Author Topic: Goodbye, Capella. Goodbye, BattleTech.  (Read 29924 times)

MadCapellan

• Furibunda Scriptorem
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • In the name of Xin Sheng, I will punish you!
    • Check out the anime I've seen & reviewed!
Re: Goodbye, Capella. Goodbye, BattleTech.
« Reply #60 on: 02 April 2013, 00:58:47 »
Would troll again?

Sure!  Why not!

Youngblood

• Captain
  • metalmans no longer dumpy or metal, can't touch
« Reply #61 on: 02 April 2013, 01:14:35 »
You know, I'm not really much for memes actually, anymore.  But I am a little surprised nobody brought up things that originated here.  I was expecting at least 15-20% of the posts on this thread to carry a sort of flavor that no other nerd board could produce.

cold1

• Major
  • Goon
« Reply #62 on: 02 April 2013, 07:20:16 »
Dude, problem was half the posters only half thought you were kidding half of the time.  It was very unclear.  Then after your third or fourth reply you made the joke actually funny.

And to @Hellbie, have you been spending time out on the Eastern Shore of VA/MD lately?  There's a dude over there who apparently finds the 80-some Atsina he's committed hilarious.  They might want to talk to you.

To the patient go the spoils

martian

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #63 on: 02 April 2013, 08:50:20 »
Well played.  ;D

Yeah, I am the nasty creature.

Lorcan Nagle

• 75 tons of heavy metal mayhem
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
« Reply #64 on: 02 April 2013, 13:53:40 »
No.  The mods will just lock it.  That, or sweep it to the MW Hall. 

Yeah, and guess who's low man on the totem pole...
The moderator formerly known as the user formerly known as nenechan

Youngblood

• Captain
« Reply #65 on: 02 April 2013, 14:35:39 »
Dude, problem was half the posters only half thought you were kidding half of the time.  It was very unclear.

There were actually many attempts made at humor in this thread.  Feigning outrage was only one of them.  Some of the humor even produced itself.
« Last Edit: 02 April 2013, 14:38:51 by Youngblood »

RedMarauder

• Warrant Officer
  • It's time to 'Mech House!
« Reply #66 on: 04 April 2013, 10:33:22 »
Nope!  Latest edition only!  Bulking up on old minis isn't fair to the kids who just got in last week on daddy's VISA card.

So you'll be making it more like 40k?
Save the Humans.

Youngblood

• Captain
« Reply #67 on: 04 April 2013, 11:35:04 »
So you'll be making it more like 40k?

They must love that game.  It's such a great game.  All games aspire to become that game.

Hey, are you offering any rates on a second mortgage?

GreekFire

• Aeternus Ignis
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
« Reply #68 on: 04 April 2013, 12:35:33 »
They must love that game.  It's such a great game.  All games aspire to become that game.

Hey, are you offering any rates on a second mortgage?

As an entitled self-employed, self-sustaining and self-competing professional BattleTech champion, I demand you take these "jokes" off of my boards. April fools is done, stop having fun.

NO FUN ALLOWED - - - - NO FUN ALLOWED - - - - NO FUN ALLOWED - - - - NO FUN ALLOWED - - - - NO FUN ALLOWED - - - - NO FUN ALLOWED - - - - NO FUN ALLOWED - - - - NO FUN ALLOWED - - - - NO FUN ALLOWED - - - - NO FUN ALLOWED - - - - NO FUN ALLOWED - - - - NO FUN ALLOWED - - - - NO FUN ALLOWED - - - - NO FUN ALLOWED - - - - NO FUN ALLOWED - - - - [/spoiler]
Tu habites au Québec? Tu veux jouer au BattleTech? Envoie-moi un message!

Youngblood

• Captain
« Reply #69 on: 04 April 2013, 12:44:55 »
To be serious, I am okay with having this thread moved to the MechWarrior Hall, unless the moderators or developers or writers or agents have a cunning plan to freshen up these boards with my unfunny posts.

Paul

• dies a lot at the Solaris Melee Challenge!
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
« Reply #70 on: 04 April 2013, 12:49:42 »
To be serious, I am okay with having this thread moved to the MechWarrior Hall, unless the moderators or developers or writers or agents have a cunning plan to freshen up these boards with my unfunny posts.

We were going to mulch it and use it to feed the azaleas.
The solution is just ignore Paul.

GreekFire

• Aeternus Ignis
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
« Reply #71 on: 04 April 2013, 12:58:29 »
All About the Azalea Flower

The Azalea is a beautiful flower that is popular. This is a flower that people all over the world love and that people know what it is when you say the name Azalea. The Azalea flower is a symbol of femininity and of softness; it is something that you would give a loved one and it is a flower that is found in a lot of beautiful bouquets today. The floral meaning of this flower tells loved ones to take care of themselves for their partner and it is basically a symbol of womanhood so they are asking woman to stay beautiful.

Description of the Azalea Flower

The funny thing about the Azaleas is that they are actually a flowering shrub, so while they aren’t a flower, you are still going to get beautiful flowers off of them. These flowers are part of the Rhododendron family, which means that they are the type of flower that has a lot of volume. But, what makes them different is that they are actually a one flower one stem flower. There are all kinds of great colors that you can get Azaleas in, some of them are white, yellow, pink, purple, and much more. They are beautiful flowers that many different people enjoy for a variety of different reasons.

Uses for the Azalea Flower

For the most part, there are two main uses for the Azalea flowers; first they are used for people to grow beautiful flower gardens. They will fill front yards, make flower beds look beautiful, and just create an overall look that people absolutely love. Other people use them for floral arrangements. These arrangements include more than just that bouquet that you buy for your wife, it also includes flowers for wedding arrangements and much more. With any flower that you are going to cut, you want to make sure that you trim your Azaleas from the shrubbery in the early hours before the sun has hit them, this will ensure that they are fresher. When you do this, it means that they will last a lot longer than you imagined.

Why do people plant the Azalea Flower?

People love Azaleas for many reasons. First, they grow very quickly and easily, and when they are blooming, they are massively blooming. If you are trying to grow these, there are many different types that you can grow that will all look different. With Azaleas, they need to be grown in a soil that is very well drained, or at least in a pot that is in a cooler soil so that they are able to grow the best that they can. Make sure that you are taking good care of the Azalea because they can actually be fairly susceptible to disease, especially in the spring, so be sure that you are taking good care of them so that they are going to grow and look beautiful. You don’t want to grow a crop that is just going to die.
Tu habites au Québec? Tu veux jouer au BattleTech? Envoie-moi un message!

Wolverine

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #72 on: 04 April 2013, 21:42:42 »
whew, even feigned nerd rage isn't pretty, never been a cappie fan, but if I was my shiney dream would be either Justin bips off Romano or Kai bipps off sunny and the CC has some sane leadership for a change, maybe pushes out to the periphery some, nice shiney happy times that !
J
"It's called the Awesome for a very good reason"

Youngblood

• Captain
« Reply #73 on: 05 April 2013, 15:00:18 »
SHINEY HAPPY NERD DREAMS, YOU SAY?

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
« Reply #74 on: 05 April 2013, 15:02:22 »
Combined Free Confederated Commonwealth Star League of Suns.

And the colour should be purple ;)
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Warriors of Blake

• Corporal
« Reply #75 on: 05 April 2013, 15:02:42 »
SHINEY HAPPY NERD DREAMS, YOU SAY?

-snip-

And Terra is governed by Blake's faithful, yes?  :D
The 55th (Provisional) WoBM Division: Warriors of Blake

Remember, remember,
The Fifth of December,
The Word of Blake’s fateful first shot!
The Great Houses’ treason
Was Word of Blake’s reason
The whole Inner Sphere went to pot.

Stormlion1

• Colonel
  • Apparently Im a rare survivor of the 1st!
« Reply #76 on: 05 April 2013, 15:57:53 »
And Terra is governed by Blake's faithful, yes?  :D

Governed, no. Buried there, yes.
I don't set an example for others. I make examples of them.

Hersh67

• Captain
« Reply #77 on: 05 April 2013, 16:04:48 »

+1

YESSSS!!! 

Sounds like a winner to me.

Warriors of Blake

• Corporal
« Reply #78 on: 05 April 2013, 19:01:14 »
Foolish FedRat, did you think we would not anticipate our defeat? We've safely moved everything to Circinus and... Oh crap, Regulans.  #P
The 55th (Provisional) WoBM Division: Warriors of Blake

Remember, remember,
The Fifth of December,
The Word of Blake’s fateful first shot!
The Great Houses’ treason
Was Word of Blake’s reason
The whole Inner Sphere went to pot.

wellspring

• Lieutenant
« Reply #79 on: 05 April 2013, 22:03:17 »
Man did you pick the wrong week to quit, being a Capellan player and all.

;)

Darth Nichos

• Lieutenant
« Reply #80 on: 05 April 2013, 22:42:20 »
Umm.....so I am still a little new on this forum but was this whole thing a April Fool's thing? Because similar threads that I have seen in other genres are usually done by Bots

I think I am just confused
To End is to Begin; therefore there are no Endings, only Beginnings

Peace without Liberty is Oppression with Clothing

Carcosa

• Private
« Reply #81 on: 05 April 2013, 22:53:56 »
Don't worry about him (or was it a her?), I'm a new player and over the past couple of months I've picked up the introductory box set, Total Warfare, Cities and Roads Hexmap pack, a dozen mechs, most of them assaults, and today I ordered the Tech Manual. I have painted 5 minis from the box set ( I really need to get better at that), and am finishing the third novel from the Grey Death Legion series. I have only gotten to play once at a convention so far (an old highschool friend was running the game and got me into it), but I might find some players in town soon.

So you see, Battletech is not dying, people are still getting into it.

I was thinking of mixing in the rpg A Time of War and running a combined roleplay/ miniatures campaign if I can find the people.

Can anyone recommend some good painting guides, or ways to improve my painting? Also can you recommend any websites to find local players?

I would show you some pics of my newly painted minis, but they are a little embarrassing since now I figured I rushed them. Also I do not know how to post images in the forums here (if anyone could tell me?).

That Capellan guy (Youngblood) really had me going though.

Here is a link to a pic anyhow: https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/885296_4484715962698_372166621_o.jpg

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/901471_4484715602689_1125284237_o.jpg

The Awesome is a Capellan Red Lancer. I also have a Dragon painted in those colors to make up a Red Lancers Lance. The other mechs are part of my made up mercenary unit called Burke's Bastards.

I hope Battletech continues to grow for a loong looong time!!!
« Last Edit: 05 April 2013, 23:19:54 by Carcosa »

theothersarah

• Warrant Officer
  • Girls just wanna have fun
« Reply #82 on: 05 April 2013, 22:56:12 »
I haven't read anything on these forums for a week or two and I assumed this was someone ragequitting over the fedrats getting what they deserved in Era Report: 3145.

Acolyte

• Lieutenant
« Reply #83 on: 05 April 2013, 23:04:14 »
Well, look at the date on the OP. He was just using every single cliche that people use when they get mad at BT or the board, or life in general.

It was Sarcasm.

- Shane
It is by caffeine alone that I set my mind in motion
It is by the coffee that my thoughts acquire speed
My teeth acquire stains
The stains become a warning
It is by caffeine alone that I set my mind in motion.

Youngblood

• Captain
« Reply #84 on: 06 April 2013, 07:57:40 »
Don't worry about him (or was it a her?), I'm a new player and over the past couple of months I've picked up the introductory box set, Total Warfare, Cities and Roads Hexmap pack, a dozen mechs, most of them assaults, and today I ordered the Tech Manual. I have painted 5 minis from the box set ( I really need to get better at that), and am finishing the third novel from the Grey Death Legion series. I have only gotten to play once at a convention so far (an old highschool friend was running the game and got me into it), but I might find some players in town soon.

So you see, Battletech is not dying, people are still getting into it.

I was thinking of mixing in the rpg A Time of War and running a combined roleplay/ miniatures campaign if I can find the people.

Can anyone recommend some good painting guides, or ways to improve my painting? Also can you recommend any websites to find local players?

I would show you some pics of my newly painted minis, but they are a little embarrassing since now I figured I rushed them. Also I do not know how to post images in the forums here (if anyone could tell me?).

That Capellan guy (Youngblood) really had me going though.

Here is a link to a pic anyhow: https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/885296_4484715962698_372166621_o.jpg

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/901471_4484715602689_1125284237_o.jpg

The Awesome is a Capellan Red Lancer. I also have a Dragon painted in those colors to make up a Red Lancers Lance. The other mechs are part of my made up mercenary unit called Burke's Bastards.

I hope Battletech continues to grow for a loong looong time!!!

You are an Awesome dude. ;) ;) O0 :-X O:-) ;D

Youngblood

• Captain
« Reply #85 on: 06 April 2013, 08:26:20 »
Double posting to emphasize that the end is near.  The dagger is in the heart with ER:3145 and the last nail is being driven in the coffin with the first Technical-Disaster Readout-Mockery book of 3145 too.  It's time for us to move on, to move on to watching English-subtitled episodes of the Japanese voice dub of My Little Pony.

Stormlion1

• Colonel
  • Apparently Im a rare survivor of the 1st!
« Reply #86 on: 06 April 2013, 09:03:28 »
Double posting to emphasize that the end is near.  The dagger is in the heart with ER:3145 and the last nail is being driven in the coffin with the first Technical-Disaster Readout-Mockery book of 3145 too.  It's time for us to move on, to move on to watching English-subtitled episodes of the Japanese voice dub of My Little Pony.

Wow things must be bad to fall that low.  :P
I don't set an example for others. I make examples of them.

wellspring

• Lieutenant
« Reply #87 on: 06 April 2013, 11:21:14 »
Just to be clear, yes, this is an April Fools joke post.

There's a long list of gamers who left BT back in the early 2000's and are coming back, so I just wanted to be totally clear about that since some won't notice the date.

Youngblood

• Captain
« Reply #88 on: 06 April 2013, 11:55:23 »
I wish there were some way for Internet forum threads to telegraph "YOU WILL PROBABLY LIKE THIS THREAD IF YOU HAVE BEEN AROUND HERE A WHILE AND GET ALL THE IN-JOKES but otherwise move along, have a nice day" without actually having it displayed and breaking the amusing mood in the process.

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #89 on: 06 April 2013, 12:02:20 »
I wish there were some way for Internet forum threads to telegraph "YOU WILL PROBABLY LIKE THIS THREAD IF YOU HAVE BEEN AROUND HERE A WHILE AND GET ALL THE IN-JOKES but otherwise move along, have a nice day" without actually having it displayed and breaking the amusing mood in the process.

By the time you railed on your parentage, it sunk in.  I'm still a newb to the board, just not a n00b. 
Playing Guitar On My YouTube Channel:
Current cover tune: "The Wind Cries Mary" (by Jimi Hendrix)
https://youtu.be/m6a8wZiCsjM?si=0w7tVOgk7yylNv6a

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert