Author Topic: Battletech Kickstarter thread part deux  (Read 55334 times)

YingJanshi

• Major
  • Switch Friend Code: SW-4326-4622-8514
Re: Battletech Kickstarter thread part deux
« Reply #300 on: 28 February 2018, 11:04:12 »
Not sound bad about Harebrain, but i kinda felt weird being on forum for a pc game. It's because i didn't think it would be self-staining for the maker itself and it was most likely going disappear after couple of years.

What does Paradox have anything to do with HBS? Do they publish games are they holding coming? They going distribute the game itself?
Personally i get bad vibe from the place.

Yes, Paradox is publishing the game. Which makes sense really. They're one of the biggest names in the strategy game niche.

https://www.paradoxplaza.com/news?mtd=eyJ0aXRsZSI6IlBhcmFkb3glMjBJbnRlcmFjdGl2ZSUyMGFuZCUyMEhhcmVicmFpbmVkJTIwU2NoZW1lcyUyMFBhcnRuZXIlMjB0byUyMFB1Ymxpc2glMjBCQVRUTEVURUNIIiwiaW1nIjoiLy9pbWFnZXMuY29udGVudGZ1bC5jb20vczFjdTZpaTM0NHViLzZ1MnBva1BnV2NPR0NJT29XaVVNNlEvOWQ1NDcxMmVmYTIzYTdlZDIyY2Q2NDY0MjdkYmYyNmQvQmF0dGxldGVjaC1wcmVzc3JlbGVhc2UtYmFubmVyLmpwZyIsImRlc2NyaXB0aW9uIjoiVHdvJTIwVGl0YW5zJTIwb2YlMjBTdHJhdGVneSUyMEFubm91bmNlJTIwUGFydG5lcnNoaXAifQ%3D%3D&aid=Battletech-Announced

Initiate of the Order of Valhalla

(HBS: Backer #4,960)
(Clan Invasion: Backer #314)
(Mercenaries: Backer #6,017)

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #301 on: 28 February 2018, 11:25:03 »
At least its not EA.

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
« Reply #302 on: 28 February 2018, 15:05:39 »
And with how much I enjoy the Hearts of Iron series, Europa Universalis series, Crusader King series, Victoria series, and Stelaris all published by Paradox I have this tiny little hope that maybe if this goes well enough Paradox will get interested enough to offer us a Inner Sphere at War computer game.

YingJanshi

• Major
« Reply #303 on: 28 February 2018, 15:40:29 »
I'm just going to drop this here: (it's a screenshot from the "Basics: Combat" video, right about at the 00:45 mark.)

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #304 on: 28 February 2018, 15:42:19 »
My laptop's monitor is not liking that image.  What am I supposed to be seeing?
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

YingJanshi

• Major
« Reply #305 on: 28 February 2018, 15:44:07 »
My laptop's monitor is not liking that image.  What am I supposed to be seeing?

Sorry about that. :/

Atlas II. With ER Large Lasers.

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Cause Them My Initials!
« Reply #306 on: 28 February 2018, 16:43:30 »

Sorry about that. :/

Atlas II. With ER Large Lasers.

Not just ER Large Lasers, it specifically calls out the Company(???) type of Large Lasers

In this case SCI ER LArge Laser, SCI Pulse Lasers, etc.
AGENT #575, Vancouver Canada

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #307 on: 28 February 2018, 16:53:28 »
So Star League Tech will be available at some point in the game?
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
« Reply #308 on: 28 February 2018, 17:42:39 »
It was in the game files during the beta and the plan does seem to be to make the game extensible into other eras if things go well enough.

YingJanshi

• Major
« Reply #309 on: 28 February 2018, 17:54:48 »
It was in the game files during the beta and the plan does seem to be to make the game extensible into other eras if things go well enough.

Ah, didn't go digging around in those (too leery of messing things up). But I thought I heard talk Double Heat Sinks were a hard no-go?

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • RIP. Again. And again. And again.
« Reply #310 on: 28 February 2018, 18:07:20 »
There is always the possibility of further BT games a'la the Shadowrun trilogy through Hong Kong.
Alas poor Photobucket. I knew him Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #311 on: 28 February 2018, 20:31:21 »
It would makes sense. If it sells, you keep making it.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Senorsuperman

• Recruit
« Reply #312 on: 07 March 2018, 06:33:23 »
There is always the possibility of further BT games a'la the Shadowrun trilogy through Hong Kong.
God I hope so, I loved the shadowrun trilogy, and Battletech was my gateway drug into every kind of table top gaming. I need more Btech!

Mendrugo

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Manei Tetatae
« Reply #313 on: 07 March 2018, 07:31:36 »
If they want to stick with obscure Periphery conflicts, it'd be fun to run an expansion pack on the other end of the Inner Sphere in the Chainlane Isles.  Oodles of warring factions, 'Mechs in high demand, a region dotted with abandoned/hidden Rim Worlds Republic bases, and the potential of the Jade Falcons and Diamond Sharks wandering in, depending on when it is set.
"We have made of New Avalon a towering funeral pyre and wiped the Davion scourge from the universe.  Tikonov, Chesterton and Andurien are ours once more, and the cheers of the Capellan people nearly drown out the gnashing of our foes' teeth as they throw down their weapons in despair.  Now I am made First Lord of the Star League, and all shall bow down to me and pay homa...oooooo! Shiny thing!" - Maximillian Liao, "My Triumph", audio dictation, 3030.  Unpublished.

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
« Reply #314 on: 14 March 2018, 09:34:53 »
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker
New Units and RAT's aren't added until after the 2 month release moratorium is passed.
Join the official MegaMek Discord

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #315 on: 14 March 2018, 14:46:17 »
Lookin good.
Alas poor Photobucket. I knew him Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy.

Dakkon

• Corporal
« Reply #316 on: 14 March 2018, 20:29:07 »
  The gameplay looks solid, but I'm getting a watered down feeling about their portrayal of the Battletech universe. Especially since it's taking place in the periphery, during the late succession wars, and everyone and their dog is riding around in a 'Mech.

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #317 on: 14 March 2018, 22:03:38 »
  The gameplay looks solid, but I'm getting a watered down feeling about their portrayal of the Battletech universe. Especially since it's taking place in the periphery, during the late succession wars, and everyone and their dog is riding around in a 'Mech.

Naw, we just don't talk about people that aren't mechwarriors.  Maybe techs, yeah, they're worth talking to. If they work on 'mechs.
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

Dulahan

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #318 on: 15 March 2018, 11:29:35 »
Yes, Paradox is publishing the game. Which makes sense really. They're one of the biggest names in the strategy game niche.

Yeah, THIS.

Paradox is huge.  They're pretty big in the gaming market in general too.  Helping bring a lot of Euro TTRPGs to both the US and US ones to Europe as well.  Odds are there's genuine Battletech Fans in their company.

Add to that they publish Europa Universalis, Stellaris, Hearts of Iron, and CRUSADER KINGS?  This is even more awesome.  Heck, there's been hints this could feasibly lead to a Crusader Kings style Battletech Grand Strategy game!

This is a company that will (and already has!) given the game a lot of exposure amongst the sorts of people who will be likely to buy it.  In success?  This will help make it a success and that means better stuff as time goes on.

So yeah, I'm excited by this.  Really excited.

Vehrec

• Lieutenant
  • Mr. Flibble is Very Cross
« Reply #319 on: 27 March 2018, 07:54:59 »
Speaking of Paradox, they've also got this handy-dandy livestream that they put up on youtube.
*Insert support for fashionable faction of the week here*

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
« Reply #320 on: 27 March 2018, 08:47:15 »
New video -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jxqmd_tE2WI and release date confirmed for April 24th @ 9 am PDT.
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker
New Units and RAT's aren't added until after the 2 month release moratorium is passed.
Join the official MegaMek Discord

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #321 on: 27 March 2018, 15:25:19 »
Humble account needs to be made shiny for when the game ready.  I hope.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants

Stormforge

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #322 on: 30 March 2018, 10:07:40 »
Some early release beta streams to get the word out to non-Battletech/Mechwarrior players.

Major Early Story Mission Spoilers

Secondary warning, each video is 3 hours long.

The first Bombadil seems familiar with Battletech and at one point had game dev Adarael in chat. (Derp! ??? Nevermind that is the NGNGtv twitch channel, sure hope he knows BT. Never watched any of their streams before.)
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/244487616

The second CohhCarnage looks new to the universe and seems impressed with the game. Continuing his Battletech gameplay today at 1pm EDT.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/244283036

I'm really liking how HBS added tool-tips for lore. Any orange text has an explanation of lore or game mechanics. Simple things like what a jumpship is, up to explanations of factions, etc.
« Last Edit: 01 April 2018, 07:51:57 by Stormforge »
If the enemy is in range most likely so are you.

BATTLEMASTER

• Captain
  • Hot and Unbothered
« Reply #323 on: 31 March 2018, 23:29:07 »
I'm really liking how HBS added tool-tips for lore. Any orange text has an explanation of lore or game mechanics. Simple things like what a jumpship is up to explanations of factions, etc.

That is quite nice.  I don't get why it's so hard for PGI to do that  :facepalm:
BATTLEMASTER
Trombone Player, Lego Enthusiast, Engineer
Clan Smoke Jaguar, Delta Galaxy ("The Cloud Rangers"), 4th Jaguar Dragoons
"You better stand back, I'm not sure how loud this thing can get!"
If you like Lego, you'll like my Lego battlemech projects!

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #324 on: 01 April 2018, 09:17:37 »
That is quite nice.  I don't get why it's so hard for PGI to do that  :facepalm:
I think it's because their more arcade game verse RTS which has room for lore and more detail put in it's game play. Scenarios in RTS have substance in my opinion.  Not saying MWO can't do that, but it's not its mentality.

Cyc

• Captain
    • CycKath at DeviantArt
« Reply #325 on: 19 April 2018, 18:45:57 »
Ever sooner - I know what I'll be doing for large part of my Anzac Day holiday...

https://twitter.com/WeBeHarebrained/status/987014249657569287
Heads Up! We'll be sending out #BATTLETECH Backer Keys over the weekend and  @steam_games Backers and pre-orders will be able to preload on starting Mon, April 23 at 9am PDT!

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #326 on: 23 April 2018, 18:12:08 »
Ok, y'all. I think I'm going to go ahead and close this thread, pointing to a new thread discussing the game:

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=61233.0

And a thread for discussing technical issues. I'll allow any remaining Kickstarter issues to be discussed here:

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=60713.0

Otherwise discuss the game in the thread above.
« Last Edit: 23 April 2018, 18:20:59 by Bedwyr »

Register