Author Topic: 0.43.5 Slack Tournaments  (Read 1829 times)

BLOODWOLF

• Warrant Officer
0.43.5 Slack Tournaments
« on: 18 December 2017, 17:42:53 »
Going to be playing tournaments this week in the #findagame channel on slack http://megamek.org:3000/ trying to break anything and everything in the new 0.43.5 MegaMek release before we get to stable.  We can do double-elimination or round robin tournaments.  Intro-experimental, light-assault, 1-4 mechs/player.  Whatever the players agree on.  Will be on around 8pm CST each night.

McSlayer

• Master Sergeant
Re: 0.43.5 Slack Tournaments
« Reply #1 on: 20 December 2017, 19:02:45 »
I just found this now.

So are you still doing an introductory class Tourney?

Or just your experimental Class Tourney?

BV is before or after including Piloting skills?
You might not live more than once, better make it good.

I was born 6-gun in my hand, Behind a gun I'll make my final stand, That's why they call me... Bad Company...

BLOODWOLF

• Warrant Officer
Re: 0.43.5 Slack Tournaments
« Reply #2 on: 22 December 2017, 23:35:49 »
I just found this now.

So are you still doing an introductory class Tourney?

Or just your experimental Class Tourney?

BV is before or after including Piloting skills?

Played with McSlayer tonight so, if anyone else is wondering.  We have just been rolling in slack 1D4 (intro - experimental), 1D4 if Intro (IS light - assault), or 1D8 (IS light - Clan assault), and then 1D4 (1 - 4 mechs / player).

Mainly this is just to test for bugs in the latest release each night to help out making the upcoming stable the best it can be.  At least mech-wise, if the players wanted to do aero, space battles, combined arms, etc we could do that too its nothing formal.

And the Max BV is per unit "with" piloting skills so, more often than not the players who pick lower BV mechs and then put elite pilots in them tend to win the game we have been noticing.

Register