Author Topic: Sad news about Clangador...  (Read 10379 times)

twycross

• Sergeant
  • Death from above! DEATH FROM ABOVE!
Sad news about Clangador...
« on: 13 July 2017, 03:03:07 »
I hate to be the bearer of tragic news, bit it looks like Christopher "Clangador" Yoder has passed away. I don't have many details, but I do have the GoFundMe link that his wife set up to help with the unplanned expenses of his funeral. There's a few details there, if anyone's interested.

https://www.gofundme.com/chrisyoderburialcosts

-Josh "Twycross" Ellis
Badgers? We don't need no stinkin' badgers! Now Wombat, on the other hand, would be just the ticket right about now...and guns lots and lots of guns...and nukes, lots of them, too.

Sharpnel

• Colonel
Re: Sad news about Clangador...
« Reply #1 on: 13 July 2017, 06:48:16 »
Sad news indeed. RIP Clangador
Consigliere Trygg Bender, CRD-3BL Crusader, The Blazer Mafia
Takehiro 'Taco' Uchimiya, SHD-2H Shadow Hawk 'Taco', Crimson Oasis Trading Company

"Of what use is a dream, if not a blueprint for courageous action" -Adam West
As I get older, I realize that I'm not as good as I once was.
"Life is too short to be living someone else's dream" - Hugh Hefner

Atlas3060

• ugh this guy again
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Just some rando
« Reply #2 on: 13 July 2017, 10:29:50 »
Damn, just damn. :(
It has been a while since I've looked at the MW Hall, but hearing this news made me realize how long I've known him at least from a username perspective.

My thoughts and sympathies go to his family. It is never easy to lose a loved one.
It's not about winning or losing, no it's all about how many chapters have you added to the rule books after your crazy antics.

JadeHellbringer

• Easily Bribed Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
« Reply #3 on: 13 July 2017, 10:39:26 »
Gonna sticky this for a while, partly so people see it and partly in remembrance. Clang was a good guy, always appreciated his warped sense of humor. It's never easy to lose one of our own, nor does it get easier with repetition. RIP, my friend.

I keep wanting to make some stupid joke about a 21-Hollander salute or something, but it just feels hollow.
"There's a difference between the soldier and his fight,
But the warrior knows the true meaning of his life."
+Larry and his Flask, 'Blood Drunk'+

"You know, basically war is just, like, a bunch of people playing pranks on each other, but at the end they all die."
+Crow T. Robot+

ClarkeMarek

• Captain
  • The original
« Reply #4 on: 13 July 2017, 10:52:18 »
FNORD!!!!!!!!

But on a serious note, it caught me off guard.  I realize that I may not have known him that well, but he was one hell of a guy.  He was out there, but not too far out there.  I think he may have been the one to introduce me to the idea that, "Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional."  Not to mention the Soylent Green references.(Now I'm going to have to see that movie.  Gee, I hope he didn't spoil it for me. :D )  Rest well, Clang. :( 
"Son, if dynamite was dangerous, do you think they'd sell it to an idiot like me?"~Al Bundy
Five rounds, rapid!

God and Davion

• Excelencia Steiner
  • Administrator
  • Major
  • This place for rent
« Reply #5 on: 13 July 2017, 12:55:10 »
This is really awful. Toughts and prayers.
We are back again... but we never forget Albatross

The Mighty ACHOO

• Major
  • GET OFF MY LAWN!
« Reply #6 on: 13 July 2017, 14:08:39 »
This is....terrible. Damn. I will miss him terribly, and I have never actually met him.
If you are waiting for me to go out of my mind you will have to wait. The exits are not clearly marked and the doors open the wrong way. Oh, and the doors are trapped!

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #7 on: 13 July 2017, 21:30:06 »
I just meet him when he got back.  What terrible thing to happen to him and his family.
I'm going help them if i can. What sad thing.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Colonel
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
« Reply #8 on: 13 July 2017, 21:31:18 »
My thoughts & prayers with his family, loved ones, and friends.

To absent friends.

W.
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #9 on: 15 July 2017, 10:07:40 »
Clang was funny, yes. Clang was morbid, yes. Death isn't a joke, he will be missed.

My online personality weeps from the lose, and so do I. Farewell Clang...

Truetanker
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Demon55

• Captain
  • Planning wisely.
« Reply #10 on: 24 July 2017, 12:46:36 »
May he rest in eternal comfort.

MoparMessiah

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Pimpin' Mopar Goodness since the Dawn of Time
« Reply #11 on: 27 July 2017, 01:19:50 »
Guys,

I received a text from Chris the day before he passed away.  He would send me texts at all hours.  Most complaining about the heat if the weather in Tacoma got over 75F.  I got to meet Chris twice, once up in Tacoma where we got to game and once he stayed at my house on his way to Disneyland with his family. 

He was a very funny guy with a sharp wit.  I once told him that if we lived closer together he would learn to turn wrenches and I would be constantly gaming with him. 

Sadly Chris suffered from anxiety and depression.  I never knew - not from texting or email or phone conversations.  I, nor his wife, knew how bad it was and as a result Chris took his own life on June 27th. 

It's beyond sad and I am more than pissed off about it.  We will never be able to enjoy his antics again, nor will I get random FNORD text in the middle of the night.

So goodbye my brother from another mother.  I will miss you far more that you will ever know.

Chris M (MoparMessiah)

Force of Nature

• Lieutenant
  • Battletech and Paintball. Life is good.
« Reply #12 on: 23 October 2017, 19:15:05 »
My condolences go out to his family also. However, since I have never met him either and there are three people seen in the above links picture, which one was he?

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #13 on: 24 October 2017, 12:30:39 »
Older gentleman on the right. Sad day twas.

Still miss his antics today...

Truetanker
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

The Mighty ACHOO

• Major
  • GET OFF MY LAWN!
« Reply #14 on: 14 July 2019, 16:11:19 »
It's hard to believe that it has been 2 years...…..  :(
If you are waiting for me to go out of my mind you will have to wait. The exits are not clearly marked and the doors open the wrong way. Oh, and the doors are trapped!

ClarkeMarek

• Captain
  • The original
« Reply #15 on: 14 July 2019, 21:51:57 »
*renders salute*

*goes back to eating Soylent Green ration*
"Son, if dynamite was dangerous, do you think they'd sell it to an idiot like me?"~Al Bundy
Five rounds, rapid!

MoparMessiah

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Pimpin' Mopar Goodness since the Dawn of Time
« Reply #16 on: 01 August 2019, 11:52:45 »
Update - Chris' son is an inspiring actor and he has been in a lot of plays in the Tacoma area.  I'm trying to get up there to see a show. 

ClarkeMarek

• Captain
  • The original
« Reply #17 on: 02 August 2019, 01:12:18 »
Update - Chris' son is an inspiring actor and he has been in a lot of plays in the Tacoma area.  I'm trying to get up there to see a show.

Most excellent!  :thumbsup: Chris would be proud. :)
Five rounds, rapid!