Author Topic: Digging Deep for an NPC - The Murder of Trini Bezz  (Read 3731 times)

Jonathan Cyr

• Recruit
    • Baron Munchhausen's Home for Retired Adventurers
Digging Deep for an NPC - The Murder of Trini Bezz
« on: 08 January 2019, 14:17:05 »
For those that don't remember, Trini Bezz first appeared in Royalty and Rogues, a Mechwarrior 2nd edition scenario pack for the Battletech universe published by FASA in 1994. I played the module back then and I wanted a similar Non-Playing-Character for our current Battletech RPG campaign. Some background modifications gave her an interesting story and wove her into a great 'murder mystery'. Because I am NOT a 70+ year old woman, I felt the need to do some character research. Here's my blog post detailing this creative process. It might give you some ideas for your own fiction writing or RPG as well.

http://thinkingaboutrpgs.blogspot.com/2019/01/digging-deep-for-npc-murder-of-trini.html
"When I was 16, I drove a J-27 ordinance vehicle behind enemy lines, looking for units in need. We found units alright! Luckily they were just as low on ammo as our side." - SFC Oleg Berkovsky

"Don't let her size fool you. She can kick the balls off a bull in zero-G." - Capt. Rachel Emmons referring to Trini Bez.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
Re: Digging Deep for an NPC - The Murder of Trini Bezz
« Reply #1 on: 08 January 2019, 19:37:38 »
That blog post was amazing... I forwarded it to my wife.  While she doesn't play BattleTech, she is a gamer, and I hope she appreciates it too.  :thumbsup:

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #2 on: 08 January 2019, 20:12:26 »
I just finished your other post about NPCs... I sum up that philosophy as "NPCs are people too!".  Excellent work!  :thumbsup:

mikecj

• Major
  • Veteran of Galahad 3028
« Reply #3 on: 09 January 2019, 04:09:20 »
That was great, thanks for sharing
There are no fish in my pond.
"First, one brief announcement. I just want to mention, for those who have asked, that absolutely nothing what so ever happened today in sector 83x9x12. I repeat, nothing happened. Please remain calm." Susan Ivanova
"Solve a man's problems with violence, help him for a day. Teach a man to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime." - Belkar Bitterleaf
Romo Lampkin could have gotten Stefan Amaris off with a warning.

Register