissa. That would be quite awkward as they're both female.

(inspired when I discovered, to my surprise, that while Hanse is apparently a real name, it's a feminine name. Now, over 1,000 years that could easily change but it's an interesting AU idea)

"It's national writing month, not national writing week and a half you jerk" - Consequences, 9th November 2018

Sharpnel

• Colonel
« Reply #1332 on: 03 March 2020, 03:20:08 »
Hanse is like a derivative of Hansel. According to Babynolgy.com there are m ore masculine forms of the name, Hansel, than there are feminine
Consigliere Trygg Bender, CRD-3BL Crusader, The Blazer Mafia
Takehiro 'Taco' Uchimiya, SHD-2H Shadow Hawk 'Taco', Crimson Oasis Trading Company

"Of what use is a dream, if not a blueprint for courageous action" -Adam West
As I get older, I realize that I'm not as good as I once was.
"Life is too short to be living someone else's dream" - Hugh Hefner

SulliMike23

• Lieutenant
  • The Brotherhood will expand in the Inner Sphere!
« Reply #1333 on: 03 March 2020, 11:38:24 »
I don't think it would necessarily be awkward, after all, one of the leaders of the Terran Hegemony was a lesbian.

Iron Grenadier

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #1334 on: 06 March 2020, 01:36:37 »
Tribble #614

You wake up as one of the founders of one of the Great Houses - Lucien Davion, Shiro Kurita, or whichever faction you like best.

Instead of death, you find yourself as yet another leader of the house, a few generations removed. This continues over and over until the 31st century is reached.

How do you direct the nation, especially once you realize you are leaping through time?

*inspired by the Davion & Davion (Deceased) story from Drakensis, the current crop of SI stories and watching a re-run of Quantum Leap.

SulliMike23

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1335 on: 06 March 2020, 21:31:38 »
Hmm...Imagine if you were Minoru Kurita just before landing on Kentares IV...

gladius

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1336 on: 06 March 2020, 22:30:30 »
Hmm...Imagine if you were Minoru Kurita just before landing on Kentares IV...
Stay in my cockpit. Weld it shut from the inside if I have to.

Atarlost

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #1337 on: 07 March 2020, 00:05:13 »
I don't think it would necessarily be awkward, after all, one of the leaders of the Terran Hegemony was a lesbian.

You can't have a dynastic union between two lesbians.  The heir has to be descended from both of them and that requires two different kinds of gamete.  Adoption is not an option with all the would be usurpers floating around the Lyran Commonwealth.  Also, Melissa is too young to have a solidly established sexual orientation, but statistics say the safe money is on her being heterosexual, which is thus how Katrina has to negotiate the treaty. 

Sharpnel

• Colonel
« Reply #1338 on: 07 March 2020, 02:39:24 »
You can't have a dynastic union between two lesbians.  The heir has to be descended from both of them and that requires two different kinds of gamete.  Adoption is not an option with all the would be usurpers floating around the Lyran Commonwealth.  Also, Melissa is too young to have a solidly established sexual orientation, but statistics say the safe money is on her being heterosexual, which is thus how Katrina has to negotiate the treaty.
Yes you can. One of the ladies, preferably the dynast,  has a baby via IVF (anonymous) and then declares the child her heir. Sure, it's technically a bastard, but still her child. As the Dynast, she can declare her own heir. Until Hanse got Melissa as his wife, Morgan Hasek-Davion was his designated heir. This has happened often in our history, so why should the fake future be any different?
Consigliere Trygg Bender, CRD-3BL Crusader, The Blazer Mafia
Takehiro 'Taco' Uchimiya, SHD-2H Shadow Hawk 'Taco', Crimson Oasis Trading Company

"Of what use is a dream, if not a blueprint for courageous action" -Adam West
As I get older, I realize that I'm not as good as I once was.
"Life is too short to be living someone else's dream" - Hugh Hefner

gladius

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1339 on: 07 March 2020, 03:11:08 »
Yes you can. One of the ladies, preferably the dynast,  has a baby via IVF (anonymous) and then declares the child her heir. Sure, it's technically a bastard, but still her child. As the Dynast, she can declare her own heir. Until Hanse got Melissa as his wife, Morgan Hasek-Davion was his designated heir. This has happened often in our history, so why should the fake future be any different?
Or, the technology exists to create an embryo from the DNA of two women. At worst, a trip to Canopus for the procedure, or the NAIS could handle it.

DoctorMonkey

• Captain
  • user briefly known as Khan of Clan Sex Panther
« Reply #1340 on: 07 March 2020, 11:14:07 »

Or, the technology exists to create an embryo from the DNA of two women. At worst, a trip to Canopus for the procedure, or the NAIS could handle it.

We could almost certainly do it with today's technology if it hasn't already been (probably not with humans due to restrictions on testing/experimentation with humans but any mammal will do)

The male gamete is really just a bundle of DNA, it is the female gamete that provides (almost) all of the other stuff like mitochondria (which is why we trace back female lines genetically via mitochondrial DNA and male lines via Y chromosomes)

The child would be a daughter, there wouldn't be a Y chromosome possible from either parent

Either could be the "mother" but I would say that title would go to either the one who carried the pregnancy or the one who donated the mitochondria etc

One neat option might be for both combinations to be generated in vitro and then both implanted and then they would likely be born around the same time (barring problems) or for dynastic purposes could be either born by C-section at exactly the same time... or go the other way and have a gap between the two

Sorry, this is starting to edge into areas I know actually know about hence the somewhat rambling response!
Avatar stollen from spacebattles.com motivational posters thread

ChanMan: "Capellan Ingenuity: The ability to lose battles to Davion forces in new and implausible ways"

Lone-Wolf

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1341 on: 07 March 2020, 12:36:05 »
Tribble #614
You wake up as one of the founders of one of the Great Houses - Lucien Davion, Shiro Kurita, or whichever faction you like best.
Instead of death, you find yourself as yet another leader of the house, a few generations removed. This continues over and over until the 31st century is reached.
How do you direct the nation, especially once you realize you are leaping through time?
*inspired by the Davion & Davion (Deceased) story from Drakensis, the current crop of SI stories and watching a re-run of Quantum Leap.

Make sure that Holy Shroud cannot happen by hiding all technological knowledge at multiple black sites.
Building mech-, aerospacefighter-, dropshipfactories, jumpship- and warshipyards in every second planetary System around the inner core of my realm (of course SECRET factories and hidden in mountain ranges or under the oceans or under a desert , but just hiding them and yes, the Yards in space I would cover them with black painted jumpshipsails so they would be very hard to spot - if you arrive via zenith or Nadir point).
And last but not least: making sure that every planet has a REAL defense force. The table at one of the rulebooks with just max 2 regiments I consider laughable.
I would demand at least West-German defence levels of the Cold War:
West-Germany had 60 million citizens and 500.000 served in the Armed Forces with 2.200 tanks and about 450 combat aircraft. And this would be my goal per planet per 60 million citizens.

drakensis

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1342 on: 04 April 2020, 02:19:01 »

(responding to someone else suggesting a ComStar schism leading to multiple factions)

Kick it off with Kentares and ComStar spreading the word of the massacre so Jinjiro Kurita concludes they are 'enemies of the Dragon' and seizes the Combine HPGs. This would be before Toyama's religious reform and the massive loss of scientists so running their own HPGs is within their capacity.

This can then follow up with a spat between the Capellan and Free Worlds League networks over which branch should control the HPGs on worlds that changed hands. An elderly Blake fails to rein this in effectively and Precentor Andurien breaks away, establishing his own network with support from the FWL (particularly the resurgent Duchy of Andurien) and extending their service into the Magistracy of Canopus. The core regions of the FWL stay under Terran ComStar due to Andurien's limited reach.

The strain of this kills Jerome Blake about a year before canon and before he's solidified Toyama as his successor. As a result ComStar schisms between Toyama 'political' faction and Schwepps more 'corporate' faction. House Steiner had never been comfortable with ComStar (particularly their tax exempt status) and this region's HPGs (except in the old RWR) flips directly to Schwepps, although he loses control over Terra to Toyama. While the remaining FWL, RWR, Capellan and FedSuns HPGs remain aligned with Toyama, Schweppes gets support from Taurus who want their HPGs back and are happy to give influence to an anti-Terran faction.

Toyama is eager to rebuild his influence, particularly with the FWL as an avenue to getting 'Andurien ComStar' (still the smallest of the four factions) under his thumb. Thus events play out much as the ComStar War did in canon, with Charles Marik getting played by his sister (a ComStar adept) before finally realising he was being pawned. Rather than destroying Oriente HPG (a First Circuit HPG station in his era) he captures it and sets up a new FWL-managed HPG network for everything outside of Andurien ComStar's region and outlying regions like Tamarind.

The latter regions, along with the old RWR, are now cut off from Terra and have to sort themselves out, operating as a loose network of semi-autonomous Precentor fiefs, making the region mildly hellish for communications. Still, its a backwater so no one really cares.

This leaves the only real 'old ComStar' regions being the diminished Capellan Confederation and the Federated Suns - who are not happy to be sharing an HPG network, particularly as the now resource-short ComStar starts stinting outlying regions - which leads to the 'Schwepps-Taurian' network expanding into the FedSuns outback and the Aurigan region (which is breaking off from the Confederation at this time). House Davion and House Liao are mostly holding off on a break since they hope to extort concessions from Terra for their loyalty. When Toyama's successor makes it clear that this isn't going to happen, Michael Davion opens the rest of the Suns to the Schwepps-Taurians.

House Liao make a play for Terran control at this time, which backfires when the Terran government takes over the ComGuards forces and the rebuilt SDS network, obliterating the Capellan's last warships. The Capellan HPG network claims to henceforth be the 'true' successors to the SLDF Ministry of Communications, with the Terran rump (still active only on worlds within direct HPG range of Terra) firmly under the control of the Terran Planetary Government but still acting as a neutral clearinghouse between nations and the other HPG networks - if only as a last resort.

The factions would be:

ComStar (controls HPGs within the Capellan Confederation's current borders, whatever they may be)
Terran Ministry of Communications (has HPGs on worlds within 50 light years of Terra, sometimes alongside those of other networks)
Schwepps-Taurus (controls HPGs in the Taurian Concordat, Federated Suns and nearby periphery areas)
Voice of the Dragon (controls the HPGs of the Draconis Combine, controlled by ISF)
Schwepps-Steiner (controls HPGs in the Skye, Tamar and adjacent provinces of Donegal regions of the Lyran Commonwealth)
HPG Free League (controls HPGs in the major/central provinces of the FWL)
Anduri-Comm (centred in Andurien but also has HPGs in Canopus and along the FWL rim)
Anti-Spinward Precentors (dozens of small networks loosely aligned but with exact influence shifting periodically as worlds sign direct contracts with local Precentors), covering the anti-spinward regions of the FWL and Lyran Commonwealth, as well as such as remains of the old RWR).
"It's national writing month, not national writing week and a half you jerk" - Consequences, 9th November 2018

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #1343 on: 04 April 2020, 04:54:23 »
Interesting idea!  Makes it hard (and expensive) to get messages around, but why wouldn't it be?

EAGLE 7

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1344 on: 04 April 2020, 10:10:11 »
Schwepps-Taurus (controls HPGs in the Taurian Concordat, Federated Suns and nearby periphery areas)

Secondary effects of economic and political status between Taurians and Fed Suns improves, due to Comstar style shenanigans aimed at improving market share.
 When did ROM come into existence?

Schwepps-Taurus & Schwepps-Steiner begins the scene push for an early FEDCOM, but one that is allied Taurans.
“ My Clan honor is bigger than your Dragon honor, and comes in 18 clan flavors.”

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #1345 on: 04 April 2020, 11:48:25 »
And also lessens the possibility of a Kapteyn Accord...

SulliMike23

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1346 on: 04 April 2020, 13:49:00 »
This would also make it hard for the Clans because with ComStar as mediators and a "neutral party" during the invasion, they were able to learn a lot about the defenders of each world they took. But with this, the Clans will have a harder time of not only keeping the local populations in line, but not have any relevant data on local defenders.

wolfcannon

• Lieutenant
    • wolfcannon's photobucket album
« Reply #1347 on: 07 April 2020, 01:14:34 »
Tribble 616

In 2751 Simon Cameron was killed and General Kerensky was made regent to 7 year old Richard.   General Kerensky while mourning the loss of his friend decided to let Aaron DeChavilier take over as General of the Army, and raise Richard as his own son. For 11 years Richard grew under Alexander’s guidance and was there for Nicholas and Andery’s births.

When Richard came of Age he rebuffed Amaris’s attempts at worming his way into the good graces of the Cameron’s and began to find ways to pull the Star League out of Taurian and Magistracy territory.

(inspired by JA Baker Who goes there: Forbidden History in where Alexander regrets his choices. an interesting AU idea yes?)
« Last Edit: 07 April 2020, 02:29:50 by wolfcannon »
Daniels Avenger                Clan Coyote
General Jennifer Daniels    Galaxy Commander Jim Skyes
                                        Omicron Galaxy
Clan Wolf in Exile
328th Assault Cluster(the Lion Hearted)
Star Captain James Sword

drakensis

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1348 on: 07 April 2020, 01:26:03 »
I can't claim credit for that one. Forbidden History is JA Baker's work.

wolfcannon

• Lieutenant
    • wolfcannon's photobucket album
« Reply #1349 on: 07 April 2020, 02:30:11 »
my apologies.  fixed
Daniels Avenger                Clan Coyote
General Jennifer Daniels    Galaxy Commander Jim Skyes
                                        Omicron Galaxy
Clan Wolf in Exile
328th Assault Cluster(the Lion Hearted)
Star Captain James Sword