Author Topic: Battletech Beatdowns in Northern VA  (Read 141311 times)

Jester006

• Warrant Officer
Re: Battletech Beatdowns in Northern VA
« Reply #210 on: 08 September 2019, 10:16:29 »
Standard Union?  So... ASFs?  :drool:

Aye.  2 Stingrays.
Did you hear about the LEGO store grand opening?  People were lined up for blocks...

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #211 on: 08 September 2019, 11:26:08 »
Woo hoo!  Air support for all my friends!  :thumbsup:

Tinyozora

• Master Sergeant
  • House Jurai
« Reply #212 on: 08 September 2019, 13:16:17 »
Decent air support too, though I'd gave been happy with just recon asf.  It matters to have eyes in the air.

Jester006

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #213 on: 08 September 2019, 22:37:51 »
Decent air support too, though I'd gave been happy with just recon asf.  It matters to have eyes in the air.

They can still fulfill that role.
Did you hear about the LEGO store grand opening?  People were lined up for blocks...

Jester006

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #214 on: 14 September 2019, 21:14:58 »
The company that I had you all spend points on is going to come into play later down the road in the campaign  >:D

The company will initially be consisting of the following:

Zeus 5T, Battlemaster 1Gb, Marauder 5D, Archer 2Rb, Rifleman 5M, Cataphract 2X, Griffin 1Ds, Axman 1N, Kintaro 18, Phoneix Hawk 3S, Wolfhound 1A and a Stinger 3Gb.

All pilots will have a 3 gunnery and a 4 piloting skill.  The 2 Stingrays are also a 3 gunner and 4 pilot.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #215 on: 14 September 2019, 21:53:35 »
Interesting mix... I'm not actually sure how I'd organize it.  I'll have to review all the variants to make sure they are what I think they are...

Jester006

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #216 on: 22 September 2019, 22:42:38 »
Ok, the company did a good job of pushing back the defecting forces from trying to overrun the landing zones.

But now Kuritan forces have made landfall and are massing for an attack.  This has given a couple days for the company to make repairs.

The Rifleman is practically a total loss.  The left arm and torso were completely destroyed which caused damage to the XL engine and its left leg was blow clean off with a triple crit.

The Wolfhound lost the arm and torso on the right side along with its right leg suffering hip and actuator damage.  While the damage can be repaired, theres not enough time.

The rest of the company will get brought back up to full fighting capability.  The Atlas you all salvaged can be repaired in time. 

The Jagermech 6S and Thunderbolt 5SE can be repaired back to fighting status, but only one of them.  That decision I will leave up to you all.

You all expressed a desire to use some of the captured/salvaged mechs in the fight that is looming ahead.  Here's what I assume will be on the list of 12 mechs you will be fielding:

Marauder, Zeus, Archer, Atlas, Cataphract, Griffin, Battlemaster, Kintaro, P.hawk, Axman

For the two remaining spots, you will have the following decisions:
A) Jagermech or Thunderbolt
B)  Firestarter 9H, Stinger, Commando 2D or Javelin 10N

Jester006

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #217 on: 22 September 2019, 23:03:24 »
Just looked at Huzzah Hobbies's calendar and I'm going to try for Saturday October 12th for the next game.

Firesprocket

• Captain
  • Broke the Bandwagon
« Reply #218 on: 22 September 2019, 23:06:18 »
I'm not real wild about either for A.  The Thunderbolt probably makes the most sense simply due to the better durability and jump jets.  If we plan on dealing with enemy aerospace fighters than the Jagermech may serve us better.  I'll defer to the consensus on that one.

Option B I am leaning toward the Firestarter and Javelin in that order.  The Firestarter has more armor than the Javelin.  The Javelin, while it has less armor, can serve as another crit seeker and has the jump jets to get over difficult terrain that the Kintaro can't traverse which ended up being an issue for me for a turn or two before the it began going off on a rampage.

Firesprocket

• Captain
  • Broke the Bandwagon
« Reply #219 on: 22 September 2019, 23:09:27 »
Just looked at Huzzah Hobbies's calendar and I'm going to try for Saturday October 12th for the next game.
I am fairly certain that is doable.  That is the weekend of Call to Arms in Williamsburg which I'm fairly certain most of the Richmond group will be attending.  That means no scheduling conflicts.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #220 on: 23 September 2019, 03:32:02 »
For A, definitely the Thunderbolt!

For B, I'm with Firesprocket… that Firestarter was a huge pain to fight, and I'd like to share the love!  It's almost as fast the Stinger, and can likely perform the same kinds of duties without too much trouble.

Tinyozora

• Master Sergeant
  • House Jurai
« Reply #221 on: 23 September 2019, 06:34:07 »
As we discussed after the game, the decision on the mech to take for the lights will be dependent on terrain and mission. 

I'd say the Thunderbolt is a more pressing repair to get up and running before facing a Kuritan assault force. 

Jester006

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #222 on: 23 September 2019, 11:52:01 »
The company has taken a defensive position in an area with hills and woods.  Satellite imagery and radar says theres a storm front that may be sweeping through the region.  Severity of it is changing.

Tinyozora

• Master Sergeant
  • House Jurai
« Reply #223 on: 23 September 2019, 12:47:55 »
given that, I'd lean to suggesting the firestarter or javelin.

Firesprocket

• Captain
  • Broke the Bandwagon
« Reply #224 on: 23 September 2019, 16:37:55 »
Satellite imagery and radar says theres a storm front that may be sweeping through the region.  Severity of it is changing.
Is it mutating from a sprinkle to a hurricane?

Jester006

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #225 on: 23 September 2019, 16:51:43 »
Is it mutating from a sprinkle to a hurricane?

Nah, nothing so terrible.  But it does look like there will be a bit of rain and heavy thunder.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #226 on: 23 September 2019, 17:20:15 »
That's better for us as the defenders than for the Kuritans.  Still wish we had something with a Beagle, though...

Jester006

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #227 on: 23 September 2019, 17:23:29 »
That's better for us as the defenders than for the Kuritans.  Still wish we had something with a Beagle, though...

Just remember that lightning likes to strike things at higher altitudes...

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #228 on: 23 September 2019, 17:37:26 »
That means THEIR ASFs aren't flying either...  ^-^

Firesprocket

• Captain
  • Broke the Bandwagon
« Reply #229 on: 23 September 2019, 23:51:08 »
Depending on how bad the storm is and amount, if any, of gale wind it may make the Atlas and Archer mascots due the effects of wind and rain and the additional to hit penalties caused by the environment.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #230 on: 24 September 2019, 03:28:35 »
The Atlas at least can still brawl, and I don't see any better options than the Archer...

Firesprocket

• Captain
  • Broke the Bandwagon
« Reply #231 on: 24 September 2019, 22:35:23 »
Quick question while I thinking about (though I know it isn't immediately relavent.  How difficult would be it be to convert mech from one stock version to another.  Thinking about the Jager specifically since it would be in the shop anyhow, but I have some thought in the back of my mind of one day using and Atlas Samsonov.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #232 on: 25 September 2019, 03:35:29 »
The LRM Jaeger variant, I assume?  ???

Firesprocket

• Captain
  • Broke the Bandwagon
« Reply #233 on: 25 September 2019, 10:20:21 »
More or less as a practical example, yes.

Jester006

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #234 on: 25 September 2019, 11:43:01 »
If you have the time, you can essentially change the variant of a non-omni mech.

As to the Jager, you do not have the time to do a complete overhaul of its weapon systems.  That and the Jager's legs are being used to fix the Thunderbolt.

For the Atlas, if you want to switch the two rear firing medium laser to fire forward, that's fine.  Same goes for other small adjustments you all would like to make.  Like if you want to swap the Griffin's PPC to the other arm, that's doable.

Jester006

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #235 on: 30 September 2019, 21:05:19 »
For those wondering what weather rules are going to be in effect:

There will be a +1 modifier to all shooting and piloting rolls.

While rain and wind are present, it's not enough to affect movement.  However, trying to set woods on fire will be a little more difficult.

Lightning strikes will be a hazard that will be present.  Along with receiving damage by taking a hit from lightning, 1d6 heat will also be applied.

Tinyozora

• Master Sergeant
  • House Jurai
« Reply #236 on: 02 October 2019, 13:55:55 »
Oooo fun. 

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #237 on: 02 October 2019, 21:21:44 »
I'm not sure we want our aerospace support flying in that.  Maybe counter-air (where they can fly above it), but certainly not ground strikes.

Jester006

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #238 on: 03 October 2019, 22:59:13 »
Just finished putting the final touches on a set of hexagon hills that will be in use for the next game.  I would have put up some pictures, but the file size was too large.

Anyone know of a better way to post pics on this site?

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #239 on: 04 October 2019, 03:30:33 »
Last year, I'd have said use a hosting service like Photobucket... these days?  I don't know anymore.