Author Topic: Errata Discussion Thread - Questions HERE, not in Errata Threads  (Read 311520 times)

ShroudedSciuridae

• Warrant Officer
Re: Errata Discussion Thread - Questions HERE, not in Errata Threads
« Reply #1320 on: 22 April 2023, 06:44:21 »
Where should we report errors (not bugs) on the BattleTech Tactical App? For example the Timber Wolf Prime has incorrect critical Hit tables. The order is off pretty much everywhere, but both arms are missing the ER Large slots and have added a Hand Actuator.
"Assassinating" the Clan commander's goldfish is hardly the stuff of legend.

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
« Reply #1321 on: 22 April 2023, 10:40:58 »
I'm not sure, I'm afraid.  I would suggest asking this in Ask the Devs, as they're more likely to be able to point you to useful feedback channels.
3028-3057 Random Assignment Tables -
Also contains faction deployment & rarity info.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=1219.0

pokefan548

• Captain
  • The Barracuda knows where it is, hence the -2 mod.
    • Poke's Aerospace Academy (Discord Server)
« Reply #1322 on: 28 April 2023, 13:58:49 »
Does the latest AGoAC errata apply to the recent PDF copy distributed via Kickstarter?
Poke's Aerospace Academy
The best place to learn and discuss AeroTech.

"Poke is just a figment of our imagination really." - Siam
"Poke isn't a real person, he's just an algorithm programmed by CGL to try and get people to try the aerospace rules." - Phantasm
"I want to plant the meat eating trees and the meat growing trees on the same planet! Watch that plant on plant violence!" - Sawtooth
Leviathans: The Great War Backer #224
BattleTech: Mercenaries Backer #23

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
« Reply #1323 on: 28 April 2023, 14:01:06 »
I have no idea; I wasn't even aware that they did that again for this kickstarter.  The release for the first kickstarter was the 1st printing.  As all printings are now flagged with their version number, you should just be able to open the PDF to page 2 and see right away: the new version says "Corrected Seventh Printing".

pokefan548

• Captain
« Reply #1324 on: 28 April 2023, 14:18:55 »
Total Warfare C10P errata differs from the updated PDF copy.

Changes to Destroying a Unit on p. 128 were misplaced within the note on Forced Withdrawal rather than the 'Mechs subheading within Total Warfare.

Changes to VTOL Combat Vehicles on p. 196 were misplaced under the main heading instead of the To-Hit Modifiers subheading within the Errata document.
Poke's Aerospace Academy

"Poke isn't a real person, he's just an algorithm programmed by CGL to try and get people to try the aerospace rules." - Phantasm
"I want to plant the meat eating trees and the meat growing trees on the same planet! Watch that plant on plant violence!" - Sawtooth

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
« Reply #1325 on: 28 April 2023, 14:26:47 »
I'll flag the Destroying a Unit change for a future reprint and up a quick silent fix for the TW errata PDF as that one is just a minor mislabelling on my part.
« Last Edit: 28 April 2023, 14:39:57 by Xotl »

pokefan548

• Captain
« Reply #1326 on: 30 April 2023, 13:02:16 »
TechManual states that Remote Sensor Dispensers carry 30 sensors a pop, whereas Alpha Strike seems to treat each dispenser as only carrying a single sensor. That's a pretty big discrepancy, should this be corrected?
Poke's Aerospace Academy

ArcFurnace

• Sergeant
« Reply #1327 on: 09 May 2023, 19:57:49 »
Total Warfare errata (v10.0) page 5, point 3, involves removing a phrase from TW page 55 indicating that voluntary movement of a WiGE vehicle could potentially cause an unintentional charge. The rules for VTOL movement on TW page 54 (at least in my 9th printing) contain an identical passage to that removed from the WiGE Movement rules. Was this section intentionally left intact, or should it be removed as well?

GreekFire

• Aeternus Ignis
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
« Reply #1328 on: 21 May 2023, 07:58:35 »
Not seeing a proper thread, so posting it here:

Kell Hounds Force Pack, Griffin C card:
---Change PV from 37 to 45.
Tu habites au Québec? Tu veux jouer au BattleTech? Envoie-moi un message!

Gribbly

• Sergeant
« Reply #1329 on: 22 May 2023, 17:02:03 »
On the expanded movement costs table page 30 TO:AR:

Should footnote 24 (re bogging down) be added to the Tundra entry?

Footnote 6 refers specifically to Sand terrain but is also on the lines for Clear and Tundra. Presumably there should be either a separate footnote for increased MP cost for wheeled support vehicles without 'off-road' instead, or it should be removed from those lines.

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
« Reply #1330 on: 22 May 2023, 17:40:47 »
On the expanded movement costs table page 30 TO:AR:

Should footnote 24 (re bogging down) be added to the Tundra entry?

Footnote 6 refers specifically to Sand terrain but is also on the lines for Clear and Tundra. Presumably there should be either a separate footnote for increased MP cost for wheeled support vehicles without 'off-road' instead, or it should be removed from those lines.

I'll add it to my review notes for any future reprint.  Thanks.

boy_inna_box

• Recruit
« Reply #1331 on: 26 May 2023, 12:05:22 »
For the new AS:CE 6.0 PRE errata, with the change to Sandblaster SPA using a standard attack, instead of just one of the specials, is there any reason to take Cluster Hitter anymore?  Both cost 2 points, both give a plus one damage, but Cluster Hitter requires standstill and doesn't increase to +2 dmg at short range. 

Joel47

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
  • I paid for my Atlas by selling action figures.
« Reply #1332 on: 26 May 2023, 13:01:57 »
In the new AS:CE 6.0 PRE errata, the addition to Multiple Attack Rolls lists
The turret attacks must always be the secondary target when mixed with a non-turret attack.
twice at different points in the new paragraph, on both p26 and p44 of the errata doc.

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
« Reply #1333 on: 26 May 2023, 13:19:27 »
In the new AS:CE 6.0 PRE errata, the addition to Multiple Attack Rolls lists ... twice at different points in the new paragraph, on both p26 and p44 of the errata doc.

Corrected in the PRE, though it may appear in the new printing of the book as it may be too late to get corrections in there.  Thanks.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #1334 on: 26 May 2023, 15:36:50 »
Is that change to Sandblaster intended to propagate to AToW? ???

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
« Reply #1335 on: 26 May 2023, 15:57:42 »
No ASCE changes are intended to spread to other versions of the game at this time.  While CO, ASCE and ATOW all use variants of the same rules in places, each makes changes to those for the purposes of their own unique ecosystem.  It might happen if an ATOW dev decides it's a good idea, but again, no plans at this time.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #1336 on: 26 May 2023, 16:00:25 »
Thanks!  I'll keep Sandblaster as it is for AToW characters I make.  :)

pokefan548

• Captain
« Reply #1337 on: 26 May 2023, 19:26:55 »
In the example for special physical attacks, the PNT-9R is listed as having 10"/16"j movement. Was this meant to be a different 'Mech?
Poke's Aerospace Academy

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1338 on: 26 May 2023, 21:33:05 »
In the example for special physical attacks, the PNT-9R is listed as having 10"/16"j movement. Was this meant to be a different 'Mech?

PNT-13K
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Tukayyid Expanded Random Unit Tables, Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

Terminal

• Recruit
« Reply #1339 on: 31 May 2023, 10:24:28 »
Under the new errata for Ballistic-Reinforced Armor, it lists FLK in both the reduces damage and won't reduce damage sections

Ballistic-reinforced armor reduces the damage from standard weapon attack that have the AC, FLK, IATM, IF, LRM, or SRM special

Ballistic-reinforced armor will not reduce damage from attacks made using the ART, BOMB, MSL, or FLK specials.

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1340 on: 01 June 2023, 07:34:44 »
AS:CE

p.35
The Unit Movement Mode Table doesn't include VTOL as an Infantry Movement type.

The vehicle/infantry distinctions are being removed anyway, it's just one list of movement types.

(bonus query)
p.38
Are VTOL infantry meant to dismount airborne transports as standard ground infantry, like Jump infantry, or as their own thing?
As standard ground infantry, and please do not put questions in the errata threads.  Errata threads are for final text corrections, not for questions or to request errata.  (Rules questions threads or the general forums for those).  "are VTOL infantry.." is not what will go in the book, therefore it's not errata.

I'm confused by "a transport carrying mechanized battle armor may not go airborne or use WiGE, VTOL......movement" being added to page 38

Do that mean that the Karpov (BA) variant can't fly while loaded with BA if it doesn't start the scenario already loaded with BA?

Edit: I think this is specifically about Omni having units correct? It doesn't impact the normal relationship between CAR and IT?
Yeah, mechanized battle armor is significant there.  Mechanized battle armor are those using the MEC special to ride OMNI units.  And only refers to those units while they are actively using the MEC special to ride OMNI units, not just units with MEC, but units using MEC.

(and see above, questions do not go in errata threads.  errata are the instructions to layout about what should actually go in the book.  questions can go in this thread, rules questions forum, or the general forums. thanks.)
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Tukayyid Expanded Random Unit Tables, Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

CReller

• Recruit
« Reply #1341 on: 08 June 2023, 14:29:10 »
Is there any news on when the 6.0 PRE Errata will be pushed to the errata page on bg.battletech?

Last note had it supposed to be posted on the 6th.

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
« Reply #1342 on: 08 June 2023, 17:31:31 »
6th was the ideal day because I have traditionally released errata on the 6th of June.  However, there were some very, very last minute attempts at additions to the new printing and I won't know if those made it in (and in turn, what pieces should be in the 6.0 final errata doc) until I hear from the intrepid layout fellow.  I can say that if I don't know by the 9th, then the errata won't be made official until the end of the month, as I'm going on vacation on the 10th until the 26th abouts.

However, anything in it at this point is going to be official: it's just a matter of what else is going to be added.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #1343 on: 08 June 2023, 17:52:24 »
Enjoy your vacation, good sir!  Most of us (at least) will wait patiently for your return...  :)

SANSd20

• Sergeant
« Reply #1344 on: 08 June 2023, 23:20:12 »
[...] I'm going on vacation on the 10th until the 26th abouts.

Enjoy your holiday to Canopus!
Mecr KS back #244

CReller

• Recruit
« Reply #1345 on: 09 June 2023, 09:41:59 »
6th was the ideal day because I have traditionally released errata on the 6th of June.  However, there were some very, very last minute attempts at additions to the new printing and I won't know if those made it in (and in turn, what pieces should be in the 6.0 final errata doc) until I hear from the intrepid layout fellow.  I can say that if I don't know by the 9th, then the errata won't be made official until the end of the month, as I'm going on vacation on the 10th until the 26th abouts.

However, anything in it at this point is going to be official: it's just a matter of what else is going to be added.

Thanks for the quick update, have a good vacation!

Brym

• Corporal
« Reply #1346 on: 14 June 2023, 09:22:20 »
My physical Battle of Tukkayid book I got a couple months ago is the third printing. But the errata page on the battletech website and the errata thread on this forum only mention a second printing. Do they need to be updated, or am I missing something?

I discovered this because a buddy and I were going to build forces for a campaign. I lent him my physical book and I was working off the pdf. We were surprised to find that we had different FP costs and totals to work with.

Relatedly, does anyone know if the catalyst store updates PDFs to the newest version like drivethrurpg does?  I thought it did, but if I go to my download page it still serves me the second printing pdf. Does a third printing pdf exist?

pokefan548

• Captain
« Reply #1347 on: 14 June 2023, 11:19:33 »
My physical Battle of Tukkayid book I got a couple months ago is the third printing. But the errata page on the battletech website and the errata thread on this forum only mention a second printing. Do they need to be updated, or am I missing something?

I discovered this because a buddy and I were going to build forces for a campaign. I lent him my physical book and I was working off the pdf. We were surprised to find that we had different FP costs and totals to work with.

Relatedly, does anyone know if the catalyst store updates PDFs to the newest version like drivethrurpg does?  I thought it did, but if I go to my download page it still serves me the second printing pdf. Does a third printing pdf exist?
CGL does normally update their PDFs. Odd that your physical copy is a later printing than your digital one.
Poke's Aerospace Academy

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #1348 on: 14 June 2023, 12:58:40 »
i'll put it on a list of things to bug Xotl about when he returns from vacation

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
« Reply #1349 on: 27 June 2023, 11:02:36 »

There was a third printing, yes, though I don't have a PDF copy yet so it might be that one doesn't exist yet.  I'll go pester people to see about having one uploaded.

There were a handful of errata pieces for it.  I'll update the errata doc today I think.

Register