Author Topic: Hello and LFG in person or Online  (Read 4507 times)

LordRazor

• Recruit
Hello and LFG in person or Online
« on: 29 April 2021, 13:47:10 »
Good Day to all, i have been a fan of the BattleTech setting and universe for ages but just now stumbled on the RPG form of it AToW. and as such wanted to start playing it but as i no longer have a TTRPG group to play with in my hometown, or at least know of one i have taken to some forms and message boards looking to join a group to learn the system and play with.

i have played harebrained studios Battletech and the new Mechwarrior 5 as well as a bunch of the older titles but out here in the mid west its just not that big.

please help me. and thank you.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
Re: Hello and LFG in person or Online
« Reply #1 on: 29 April 2021, 19:21:00 »
Welcome to the board!  Unfortunately, I'm in the DC area, or I'd invite you to our in person game which runs about once a month.  It's been a while since I tried to run a play by post game, and don't really have the time at the moment to try again, but that MIGHT change over the summer.

Best of luck!  :thumbsup:

LordRazor

• Recruit
« Reply #2 on: 29 April 2021, 20:12:31 »
thank you for the consideration, honestly if it was hosted on roll20 or Table Top Simulator. ied be fine with that as i have played a few games on those,

Spacedog11

• Recruit
« Reply #3 on: 02 May 2021, 02:54:41 »
Hey, I would be interested in Roll20/Discord play. Any chance at that?

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #4 on: 02 May 2021, 05:39:21 »
I'm sure somebody around here is up for that.  Discord and I didn't get along (when I tell a program to quit, it better quit!).  Last year, my D&D group experimented with Roll20, but the only way I could see the map was for someone else to share it through Zoom.  The weird thing was that it worked the first two times, then suddenly wouldn't log me in properly anymore.  Some "upgrade", I'm sure.  Aside from all that, my schedule is uncertain enough, I prefer play by post in general anyway.  Best of luck!  :thumbsup:

Robroy

• Lieutenant
  • Not named, but not gone. Maybe.
« Reply #5 on: 02 May 2021, 08:27:47 »
I would be interested in joining a game. I am familiar with roll20, never tried Table Top Simulator.

Warfare is the greatest affair of state, the basis of life and death, the Way (Tao) to survival or extinction. It must be thoroughly pondered and analyzed"-Sun Tzu

"Subjugating the enemy's army without fighting is the true pinnacle of excellence"-Sun Tzu

AlphaMirage

• Major
« Reply #6 on: 02 May 2021, 21:57:30 »
I would be down to organize a Mechwarrior Destiny Play by Post to start. Seems like a reasonably friendly system and it is the most modern RPG by Catalyst. It has ways of dealing with Mech Combat and we can integrate Alpha Strike later on for larger battles once we get a feel and flow going.

Would probably set it during the 3040s.

Group Types
Star of Clan Warriors (Clan TBD)
Group of Regulars (Also TBD)
Solaris Gladiators
This is so you don't have to worry about c-bill cost of things or maintenance etc...

If interested include your vote for IS or Clan, a preferred faction, and some super basic character info

PurpleDragon

• Captain
« Reply #7 on: 02 May 2021, 22:15:34 »
If you are in the Tulsa, OK area, I might be able to help you with a group.  Though, we are not currently playing a Battletech RPG, there is one in the works when the one who will be GMing it is ready. 

give a man a fire, keep him warm for a night. 
Set him on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life!

The secret to winning the land/air battle is that you must always remain rigidly flexible.

I like tabletop more anyway, computer games are for nerds!  -  Knallogfall

LordRazor

• Recruit
« Reply #8 on: 04 May 2021, 21:47:15 »
I would be down to organize a Mechwarrior Destiny Play by Post to start. Seems like a reasonably friendly system and it is the most modern RPG by Catalyst. It has ways of dealing with Mech Combat and we can integrate Alpha Strike later on for larger battles once we get a feel and flow going.

Would probably set it during the 3040s.

Group Types
Star of Clan Warriors (Clan TBD)
Group of Regulars (Also TBD)
Solaris Gladiators
This is so you don't have to worry about c-bill cost of things or maintenance etc...

If interested include your vote for IS or Clan, a preferred faction, and some super basic character info

i would be down to play what ever at this point, i would want to be affiliated with Davion in some way though

also im in the Wichita Kansas Area

Spacedog

• Recruit
« Reply #9 on: 05 May 2021, 14:27:07 »
Hey,
I want to play some Battletech RPG too, dont care much what exactly. I am in Germany, so likely online play. Let me know if something starts!

AlphaMirage

• Major
« Reply #10 on: 05 May 2021, 14:34:01 »
Hey,
I want to play some Battletech RPG too, dont care much what exactly. I am in Germany, so likely online play. Let me know if something starts!

Post which option you'd prefer. One of the reasons I was thinking play by post

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #11 on: 05 May 2021, 16:17:56 »
I'm absolutely up for any AToW play by post (preferably 3025 era), but that's not what the OP is looking for...

Spacedog

• Recruit
« Reply #12 on: 07 May 2021, 12:06:38 »
Post which option you'd prefer. One of the reasons I was thinking play by post
Well, I would enjoy doing all the bookkeeping (we used MegaMek HQ for a campaign and ATOW for the roleplay, that was amazing but the group disbanded), as I prefer to be a Mercenary and see the unit grow. But if you want to keep that down I understand (though Play-by-Post would be very suited to it I think). Of the listed options I would personally prefer a House-Regular Unit, Mechwarrior Destiny seems like a fine System to use; I do of course prefer to use a Battletech-Tabletop System (read: MegaMek) for Combat, but again thats just me (I feel that actually playing the battles with a proper system generates many fun stories to tell). I would prefer FedCom, but pretty open to any faction you can tell a good story for honestly. Character would heavily depend on what faction/exact setting we use, so I can not really tell you anything about that yet.

Robroy

• Lieutenant
  • Not named, but not gone. Maybe.
« Reply #13 on: 08 May 2021, 08:08:38 »
I am going to vote for IS and AToW. No real preference for faction, but if I have to I would go, in order of preference, Merc (most options for possible missions), Taurian Concordat (probably mostly pirate hunting), and FedCom.

I kind of like the idea of using MegaMek for the mech battles.

Warfare is the greatest affair of state, the basis of life and death, the Way (Tao) to survival or extinction. It must be thoroughly pondered and analyzed"-Sun Tzu

"Subjugating the enemy's army without fighting is the true pinnacle of excellence"-Sun Tzu

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • RIP. Again. And again. And again.
« Reply #14 on: 08 May 2021, 13:00:23 »
Hmm. I wonder what it would take to create a character sheet in Roll20...

Hmmmmmm...

(I'm currently on the app with friends for DnD5 as we've passed the time during the pandemic... very close to being vaccinated and in person again)
Alas poor Photobucket. I knew him Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy.

LordRazor

• Recruit
« Reply #15 on: 09 May 2021, 20:32:39 »
i would be willing to do a play by post but as i suck with spelling some of the time (learning disability) i prefer voice communication methods. and the 3025 or 3020 start date as mintioned would be fun, as well as a merc unit or a house unit im partial to davion (maybe a specops or Long range recon team.)

Red Falcon

• Recruit
« Reply #16 on: 28 September 2021, 11:47:41 »
I'm absolutely up for any AToW play by post (preferably 3025 era), but that's not what the OP is looking for...

Is this still available? I would be down to play but would need a GM that can carry me as a beginner. Willing to pay for Roll20 Plus if needed to play there.

Register