Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
https://www.theregister.com/2024/04/23/voyager_1_engineering_updates/
good news...but i wonder how many gray beards are left to actually keep fixing this ship
Ask the Lead Developers / Re: New reprint
« Last post by Adrian Gideon on Today at 07:42:58 »
No.
Ask the Lead Developers / Re: Tamar Jagers
« Last post by Adrian Gideon on Today at 07:42:36 »
They existed briefly during the Third Succession War.
Really appreciate all the suggestions concerning the different settings from everyone. Many of which I did not know of or had forgotten about. Hopefully others looking for a campaign setting will consider some of these suggestions. I want to play more than one. Lots of really good suggestions.

I have a current Campaign game coming up in May with about half of our group. I think I will present the setting options to the group then.

I am kind of partial to the Misery SW3, Misery SW4, or the Clans Marshal home world. But I will be reviewing all the suggestions again and probably present about 4 to 6 options to the group at our May game.
Ground Combat / Re: Clan Large Pulse Lasers
« Last post by truetanker on Today at 07:10:01 »
My GM once set up a map from the S7 map pack, the Jungle, but added in several pieces of dubious nature. He photocopied some of the City maps and placed them in various places on it. So, we had a Jungle City fight with streets, houses and Municipal buildings as well as the actual map to deal with.

There were Infantry, Vehicles and Mechs defending this "Paradise". The kicker? He added a river portion wide enough to accommodate a pair of custom-built Monitors, paired AC/10's and LRM-5s on standard frames using the saved tonnages to mount them, the LRMs shared a Ammo ton from AC/20 replacement.

We were doing a Mission for "our" Stable on S7 on a back world for extra cash, I had just previously won the salvage rights against a Clan Stable the use of a Turkina C, complete with her technician and former pilot as "bondsman". Whatever that was... anyway. ( :wink: )

Yeah, I got the blunt of those two and even my cLPLs didn't do much damage, and I was a bog 4/5 at the time. I was rolling 8s and 9s, when i needed 10s and 11s. I tried to close in, but man, that terrain is brutal. And the weird part, was he got off 6 turns on most of us, the last 4 on me. And I was at 13 hexes out, trying to stay at a good place to minimize the returns and they kept hitting.

Of course, we were playing with the idea you need to have the Piloting skills to work it. You started off with medium weight of 4/5 and "pay" a Million per each level of weight. Or buy it with 4 kills in it like normal. So yeah, I was on my 2nd Kill...

It went 4/5 Medium, +1 each per weight up and -1 each per weight down. On top of your current standard medium weight skill. So if you were a 3/5 in medium, you became a 2/4 in lights, but a 4/6 in heavies and so on.

TT

Given the era its hard not to say 4th SW, you have LOTS of options to choose from there for large battles that aren't just 3015 raids.

All it really comes down to is picking the 2 factions.
You can have Lyrans, Suns, &/or Mercs on nearly every front.
You can do battle against the Cappies or Dracs easily w/ a few options for the FWL as well.  Mercs aren't quite as common for the Dracs/FWL from what I recall.
I'd ask your players what border/factions they would prefer & then find a nice long battle world.
You could even possibly have a couple worlds by following your ally unit through multiple waves.

As for skills,  since your giving them each 2 mechs & balancing it by BV, I'd give them a set of Vet & Reg skills,  so a 3, a pair of 4's, & a 5.
And then they can tailor the skills to match the BV limit as well as the specifics of the unit.
Good Gunner for the Archer?   Better Pilot for the Hatchetman?   Green gunner in the Ostscout since his job is recon & he has 1 gun?   Etc etc.
I like that idea of giving them some flexibility on the pilots. Paired with the BV balancing that would allow for some player buy in. With the combination of mech and pilot and a pair of units. Could get some interesting combinations from the players for their starting units.

Fan Articles / Re: MotW: Gyrfalcon
« Last post by JadeHellbringer on Today at 06:55:27 »
Since the Falcon Remnants have become a thing, I've been turning into more of a fan of the Falcons (which, let's face it, I've always been jealous of some of their toys).  The Gyrfalcon wasn't one I'd looked at much, but it has joined that group of "Small Bastard Mechs I love".

It's an odd duck (heh, bird pun) in that it wouldn't work in a Clan force a hundred years prior. It's not a 'one man army' machine- it'll do pretty well at dueling, with a smart pilot, but it's not really great at the role. As part of a combined force, it absolutely shines. But tell that to a hidebound 3050s Falcon, and they'll beat you to a pulp for even thinking such heresy.

It remains, as noted in the article, an absolute favorite to lean on (the 2 in particular) in the Dark Age era- I admit to some faction bias, but don't we all?
LĀ“ame Immortelle - Another day
Fira and flame tv
MechWarrior Hall / Re: Word Association 36: SAY WHAT AGAIN!!!
« Last post by NightSarge on Today at 06:05:25 »
steering
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Register