Author Topic: paintRack Android app  (Read 1775 times)

mbear

• Stood Far Back When The Gravitas Was Handed Out
  • Major
    • Tower of Jade
paintRack Android app
« on: 29 November 2018, 09:32:40 »
You've probably all seen this already but I just found it and it looks cool. It's an Android app that you can use to inventory your paints, which is cool enough, but you can also create paint Sets to track what colors you used for a particular model. When you take a break and come back to the next mini for the unit, you can precisely find out what paints/combos you used. You can even create sub-Sets to track the colors you used on particular parts of the model (not particularly useful for BT players, but for some of the WH40K or Reaper minis it could be a godsend).

Plus it's got a metric boatload of paints from various manufacturers pre-loaded into a database. Of course you can create/add your own paint combos too.

I'm not affiliated with them at all, just really impressed. The main website is http://www.courageousoctopus.com/. From there is a link to Google Play.
Be the Loremaster:

Battletech transport rules take a very feline approach to moving troops in a combat zone: If they fits, they ships.

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your BT experience. Now what? (Thanks Sartis!)

panzerfaust150

• Master Sergeant
Re: paintRack Android app
« Reply #1 on: 10 April 2019, 11:30:19 »
I love that app, their paint matching is a bit off from time to time, but all in all, I find the money I spent for the unlocked version to be well worth it. I also liked the rapid scan capability. When you buy paints, scan em in! Now if he would just add craft store lines?
Clover Spear author and cat wrangler!
FedCom Fan!

thecybersmily

• Sergeant
Re: paintRack Android app
« Reply #2 on: 10 April 2019, 19:48:18 »
... Now if he would just add craft store lines?
Couldn't agree with you more. I submitted a request from them but only got the "we're looking into it."