Author Topic: MWO - GDPR Patch V1.4.170.0 - Free Nova-S Champaion 'Mech  (Read 1818 times)

Cyc

• Captain
    • CycKath at DeviantArt

https://mwomercs.com/news/2018/05/2063-gdpr-patch-v141700-your-free-mech

PGI offering free 'Mech if you agree to new GDPR Terms of Service and Privacy Policy -  a Nova-S Champion version.

No end-date mentioned, but if your interested and willing to accept the new terms, sooner rather than later...

Caedis Animus

• Captain
  • How can a bird be sultry? Very carefully.
Re: MWO - GDPR Patch V1.4.170.0 - Free Nova-S Champaion 'Mech
« Reply #1 on: 27 May 2018, 13:30:45 »
It's a decent Match Score farmer with those triple AMS HPs.

Orin J.

• Captain
  • I am to feared! Aw, come on guys...
« Reply #2 on: 27 May 2018, 16:59:06 »
I'm not a fan of Novas myself, but i guess i'll need to agree to play the game so i'll do that when i have time to read through the terms.

I'm a little tired of doing that right now though, couldn't everyone have just acted on the up and up and saved me the trouble of dealing with this?
The Grey Death Legion? Dead? Gotcha, wake me when it's back.....
--------------------------
Every once in a while things make sense.

Don't let these moments alarm you. They pass.

Siden Pryde

• Warrant Officer
  • Papermaster
« Reply #3 on: 27 May 2018, 18:20:22 »
Logged in to the MWO site for the first time in... a few years.  When did I last play, mid 2014?  Can't remember.  Saw this.  I guess if I ever start playing again I'll have TWO mechs now.

I'm not a fan of Novas myself, but i guess i'll need to agree to play the game so i'll do that when i have time to read through the terms.

I'm a little tired of doing that right now though, couldn't everyone have just acted on the up and up and saved me the trouble of dealing with this?
A quick look at their updated policy (https://mwomercs.com/privacy), it seems that the major changes are:

1.2 EUROPEAN UNION (GDPR)

The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is the EU regulation on data protection and privacy which takes effect on May 25, 2018 and covers all individuals in the European Union. The purpose of GDPR is to give individuals control over their personal data and simplify the regulatory environment for businesses by unifying the laws within the EU. GDPR is applicable to all citizens of the EU, and its regulations apply to all businesses that do business with citizens of the EU.

4.1. YOUR DATA PROCESSING PREFERENCES

You can choose how we use your Personal Data. You have the option to:
• Withdraw your consent to the processing of data – See Section 6.1
• Request a copy of the Personal Data we have collected about you – see Section 8.1
• Request the deletion of your Personal Data – See Section 8.3
If you wish to make any of these requests, please contact the Data Controller (listed above).
« Last Edit: 27 May 2018, 18:43:11 by Siden Pryde »

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #4 on: 28 May 2018, 18:27:29 »
Even if you don't play might as well Pokemon all the free mechs they offer :P

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #5 on: 30 May 2018, 08:06:04 »
Well there certainly a LOT of Novas now.  Hope it doesn't diminished the Mech too much with all those Hero variants out there.

I haven't found that mech all that cool to me, it's not as bad as heat hog the Prime is. 

"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki