Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
My shipping only dropped about 1/3 from the original posting, is about $75 USD higher than was 'checked' on the discord, and is still 20% of my order in price. So 30% to 20%.

$460 on a $2300 order in U.S., but to an APO (which I'm assuming they're going fewer packages and ground, which is more expensive typically than multiple packages and priority. Ground or larger singular packages is terrible for shipping to APO.)
Combat Vehicles / Re: Pike Support Vehicle (Blazer): Just for Daryk
« Last post by Daryk on Today at 03:16:09 »
Fair point! :D
Australian here. Shipping dropped to about 10% of my order, with sales tax adding another 10% (not QML's issue.) So shipping dropped by about a third.
Fan Fiction / Re: Opalescent Reflections
« Last post by PsihoKekec on Today at 02:56:11 »
It's good to see Tyra getting a measure of revenge and Sarah getting dunked on by the events, nudging here ever closer to hate nirvana.
Strategic Combat / Re: Strategic Battleforce: Generic Units
« Last post by Mostro Joe on Today at 02:29:55 »
You are using Elements to form Units.  Units are Battleforce scale pieces, comprised of 4-6 Elements.  Units are the building blocks for SBF Formations.  That is why you need a group of four to six Elements (Alpha Strike cards) to form the Units you require for SBF play.  Alpha Strike IS Battleforce, but on a tactical scale the same as TW, but with the simplification used to enable the higher scales preserved on the tactical level of play.

Ok, but the SBF is based on AS stats. And the stats about infantries are the ones I linked. So I'm trying to understand how Alexander Knight calculated his generic Infantry units.
My shipping dropped to about $55, which is very welcome. I got a Battalion and a couple add-ons, but no neoprene matts.
Fan Fiction / Re: Iron Father
« Last post by Gorgon on Today at 02:10:42 »
Oh, that's a interesting story you've got there! I don't think I've ever read about a stranded MD operative before. Let's find out how those night haunts and corrupt nobles deal with the full power of an Archangel...
pricey? how so?

So this shadowhawk is paying for 2 sets of weapons, a long range set with LRM and ERPPC, and close range set of 15 heat in stuff, and it doesnt have the heat to provide overlap fire which I consider kinda a hallmark thing of shadow hawks.  This is not the cheap generalist shadowhawk with overlapping weapons to support other units that it can fire all of and be heat neutral, this is a long range skirmisher plus a short range brawler.  It costs more then a wolverine 7k brawler, and more then a griffin 3m long range skirmisher. 

It loses the identity of the shadowhawk that fires all its weapons at all ranges while being heat neutral, for a specialized bracket fire mech that is worse at brawling a wolverine and long range skirmishing a griffin, but unlike other shadowhawks now its more expensive then both of them in BV.

I agree with you that the 3050 clan invasion shadowhawks needs love--your version is certainly way better then clan invasion shadowhawks, I just think it lost its identity as a 'hawk somewhere along the way.
So as a design program I use megamek which as far as i know doesn't have structures rules where would i find the structure rules. Second the turrets are considered to be deployed permanently around the base before battle being covered in concrete effectively a reinforced building over it.

The ones deployed in just dirt were intended for the hole to be excavated by a engineering vehicle with bulldozer backhoe and lift hoist to get the job done.
There is things like interrupting fire in tac ops to shoot things mid jump, but it is harder to hit to make that snap shot.  The rules are pretty unbalanced though, as since they can ignore TMM.  Opportunity fire is +2 if you give up your shot the previous turn, or +3 if you shoot in the middle of your movement (with only 1 weapon this way), but opportunity fire is almost always gonna be directed at targets that haven't moved much, so what you pay in +2 or +3 you make up for in explicitly ignoring their TMM.  So, allowing opportunity fire instantly makes TMM above 2 pretty worthless--just shoot at targets that have only moved 1-2 hexes in the middle of their movement.

Same with the buried turrets.  The tac ops rule for prepared positions and half levels and such exist that can make it so you only hit the turret, but those rules are pretty bad.  The hex ideally needs to be fortified by infantry, and the turret needs to spend 2 MP digging in, which im not sure a trailer can do... the tow vehicle can, but trailers have 0 MP and cant get hull down as they dont spend MP (nor do I think they should be allowed to).  If it can, then the issue becomes what the CF of the fortifications are.  It would be easier to destroy the tiny half level or fortification hex at -4 then the turret at +2 from hull down that put 200+ armor into the turret.

And it goes without saying that if you dont use the various collection of half level rules, the burried turret concept doesnt work anyway, as its pretty in the weeds of stacking a few tac ops rules to get to the point that you ignore all damage on your front and side arc.  Especially when we have rules for building turrets with the structure rules that dont get these massive bonuses.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10