Author Topic: New Development Release 0.43.5 for Megamek, MegaMekLab, and MekHQ  (Read 9302 times)

PurpleDragon

• Captain
Re: New Development Release 0.43.5 for Megamek, MegaMekLab, and MekHQ
« Reply #30 on: 21 December 2017, 16:00:13 »
Got it, ran into the same after action bug everyone else is seeing.  Waiting for the hotfix release. 
give a man a fire, keep him warm for a night. 
Set him on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life!

The secret to winning the land/air battle is that you must always remain rigidly flexible.

I like tabletop more anyway, computer games are for nerds!  -  Knallogfall

CDAT

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #31 on: 22 December 2017, 14:03:52 »
With regard to "unexpected dead zones", the most common cause is when an aircraft does a "strike" or a "dive bomb" against a ground unit. That immediately drops its altitude by one (two for dive bombing). Thus, any aircraft that was attacking it at the time  suddenly finds its target in the dead zone.
So question, how does this work as they drop the altitude immediately if with my first fighter I target a enemy unit that has not declared shooting yet and is at a valid altitude when I declare that I am shooting them, but then next when they declare they declare that they are dive bombing thereby making it so they are in my dead zone now?

NickAragua

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #32 on: 22 December 2017, 14:45:10 »
So question, how does this work as they drop the altitude immediately if with my first fighter I target a enemy unit that has not declared shooting yet and is at a valid altitude when I declare that I am shooting them, but then next when they declare they declare that they are dive bombing thereby making it so they are in my dead zone now?

In that situation, you are hosed. Apparently, it's rules as written for now, so my general advice would be to either avoid firing on units that you know are going to be shooting at ground targets or be far enough away from them that dead zone doesn't matter (not always possible on the smaller ground maps).

scJazz

• Captain
« Reply #33 on: 22 December 2017, 16:34:40 »

Drop altitude yourself that way if they do attack ground target you are already at the correct altitude and there will not be a dead zone.

anastrace

• Corporal
« Reply #34 on: 22 December 2017, 18:16:45 »
Hi! I noticed that in this version, and the prior, the battle armor AP mount seems to be missing as a selectable option in megameklab. Not sure if it's a bug, or if I'm just blind to the obvious.

Also, if you say wanted to use a VPL Rifle as the AP option why is it listed as a weight? Also, is there an option to select personal weapons for suits equipped with Armored gloves?

Thanks for all the hardwork on this suite, it's super helpful for a returning player!
Missiles, how do they work? (Seriously, guided bottle rockets?)

Andras

• Lieutenant
« Reply #35 on: 22 December 2017, 18:32:10 »
Hi! I noticed that in this version, and the prior, the battle armor AP mount seems to be missing as a selectable option in megameklab. Not sure if it's a bug, or if I'm just blind to the obvious.

Also, if you say wanted to use a VPL Rifle as the AP option why is it listed as a weight? Also, is there an option to select personal weapons for suits equipped with Armored gloves?

Thanks for all the hardwork on this suite, it's super helpful for a returning player!

IS APWMs are listed in Other Equipment, it's new for the ISBA this revision. Personal weapons can be mounted in Armored Gloves, here's is a sample suit with 2 VPLRs, one in the gloves, one in the APWM. They do seem to weigh 6kg each, which may be an error.

Code: [Select]

New BattleArmor Base Tech Level: Standard (IS)
Level
Era
Standard
3145+
Tech Rating: E/X-X-E-D BV: 49 Cost: 1,772,000 C-bills  Movement: 3/3/3  Internal: 4 Armor: 8 BA Standard (Basic)

Internal
  Armor

Trooper 1

Trooper 2

Trooper 3

Trooper 4

Weapons
  Loc
  Heat
Variable-Pulse Laser Rifle (APM)
Squad

Variable-Pulse Laser Rifle (APM)
Squad

Needler (Firedrake) (Body)
Squad

Swarm Mek
Squad

Attack Swarmed Mek
Squad

Stop Swarm Attack
Squad

Leg Attack
Squad

Equipment
  Loc
BA Manipulators [Armored Gloves] (Left arm)
Squad
BA Manipulators [Battle Claw] (Right arm)
Squad
Anti Personnel Weapon Mount (Right arm)
Squad

CDAT

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #36 on: 22 December 2017, 19:41:15 »
In that situation, you are hosed. Apparently, it's rules as written for now, so my general advice would be to either avoid firing on units that you know are going to be shooting at ground targets or be far enough away from them that dead zone doesn't matter (not always possible on the smaller ground maps).
So I have been trying to wrap my head around the current aero rules (my local group normally uses AeroTech I) and I can find where it says that you drop the altitude but I can not find anyplace that says it is done immediately, I may just be missing it but if it does not say to do it immediately would it not be done like almost everything at the end of the phase? I could find one place where it said to mark the change after the attack, but nothing about when it took effect so to me (and again maybe I am missing something clear as day) it like damage that you mark as it is done but does not take effect tell the end of the phase.

Drop altitude yourself that way if they do attack ground target you are already at the correct altitude and there will not be a dead zone.
Thanks, tried this but I guessed wrong every time. When I thought they wold drop bombs they did a strike, when I thought they were going to strike they dropped bombs. When starting at elevation 5 they can level bomb (no change), strike (-1 elevation), or dive bomb (-2 elevation).

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
« Reply #37 on: 22 December 2017, 20:01:31 »
So I have been trying to wrap my head around the current aero rules (my local group normally uses AeroTech I) and I can find where it says that you drop the altitude but I can not find anyplace that says it is done immediately, I may just be missing it but if it does not say to do it immediately would it not be done like almost everything at the end of the phase? I could find one place where it said to mark the change after the attack, but nothing about when it took effect so to me (and again maybe I am missing something clear as day) it like damage that you mark as it is done but does not take effect tell the end of the phase.
Thanks, tried this but I guessed wrong every time. When I thought they wold drop bombs they did a strike, when I thought they were going to strike they dropped bombs. When starting at elevation 5 they can level bomb (no change), strike (-1 elevation), or dive bomb (-2 elevation).

Errata is here - http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=51694.0

MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker
New Units and RAT's aren't added until after the 2 month release moratorium is passed.
Join the official MegaMek Discord